"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
Mother Teresa

Smile

Cancer stripped her of everything including her life but it could not steal away God's LOVE, PEACE and the JOY that radiated through her. Korrine never stopped SMILING!
Korrine Lannie Croghan

Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing

Korrine & Cancer

On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.

During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.

Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.

Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.

Team KC

The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.

Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.

Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!

*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Note From Korrine (written after her 4th round of Chemo)...

Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.

Korrine Lannie Croghan

Friday, January 11, 2008

Sign Korrine's Guestbook

Korrine and her family cherish kind words of support from friends and loved ones. Please take a moment to leave a message or to read the notes other visitors have written. Messages to Korrine will be printed out and taken to her on a regular basis. *Guestbook comments are moderated and may not appear immediately.

Thank you!

418 comments:

1 – 200 of 418   Newer›   Newest»
Kristi Southwick said...

Hi Korrine,
I know you don't know me all that well if at all but Tristen is like my other sister. I just wanted to let you and you family know you are in my prayers. I am sure you get a lot of people that say that to you and at some point you may even get tired of hearing that. I know I did this year I lost my son and I couldn't tell you how much I thought ok ok. With that being said God does wonderful things and we may not understand it now or yeas from now but he does. This is something I have learned! I will continue to pray for you and hope to get to know you better.

Janet Hemmig said...

Hi Korrine:

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to see your beautiful smile. You are an extraordinary person. Love, The Hemmigs

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
We just want you to know that we are thinking of you a ton and are so sorry you are going through this. We are SURE your positive attitude, zest for life, and love from your friends and family will help you to kick this thing! If anyone can do it, you can! You and your family are in are thoughts and prayers constantly. We can't wait to see your smile again soon!
Take care,
Betsy, Jim, Emily and Nate Wilson

Renee March said...

Corrine,
Hello, I'm the mother of Emily March in your brothers class. I know we have never meet but I wanted to let you know we are all praying for you. If your anything like your brother I know your strong, smart, funny, kind, sweet and wonderful! Plus this is all the things I've heard about you so they must be true.
We wish you all the best and will be thinking of you often.
Here is a great BIG HUG! Please share if with the rest of your family!
Take care,
The March's, Gary, Renee, Emily, Claire and Carter

April Liebman said...

Hi Korrine,
We, too, are sorry you and your family are going through this. You are such a bright and cheerful person, you bring positive energy with you wherever you go. These wonderful aspects of your personality will be a foundation for strength at a time like this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We look forward to seeing you soon,
April, Sebastian, Sophia, Fabian

marcia bergendahl said...

Hey Korrinie
It's auntie Marcia sending lots of love your way. I am radsing as much as I can to be as educated as I can about your cancer. I come to find out that I have a friend that went through the exact same cancer as you and very similar treatment. That was seven years ago and he is doing fantastic and he says you will too.
It is amazing how many peoples lives you have touched. Your mom and dad are very loved too, so there is a lot of love and prayers going to the Croghan family.
I love you, little mermaid,
Auntie Marcia

Tina said...

Korrine,
Hello sweet girl, I'm so sorry to hear your news, I know you and your family will get through this as you are a strong family. I will miss your smiling face in the hallway as I go to pick up Gabriel but know I will see it again soon. I just wanted to say hello and let you know you are in our prayers....Tina, Rob, Gabriel and Adrian Vargas

Anonymous said...

Hello Korrine
We are praying for you and you have our thought and support. You have a great smile and positive attitude that we know you will the greatest strength to get through this. With you family and friends, the "monster" will not get you!!

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Korrine-
Please know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a special person so every individual person you meet. You are seriously the nicest, most innocent person I have ever come across.
Have a healthy recovery and I hope to see you soon. Best of luck to your family.
Lots and Lots of Love,
Alex Accornero

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

I hope you are continuing to feel better each day. You looked strong when I came and visited you in the hospital. Keep your fighting spirit and stay strong.

Love,

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine, Matt, Dana & Sean,
Our love & prayers are with you and you are in our thoughts & prayers all the time.
You are such a special family, so thoughtful and loving in addition to all you give to our community. You are truly exceptional people who make our world a better place and we are very fortunate to know you and have you in our lives.
Korrine, you are such a wonderful person with a soul full of spirit and so wise beyond your 13 years. Just seeing you makes our day brighter, especially when you flash that big beautiful smile of yours!
We pray that you will be feeling better very soon and know we are with you in spirit. We hope to see you, soon!
All our Love,
Maureen, Jim, Jake & Josh

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
You are going to get messages from so many people... and you won't recognize all thier names. I am one of those. I am Kathy and I work with your Dad and Uncle Mark at Canyon.
I know that all this stuff is scary and a lot to take in. You are a very strong and courageous young lady and an inspiration to all of us. I am thinking about you often sending positive thoughts and keeping you in my prayers.
hugs for you and all your family! ~kathy

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
We have been thinking about you everyday. Stay strong and keep positive thoughts, and know that we all care about you very much.
Love,
Tom, Jacksie, William and Emma

Anonymous said...

We love you Korine and we're praying for you. Stay strong!
Cousin Troy, Jenny and Kamden

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine, You are one very special young women and you and your family are loved by so many people! We are all on your team and praying that you will be encouraged and blessed by the messages written to you on this site. Keep looking up and trusting Jesus. He is your HOPE! We love you Uncle Mark & Auntie Denise

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
I love you so much and I am praying for you every day. you are a beautiful and wonderful young woman with an amazing spirit. I know you will experience a full recovery at the end of this tough road. Nicole and I will be here for you every step along the way. I can't wait to see you again soon!
Love, Trevor

Kathy Scarbrough said...

Hi Korrine,
I want to tell you that I am thinking of you and your family often and praying for you even more! You are such a bright spot to anyone you touch and I just know that you are in good hands. Keep up your shining, positive attitude.
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

I Love you so much! I know that you are a fighter and that you will come out of this as a stronger and even more beautiful young woman. I wish this wouldn't have happened to you, but I do know that we are never given more than we can handle. You have amazing friends and a supportive family and we are all here to battle this with you. Never stop smiling and never give up.

I love you honey!
Cousin Tristen

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine!
It has been awhile since I have seen you, and look forward to seeing you soon! I have always loved hearing about how you and your brother are doing from your mom and dad, as I have always been amazed at what a joy you are to be around!
Being a nurse, I know a hospital can be a scary and strange place, and treatments can be too. It helps to have your family and friends. You will get through this honey, and we are all with you every step of the way!
love you lots
Audrey, Kevin and Kenny

Anonymous said...

Korrine this is such an awesome way to send you well wishes. You are such a dynamite young lady!You will be amazed how your journey is going to teach so many about love and optimism.It is truly beautiful. We are here for you and your family always.
Love, The Brissey's
Adam, Trish and Jeff.

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine and family,
My heart is breaking for all of you but i'm putting on my positive attitude because i believe that always helps. Be strong and beat this cancer! We Love you and will pray for you everyday
Cheryl, Steve and Michael MacLachlan

JCSS said...

Korrinne,
You are such a warm and genuinely sweet person that no one can meet you without feeling happier and better for knowing you. Your smile is like sunshine and with your attitude and strength (swimmers rock) we know you will get through this. We are thinking of you and your family.
Love, The Cuys

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

We just want you to know that we are thinking about you. Your cheerful nature and great smile has always been an inspiration, and we hope that all goes well for you.

You and your family are very special and wonderful people, and we feel honored to know all of you.

You are in our thoughts and prayers!

The Gary's
Stu, Cindy & Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi there sweet girl,
We can't wait to see your bright shining smile and know that you have the determination and fighting spirit to kick this thing! We are thinking of you and your family CONSTANTLY and sending you our love and best hugs.
Kevin, Cristi, Jason & Ryan

PS Ryan can't wait to play Webkinz with you :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Team Croghan & especially Korrine! I feel like I already know you through Tristen, but my prayers are with you every day, believing with you for peace, healing and hope. Although we don't always understand why at the time, I do know the Lord will use this time to bring the family closer to each other and to Him. Much love, Shelli

Sue said...

Hi Korrine~

I wanted you to know that you, Mom, Dad and Sean are in my thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing young woman with tremendous strength and will and you will beat this!! Just remember that you have many people who love you and are supporting you the best we can. I look forward to seeing your beautiful smile again soon.
Many hugs and much love~
Sue Bakalar

Unknown said...

Korrine-

I am Larry Vold, pastor at Neighborhood Church in Castro Valley and friends of your relatives. Please know that we are joining you and your family in asking God to glorify His name through total healing in your body. We will keep you and your family in your daily prayers.

Jeremiah 17:14,

Larry Vold and family

MKH said...

Hi Korrine,
My name is Margaret and I work with your cousin Troy at 24HF. He told me about what you are going through and I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I've heard many wonderful stories about you and know you have the strength to pull through this and make a remarkable recovery. Stay strong and know that I'm praying for you every day.
Margaret Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
I know for a fact that God has a pourpose for you and this is just part of his bigger plan (which is going to be AWESOME). I will try to come down and see you as much as I can I promise

With Lots of Love, Lewi

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine, it's Lewi's dad. We are praying and thinking of you so much. The pastor of our church talks about "when bad things happen to good people" alot, and how hard it is (usually impossible) to understand why. I know that God has a plan for your life and he will bring you through this suffering, and in some way that is so hard to imagine right now, God will cause this to work for the good of those who love him (you and your family), who are called according to His purpose. We thank God for you and your family and we will continue to pray for you. The Millers

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,

We only met a couple of times, but each time we did, you had a great big smile on your face that brightened my day and lit the room. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and you are in my prayers each day. Keep those smiles coming!

(Tristen's) Nick

Anonymous said...

Korrine:

We are thinking of you today! Adam and Jeff just saw your site-they were speechless...it is truly awesome.
We are with you every step of the way.
Love,
trish, Jeff and Adam

Unknown said...

Hi Korrine,

We haven't seen you in a while but,
just heard about your surgery and
you are in our prayers. You are a stong vibrant person and will win this with that strong will and beautiful smile. Always thinking of you.

Robin, Tracy, Torrie and Grant Lewis

Anonymous said...

Hello Korrine
My daughter Sammi is friends with your brother Sean, Sammi just said Korrine always gives me a big hug when she sees me. Anytime I see you, you always have a completely shining smile. I want you to know that you and your sweet family are in our thoughts & prayers. I have complete faith in God's healing hands & your wonderful strength of spirit. Love from Maxine & Samantha Hammons & family

Shellee Clore said...

Korrine,
Praise God, you got to come home for Christmas! What a blessing that was for you all. We will continue to pray without ceasing. Praise His holy name. What a huge testimony the Lord is creating in you! You are an inspiration to many and we love you.

Love the Clore's
Rod, Shellee, Brandon & Colton

P.S. Later when your feeling better we'll have to get you a side car for your beach cruiser so Brandon can ride you around! Lol! I can picture it now...You in one of your crazy hats and Brandon saying..."Korrine, let's pray...Dear Heavenly, Dear Father, Hey! Korrine's still not closing her eyes!" Lol! Just kidding!

Cathy said...

Dear Korrine,
You don't know us but your Dad used to coach our daughters' Swim Team and I knew your Mom when she did child care. A friend of mine forwarded your blog to me and asked for prayer. She didn't even know that we knew you! God is so good at getting his people together!

Please know that the Schultz family will be praying for you. Love to your Mom and Dad.

Trevor said...

Korrine,

It was so good to see you last night. Nicole and I will be praying for you all day today as we have been all week. We love you more than words can express and will visit again soon.

Trevor

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,

This is your buddy Steve from RLCC. If you or your family need anything please do not hesitate to ask, Mrs Croghan you have my number. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to seeing you and your family back at the pool.

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine~ Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you make your way through this new chapter in your young life. I fondly remember you (in your preschool days) as a gentle yet strong and determined little girl. Use these remarkable qualities to help you with this fight. You have touched so many people as you have grown and each of us are all sending you lots of love and positive energy! Know that you have a host of angels and the Heavens above watching over you! Keep the faith, sweetie!

Love, Keri, Roger, Joe, and Maggie Brown

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine,

Everyday in 6th grade, you brightened my day with your cheerful and sweet, "Good morning Mrs. Snyder, how are you?" I always looked forward to teaching you, with your bright positive outlook and determination to always be and do your best. You are such a beautiful and very special young lady. God has given you your strong, positive spirit, so that you can endure this very difficult path that has come your way. You have everyone that loves you and is praying for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts daily, and will look forward to celebrating with you when this is all over!

With love and hugs,

Mrs. Snyder :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

Your strength and determination will pull you through this! You also have all of us supporting and wishing you all of the best during your recovery.

I am really looking forward to playing Granda waterpolo with you in the fall. I can't wait for you to join the team. : )

Sending Love,

Jelena,Doug, Lejla and family

Ebbinghaus said...

Hi Korrine, We just heard what you are going through and just want to tell you that we love you and we miss you. We are praying that God will heal you and keep you strong through this. We can't wait to come home and see all of you again. Love, Nonda, Bart, Elise, Briana and Luke

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
Our Sunday School class has been praying for you and your family.
I love your statement I Live Strong...I think it says alot about you and your strength in Jesus Christ! I know you are going to beat this by that statement alone!

Blessings to you and your family,
Michele Chandler and family

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine!
I wanted to let you know that you are always on our minds and in our prayers. You have grown to be such a beautiful young lady with an amazing soul. Your constant smile is always something to look forward to and I know that your optomistic spirit will help you through this rough time. I hope that I will be able to see you soon!
Love to you and your family.
Paula Dreifuerst

Anonymous said...

Korinne I work with you Dad and just wanted to say GO TEAM KC and that I am praying for you along with everyone I know. Hang in there you sound like a tough and brave young woman.

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
It's hard to believe, but there is only 3 hours left in 2007. We know that 2008 will be a challenging year for you, but we also know that you are up for the challenge and that you have the King of King's and the Lord of Lords on your side. He will never leave you or forsake you. You also have many friends and family rooting for you and we will all stand with you and your parents in prayer and any other way that we can in this New Year!
Much love to you sweetheart,
Auntie Denise & Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
Look at all of this love! It is so incredible to see all of these powerful, loving comments. You are loved by so many people. Your smile and constant happiness is very inspiring. I hope to see you soon
Love and lots of prayers
Tricia Rosa

Anonymous said...

To Korrine- my dear flower girl:
Wow honey- Looking at all the photos of you on your website, I can't beleive how fast you have grown up! You are not my little flower girl anymore, but a beautiful young woman! I am so sorry to hear that you are sick. You are a strong and determined girl with lots of positive energy- keep smiling and fighting!!! This will be a challenging time for you, but you will come through this an even stronger and better person! Matt and I send all of our love and prayers to you and your family. I can't wait to come visit you and catch up with everything when you are feeling better!
Love always, Cheryl and Matt O'Brien :-)

Janet Hemmig said...

Hi Korrine,

We are praying for you every day and I've been wearing my "Live Strong" bracelet every day as well. You are truly an amazing young woman and we admire your strength. We love you. Kyle, Janet and Chad

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine, (Matt and Dana)

My name is Diane Shore. I am a friend of your Aunt Denise from CrossWinds church. I will be keeping up with all your news on your great Blogsite! It is good to hear how you are doing and to know what to pray for you each day. It is obvious that many, many people are praying for you, which is our most powerful weapon in this battle you are facing.
Jesus loves you, and He will always be with you through this.

God Bless,
Diane

Anonymous said...

My dear friends the Croghans:

Thank you for the update. As you can imagine it broke my heart to read. The power of prayer is what we have now.This difficultjourney is pulling so many together and that is one thing we defintiely know God has always wanted all of us to do. It is the lesson, the opportunity, and the mission we have amongst each other. Prayers will just keep getting stronger.
We love you and think of you every single moment in our day.

Trish, Jeff and Adam

Anonymous said...

My Dear Croghan family:
My heart broke when reading the most current update.
Your difficult journey has brought people together in prayer, hope and love. That is what God has always wanted. You are creating miracles Korrine. We are now praying for your miracle.
Our thoughts are with you every single moment of the day.
Trish, Jeff and Adam

Jenn Muzzall said...

Hi Korrine,
Kylie and Sean have been in the same class for the past 2 years. We wanted to let you know that we have been thinking of you often and you have been in our prayers. Kylie wrote a big heart on her hand with a cross inside of it. When I asked her why she did that, she said it was to remind her to think of you and say a prayer for you.
You are a breath of fresh air with your wonderful smile and cheerful personality. You make me feel happy everytime I see you. We think of you often!
The Muzzall Family
Shane, Jenn, Kylie, Katie & Caroline

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine, its Adam. Your in my family's thoughts and prayers. Of course you know this from the things my mom has written to you and your family. I ask God to give you and your family a new year.
And that you heal quickly!

from your pal,
Adam Brissey

Kristi Southwick said...

Korrine,

I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Croghi,
You are one of the sweetest girls I have ever met. Your parents are amazing people to raise such a wonderful person. My whole family has you in their prayers and thoughts. So many people love you! You were the best summer league polo team manager and only at the age of 11! And I love being your swim coach! I hope to see you soon
Love, Ana Rosa

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

You are such a strong person and an inspiration to all these people. We all know you will pull through this because you are so strong and loving. You are constantly in my prayers. I look forward to watching you over the next years playing polo at high school and swimming. You are a great athlete and teammate and I can tell you are a great joy for your dad to coach.
Love,
Mary Rosa

Kathy Scarbrough said...

Dear Korrine,
I want to wish you a Happy and Strong New Year. You have some big hurdles ahead of you but the Good Lord is with you for each jump. You have a very strong community of people praying for you.
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine!!!
I know what you're going through and I just want to say that we are all praying for your well being. I hope you get better really soon!
PS. Don't cwy! It's just a wittle water polo! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
I think about you all the time, and pray for you every day. All of us can't wait for you to get better. Stay strong!
All the the love in the world,
Emma

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
You are in our thoughts and prayers every day. With all of this love and prayer, you will have a quick recovery and you will be back in the pool in no time. I can remember clearly the smile and beaming face you had during the JO qualifying tournament after you scored on Diablo! Do it again!
Sending you love and prayers,
Lejla and Doug Cyr

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

We just returned from vacation in Monterey and Carmel a few hours ago and wanted to let you know that we visited the Carmel Mission today and all lit a candle for you after the New Years Day mass in the Basilica and prayed that your treatment goes well.

Stay strong and be happy.
The Nilsens - Robert, Christopher, Joe and Denise

kevinjohnston said...

Korrine,
I am praying for you. It is a lot more fun to play water polo when you are in the pool, so get better soon.

Kevin (heavy kevy)

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
I am Thomas Neufelds Mother, Kimberly. Thomas plays water polo w/you.
We are so sorry that you are having to go through this. We think about you every day.
I know the Lord is with you every moment of the day. He has never left your side. He will bring you through this. Call apon him he will hear you.
You are such a beautiful girl. And WOW you can play Water Polo, Thomas says your real good at water polo. Your web site is great you have a very talented cousin. You have such a wonderful family. You dad is a great person, we are lucky to have such a great coach for our son.
Happy New Year Korrine
Get well soon.......

The Neufelds

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine
It Thomas mother, Kimberly again.
We are praying for you every day too. Thomas too. He says Hi.

Anonymous said...

Korrine-
My girls, Emmie and Kimmie, go to school with Sean (I think they used to chase him in kindergarten)and I know your mom. I heard the news and just wanted to say we are thinking good and positive healing thoughts here for you. I will continue to visit your wonderful page to get updates. I enjoyed getting to know more about you thru your photo album.

stay strong,
Kim, Emmie and Kimmie Faulkner

Unknown said...

Hi Korrine,

Delaney was happy to hear from you yesterday she cant wait till she can visit with you. You are in all of our prayers. You are such a strong girl we know that you will get through this.
Love,
Kristen,Steve & Delaney

Barbara said...

Hi Korrine,
I don't know what I can say that will encourage you. I am praying for you and your family. Jaime is praying for you also. Don't give up! God Loves You and will be with you especially during the trying times. We love you Barbara Augustyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine!
We want you to know we think about you, and you are in our prayers. You and your family mean a lot to us. We can't wait to see your big smile again and hear your sweet voice. We know you'll get through this!
Love,
Dave, Laura, Ian and Mikayla McNair

Anonymous said...

To Korrine and the Croghan Family:
You are all in our thoughts and prayers. It is apparent by the postings that you are loved by so many and that your faith in God is very strong.
Live Strong,
Jill, Trevor, Matt and Marisa Malone

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
You probably know me best as Tricia, Mary, and Ana's mom; I just wanted to say hi to the girl with the magic smile! When reading your web page it becomes obvious how many lives you and your wonderful mom and dad have touched in such amazing ways.
We're sending love and lots of prayers from our family to yours,
Patty Rosa

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine: We want you to know that we have been thinking of you and praying for your quick recovery. I love your picture with the bridesmaid bouquet from our daughter Nicole and Trevor's wedding!! I have also added you to my church's prayer list. We hope to see you soon. Much Love, Pam, Tom, and Ashley Berce

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
you dont know me at all, I am Emma Hughes' cousin in chicago, Illinois. I am so sorry to her about your illness, but you sure have a lot of love, prayers, friends, family all backing you. So keep that positive attitude sweetheart and you can beat this. Keep the faith........God Bless you and your family.......God listens to our prayers.....peace

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

I work with your dad and uncle at Canyon Middle School. I just want you to know that my husband and I have been praying for you. We have also asked our families to pray for you. Hang in there! We have faith that God will help pull you through this. My mom and I enjoyed checking out your pictures and we think you have a beautiful smile!

Love,
Melissa and Derek Yee

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

This is Jennifer from Dr. Marcel's office. We just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in our prayers. You are an amazing person and we know your faith will be strong during this difficult time. You are a light for others and you bring a smile to everyone who is blessed to know you. We pray that God will bring you peace, comfort and healing. We can't wait to see that awesome smile again!! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,
Jennifer Ferolito

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

We want to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers! We love you and your family so much! It is hard to see you and your family go through this hard time, but I know you and your family are very STRONG! If you need anything at all just let me know! We will keep in touch with you!
Love, Elizabeth, Len and Victoria

Anonymous said...

Hello Korrine,
This is Shelby Cota from your Spanish class. Today January 2, 2008 I found out about your cancer. My hopes and prayers are with you. Be strong and keep fighting this cancer. When I found out about your illness it wasn't such a great way because it was over a myspace bulletin. Yes I did get some tears in my eyes. It is truely sad that the cancer got to you. You are a very kind and thoughful person. You always had a smile on your face everytime I saw you. You don't deserve this at all. I am praying for you every moment. I hope you get better as soon as possible.
Take care,
Shelby Cota

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine-

We are so happy to be able to write to you. I don't have anything funny yet to say, but Erika picked out a funny movie for you to watch if you want, and Anika made a card for you... yes, we are praying for you and at least five of my friends here in Merced are also praying for you... I'll let you know as others get on board as well. We're proud of how far you've come already!

Love,

Steve, Erika, Kaleb, Kai, Zak, and Anika

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine & Family,
It's Carrie Moreau (Trevor & Evan's Mom). We just heard the other day about what you and your family are going through. We want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there sweetie! You are such a trooper! Please know that you have so many people pulling for you. I can't believe that even in a hospital bed you still have that wonderful smile! You are a young, bright, beautiful girl that still has so much to accomplish in your lifetime, so you keep fighting!
Lots of hugs to you (and to you to Dana)!
Carrie, Scott, Trevor, & Evan Moreau

Unknown said...

Korrine!

You are one of the nicest, caring, cheerful, and strongest people I know. I've never heard you say a bad thing about a person and you're always so pleasant to be around. I really miss the old days when we were on the same water polo team.Those couple of months with our team were some of the best times of my life! You are such a great human being Korrine, and you have so many great things ahead of you!

I hope to see you around the pool again very soon! You're in mine and my family's prayers! Hang in there Korrine!

Love,
Maddie Sweeney

marcia bergendahl said...

Hi Korrine
This is Jordan your cousin. I have been thinking about you everyday. I hope you are feeling better. My mom ordered me a livestrong bracelet to wear proudly, for all the people with cancer and for those who have beat it, like you will!
I am going to shave my head bald too, in honor of your fight against cancer. I always say a prayer when I go to sleep that God will keep you strong.
Love from Jordan

marcia bergendahl said...

Hi Korrinny
It's Auntie Marcia. Boy if anybody didn't know who you are they certainly will now. What an amazing power of strength is forming around you and your family. I feel the power just reading the letters. I sure do miss seeing you.
I love looking at the pictures of you, your friends and family. I especially love the Yosemite pictures. Half Dome is my favorite, but El Capitan, the giant granite rock, that is how you are going to come out of this whole experience. Breathtaking, undescribable strength created by God.
I love you, my little mermaid
Auntie Marcia

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,

when i met you playing waterpolo for my first year i thought you were the nicest girl on that team with the best smile. Every time i see you, you always wave to me with that huge smile and say hi. So i just wanted to let you know your in my prayers and get better soon so you can play waterpolo:).

Lots of love,
Courtney Dunn

Mark, Cheryl, Connor, Preston Hasting said...

Hi Korrine,
This is Connor & Cheryl. We have been keeping up with you and wanted you to know that we have been thinking of you. I miss seeing your mom at yard duty. She is a wonderfully positive person and will do anything for you. Connor wanted you to know that he wants you to get well soon, so you can do a victory lap at a track meet this year. We love your blog site and will keep viewing it for updates.
Love,
Cheryl & Connor Hasting

The Mickels Family said...

Hi Korrine,
We are praying for you and sending good thoughts your way every single day! You are 100% faith filled and nothing is more powerful than that! We can't wait for you to get better because we all miss that wonderful "Special K" smile of yours! Love,
Robin, Peytie, Zach & Todd

The Reeves said...

Hello Neighbors,

Just wanted to let you know we think about you guys everyday.Please do not hesitate to ask us if you need anything. We are here for your family. Korrine stay positive and be Strong. Take
Care.

Rick, Marian, Ricky and Ryan Reeves

Doug said...

Hi Korrine!

I work with your Dad at Canyon. Many of us are praying for you regularly. Tell your Dad & Mom that we are praying for them too. Many people care for you even though you don't know them.

Doug

Anonymous said...

hello Korrine:
I thought about you so often on this rainy day.I thought about you being surrounded by your Mom and Dad, and the docotrs and nurses who care so much for you.
It brought comfort to me knowing they could be there with you. You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday.
PUSH!(Pray Until Something Happens)
love trish,adam and jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine:

I know you don't know me but I'm a friend of your dad's and cousin Trevor's (a fellow aquatic lover!). You have been in my thoughts everyday and I'm so glad to hear you received some good news today! I will continue to pray for you; for strength and courage as you continue this journey. Be strong. Live Strong. Love, Jenny Kubicki

Patricia Wright said...

Dear Korrine,
Greetings and good thoughts to you from San Ramon. I work with your dad and your uncle at Canyon. I teach kids with learning challenges. I want you to know that my family and my church family will be praying for you. You may feel crummy and that can be a gross understatement, but you must know that you are never alone. Our Heavenly Father is always there and your many friends, family, and extended family are thinking of you and wishing you well.
Sincerely, Pat Wright

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine
Sammi wanted me to tell you that she had a dream about you last night & that you were all better!
We have faith that this dream will be true-I love coming on here and seeing your cheering team growing & growing. Its amazing how many people you are touching sweet girl!
Love Maxine & Samantha Hammons & Family-we're living strong!

Sue said...

Hi Korrine~

As I was watching the rain come down today, I was visualizing the cancer being washed from your body. I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers each day. Stay strong, CutiePie, you will beat this.
Love,
Sue Bakalar

Anonymous said...

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE shall direct your paths.

Korrine,

My husband and I learned about the specialness of You through somesone at our church Cornerstone Fellowship. You will be in our thoughts and prayers daily. God is with you and your family, He will keep you safe and in his loving arms. When I saw your name and all your beautiful family pictures I realized that your Grandpa Jack taught me aerobic swimming many years ago at Ohlone College. You have a wonderful family and God Is With You!

Love Connie and Dan Estrada

Melissa said...

Hi Korrine,
I'm sooooo happy to hear that your bones are cancer free! I miss you a lot!!! Our family is thinking of you every day and keep you in our prayers. I'm wearing my Livestrong bracelet for you everyday! I hope I can see you soon! Midget, you are a trooper and I know you can get through this difficult time!
Love,
Melissa Mullaly

Anonymous said...

Hello Korrine!

I can't wait for your first series of treatment to be over. I have been counting the days with you. I hope you can go home and rest in your home that your Mom and Dad have made so cozy over the years. I know you remember the times I would come over and move furniture around with your Mom and we would giggle at the transformations!Silly Moms! I can't wait to see you-we are praying everyday.PUSH!
We love all of you!
trish, adam and jeff

Lopez family said...

Hello Korrine,
We just wanted to let you know you are continually in our thoughts and prayers. You are so precious to God! We are a part of the great cloud of witnesses lifting you and your family before God's throne of grace. Jacob's Sunday School class along with other Bible Study groups and classes at TBC have been praying for you and your family daily. May Jesus bless you as you LIVE STRONG in Him!
Love, Larry, Cricket, Jacob, Isaiah & Jonathan Lopez

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine!!

I just found out about your awesome blogspot from Priscilla. I have been thinking about you and your really bright smiling face ever since you left the hospital in Walnut Creek, the red room, 3086. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are with you everyday and I know that many of us at Pedi think of you often as well. Give a big hug to your mom and dad for me. Keep up the strong fight, you know that you have a huge army right behind you. I still look forward to seeing you play in a water polo game!!! Sending lots of love,
Lindsey Robinson, RN Kaiser Walnut Creek, Pediatrics

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
We are a family who has known many of your loving family for many years. My sons, Steve and Andrew are good friends of Jake and Jeff, my daughter Kat (whose favorite history teacher of all times is your dad!!!) graduated with Jenna and Aunt Debbie and I are kindred souls! Your story (sent to me by Carolyn Burke)has truly touched my heart and my prayers are with you and all of your family. One of the beautiful things about the family of God is that it is so vast and so powerful that the wings of prayer spread the word and the Holy Spirit takes flight and before we know it miracles are soaring. Our church, St. Peter's in Oakland, will now be yet another group praying for you! From what I've read it is evident that you are a strong and amazing young woman who has God on her side and a band of angels (including that whole amazing Croghan Clan!)lifting you up! ....the task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us!...and you know He is ever the Great Physician and Healer. Bless you, dear heart and your precious parents. In His love, Tina, Rod, Steve, Andrew and Kathryn Pomroy

marcia bergendahl said...

Wow
I was just reading your notes of hope from people. Hope nad Faith!!! I have do much faith!! I can only hope that the treatments you are enduring aren't bad.
I'm sitting here writing this to you and God is up in Heaven stirring up some noise!!! He is so powerful, I can only imagine he is getting all the power of this army thinking of you and strengthening his forces of faith!
Your dad once said, when he was about 3 or 4 years old, when it was storming "God sure must be mad at the angels cause he sure is spankin' em hard" My mom, your grandma, got a huge kick out of that. Everytime it thunders I think of that story.
I love you, Korrine, and am thinking of you always.

Love and kisses
Auntie Marcia

Anonymous said...

HI Korrine,

you are in out thoughts and hearts everyday. We pray for a quick and great recovery. We love you and can't wait to see you.
Love, Christine & Matt

p.s. Matt can't wait to shave his head ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I miss seeing you around Mendenhall. I know that you are going to fight this strong.


Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine:
I check your blog site everyday. When I came home and read another(!) church is praying for you, I went back and read over every blog entry....
Imagine? St.Peters in Oakland, Cornerstone in Livermore, Crosswinds in Dublin, Trinity Baptist in Livermore, Neighborhood Church in Castro Valley,Your Dads work, your Moms work, your school, Seans school, Granada High School and your nurses from Walnut Creek, and of course every relative, friend and neighbor. We are thinking of you always and all praying for your recovery. Live strong Korrine! We love you.
Trish, Jeff and Adam Brissey

A Lalor said...

Hi Korrine,
My name is Astrida and Nonda Ebbinghaus is my good friend. She told me all about you and I wanted to write you to tell that my family and I are praying for you as are many of my other friends. Your pictures tell a beautiful story and you are very obviously a very strong young lady who is greatly loved by so many! God is holding you in his hands and providing you with strength and power. Live strong, fight hard and we'll all keep praying for you.
Blessings to you and your family,
Astrida Lalor and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
Im Emily, Nate's sister. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're going through this and every day I think about you. At the beginning of December I was thinking that our families should get together sometime, so when you are done with all of this we have to get together. With the way you are, I know with all of my heart that you're going to beat this thing, and beat it good. Almost every day my mom says, "Korrine's going to be the kind of girl who will make a difference." I think she's totally right. I have faith in you.
Love,
Emily

Anonymous said...

Way to go Korrine!
Live strong!
Round one done!
We continue to pray for you and your family.Now it's time to get you strong. When it's okay to visit I would love to come by.
You are an amazing young lady.
Love, Trish, Adam and Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
This is Michelle Musso, Shirley's daughter. Please know that you are ever present in my prayers. I also am rallying all of the brothers and sisters in Christ I know to pray for you.

Ever since the day I first met you, when you were 2 years old, you have been an exceptionally beautiful and gentle hearted child of God. And even though I am all the way in Arizona, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless you, and your family.
-Michelle

Shull said...

Hi Korrine,
We were happy to read that you are done with your chemo for right now and back at home in your loving surroundings. We have been keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers since we heard last week of your fight. Well, we know of your will, strength, and zeal that will get you through this challenge. We are blessed and proud to know such an incredible person like yourself.
We're keeping the Faith,
All our love to you,
The Shulls
Bobby, Sara, Emily, Bob & Maureen

Anonymous said...

Hey Girley: I'm sure you don't remember me, but you may remember my son, Sterling. He was in your Mom's childcare when, I believe, he was about 3 ish. Real hyper little guy (not much has changed,lol). Well, Sterling now has a brother, Aiden, who just turned 7. He gets to be involved with other children as well since we do foster care. We were recently down in your area visiting family for Thanksgiving. Saw Tina and Lorin Jensen and had a wonderful visit. You look so much older than I remember. Of course! And just beautiful as well. Reading your website has been a blessing on my heart. We'd like you to know that you have been placed on our prayer chain here in Port Orford, Oregon. Keep the faith girley and may God richly bless you, your family and all that come into contact with you. OK, joke time: What happened to the frog who parked in a No Parking Zone?

He got "toad" away.

LOL, I can almost hear you groan from here. Jokes are not my strong suit. haha
Love, Joe, Deborsha, Sterling and Aiden Lashway

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I am one of the yard duties at Smith. Every time I see you and your mom at school, you always have a smile on your face. Your strength and positive attitude will help you in your fight. Just know that a whole lot of people are praying for you!!
Love,
Debi, Dave, Joey and Natalie Rose

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine and family,
I am good friends with your Uncle mark and Aunt Denise...I know your mom and dad and you through them. Our whole family is praying for you. We know how much you love God and we are praying each day He will show you how much He cares about you. The Bible says "Give all your worries and cares to God for he cares about what happens to you" 1Peter 5:7...We will continue to lift your cares to God each day.
Love The Terpstra Family

Anonymous said...

Heyy Korrine,
I just want to you know that I am thinking of you and you are in my prayers. You are a very strong girl, both mentally and physically, and God has given you this disease because he knows that you have the will and the strength to overcome it. Everybody believes in you. Keep on smiling your beautiful smile because we all miss it at school. =)

Love,
Melissa Summers

Anonymous said...

hi korrine.
i was just looking at all my softball pictures recently and realized that you were on my team when we were like 6 years old. crazy right. i hope everything goes well and that you get better soon. just keep your head held high and keep fighting. cause you are so strong and we all believe in you. i will dedicate all my prayers to you. i miss you so much.
love always
korrina botelho

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine.

I'm not that religious but i having been praying every night for you and all the other cancer patients. I remember core and math last year and the room seriously like would light up. im not lieing. I miss that i dont get to see your bright and smiling face everyday. You are so strong, once you defeat this, i cannot wait to see you at graduation.
ilyy so so much!!
-kaitlin

he he candy cane- remeber? i love your shoes lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine, even though i dont go to your school, i know that everybsody misses you. I still remember our good old preschool days when we would go to eachothers houses and have a ball! Even if it did meen me having to play a girly game. lol. no jst kiddin, you would never do that to me. I am always praying for you and your family. keep smiling

your pal,
Bobby Shull

Sharon Bailey said...

Hi Korrine,

I know that you don't know me, but I work with your Dad and Uncle at Canyon. I just had to write to tell you what an amazing young lady you are! You are such an inspiration to anyone who is either going through what you are or may have to in the future. Keep up that great positive attitude and awesome smile.

Sharon Bailey

Mr. Murphy said...

Hi Korrine. I remember how strong you were back in second grade and how you were always working and you never gave up. You always had your trademark big smile and you were always so willing to help others. I remember how much you enjoyed music.
I know that what you are going through right now is rough. You have shown me though that you have great inner strength and I know you can beat this thing. I’ll be thinking of you often and always remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Mr. Murphy

James said...

Dear Korrine,

Our family is praying for your speedy recovery. We admire your strength, and know that God will take care of you.

With love,

The Neimans (James, Alicia, Andrea, and Veronica)

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
I love all your pictures, it shows how strong, beautiful and spirited you are. You don't know me but my family knows your family as we all grew up in the same city and went to the same high school. I know your aunt Denise and Marsha and uncle Steve from when I was about your age as they were real close friends of my older brother. I am praying for you to be strong and win this battle, god is on your side.

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
You don't know me but I am an old friend of Trevor's who used to get his teeth knocked out by him. Seems odd we remained friends huh. Anyway my name is Chris and I live in Rome Italy, and I jsut wanted to say hello and that I am pulling for you and Im sorry to hear of your cancer. Luckily you seem like you have an unbelievable support team of family and friends. Your family are some of the best people I know on the face of this planet, so you are in good hands. You seem to be a strong young lady, thats obvious from the presence and auora one see's in your photos, which tells me this seems only to be only a set back in this Croghans life. Prayers from Rome and the Vatican City.
cb

P.S. I know he is embarrassed about being kicked out of the vatican by the Pope and all, but has Trev. atleast tried to call him and ask him to say a prayer?

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
This is Conner Sharpe(you know, the one that went to the cal stanford game). I just wanted to check in and wish you luck. I know you will overcome this. I hope you are doing well. Stay strong and have faith. We are all praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
This is Conner Sharpe(you know, the one that went to the cal stanford game). I just wanted to check in and wish you luck. I have several relatives that have overcome cancer and I know you will too. Stay strong and have faith. You are in our thoughts and prayers. My best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,

We all miss you at school. Core is not the same without you. Mrs. Brown is letting everyone know about this blog. Today she talked more about NaNo, and we practiced using something i think called "subordinating conjunctions". Then, we watched an animated show called "Liberty Kids", because we are ahead of the other classes. We all can't wait to see you again. You are in all of our prayers. Stay strong, and hurry back. -Erik

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
Its Bobby Shull again. your presence ment so much to me throughout our fun fill childhood. And i feel as if you have had such an effect on my life. It's hard for me to even imagine all the pain that you are going through right now, but hold tight. when i think of u, i think of happiness, and it shows through your pictures. you r in my prayers every day, and i hope for the best. just jeep smiling and hold on tight.

your friend,
bobby shull

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,Just a quick hello to say I'm thinking about you. Your blog site is amazing!  I love the pictures of you, your family and friends... and doctors and nurses!

Obviously, I know your family and the Canyon people I see posting here. I caught one name though (showing what a small world it is and how we are all connected) of someone I've known since I was your age (and I'm older than your Dad now).  It is Mrs. Scarbrough.  We are both "Kathy's" and we know each other from church when we went through confirmation and from school. We graduated high school from Canyon. 

I mentioned to your Uncle Mark that I'd seen her name and he said that she had been one of your teachers.  I'm sure she was a great teacher... because she is a really great lady! hugs, kathy t.

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

I know you have no idea who I am but my son Zack was on your little brothers baseball team. You might remember Zack's nickname ...Scribbles. I remember how pretty and happy you were cheering your brother on with your mom from the bleachers And I just showed my older son Cody your picture and he also knows you from track last year and from school! He say's you are really sweet! Anyway I am really sorry that something this terrible had to happen to such a beautiful girl. I have been lucky enough to meet your family and you are so lucky to have such love and kindness surrounding you! My family is praying for your speedy recovery!
Oh and I pulled my Livestrong bracelet out and I am wearing it proudly for you!

The Scribner Family
Alisa, Mitch, Cody, Zack and Lexi

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine...

This is my first visit to your website but it won't be my last.

You have been in our hearts and on our minds since we first heard about your illness before Christmas. I'm so glad to read that your smile is still there, as it is infectious and helps everyone around you deal with the emotions of the day. Your smile can light up that entire hospital without a doubt, it is so bright. Being positive is half the battle. And remember that God will get you thru everything he puts in your path and you will be stronger because of it. Your fellow patients are blessed to spend time with you and your family. Know that you have helped them along the way.

Your parents are special people who give of themselves so much, it's no wonder that you and your brother are special too. Stay strong and know we all are praying for you and loving you and your family.

Mary Accornero (Alex's mom!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
Just wanted to let you know we love you so much! We are so proud of you! what a beautiful smile you have it lights up the room!! Thanks for showing us all how to have such Hope and strenght, we will continue to ask God for complete healing! You have so many wonderful friends I cry eveytime I read this beautiful website. God Bless you sweetheart. We love you and know God hears our crys for you! Love your cousins, Scott and Stacy Matt, Jenner and Candace

Unknown said...

Hey Korrine,
I've been thinking about you and praying for you all day. I forgot to mention on my previous post the name of a fabulous Kaiser oncologist. He was my mom's oncologist when she had breast cancer a few years ago (she's cancer free now!) and also has been taking care of another friend's mom(ovarian cancer but also doing very well). Both think very highly of him. I don't know whether he does pediatric oncology, but he's certainly worth contacting. His name is Dr. Pan and he's the head of oncology at Kaiser Santa Clara. Prior to Kaiser, he was at Stanford. (I know that might be a problem for your Cal Blue family....:)
Take care.
Pam Winaker

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine!

I am so happy that you are having a better day! I look all the time to see how you are doing! I miss you so much girlie! You and your family our in our prayers! Stay strong and keep faith in God!!!!

LOVE YOU!
Kassie

Anonymous said...

Korrine!
Hello from the sunny state of Florida! My very dear friend Robin Mickles told me about you and I had to visit your website. Your smile is contagious!
I also am a cancer survivor x3 and I am living proof of God's healing hand. I am now a critical care nurse and help to recover open heart patients and also work in the ICU. God has a plan for all of us and sometimes I think He has us go through difficult times to make us stronger for later on in life. I was 17 years old with my first cancer and now I am 41 years old....so far so good! God blesses me every day with another day.
I will continue to pray for you and I hope to see even more of those smiles on your pictures.
Hugs and kisses from the panhandle of FL and our snow white beaches, Maressa Cobb

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
It's Melissa again. I'm still thinking of you and i really miss you at school, especially in p.e. today we worked in the excercise room. Mrs. Johnson changed her last name to Mrs. Baccus... i dont know if thats how you spell it. hehe. =0) she got married in March of 2007 but she didnt change her name til this year. You have so many people behind you that love you and we all believe in you. I am wearing my Livestrong bracelet for you! keep fighting and your doing great!

Love,
Melissa Summers

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
thats so cool how you got that water polo ball. you deserved that ball after what you have been through. I have been thinking of you everyday and can't wait 'til you return to core so that you can make everyone smile.
Do you remember when you use to opera sing happy birthday in Mr. Chapels 4th grade class. those were such fun times.
Core is still pretty boring with Mrs. Brown talking and talking and talking. lol. That lady can go on forever.lol. Today everyone one was stressing out over getting books approved for independent reading. We also had a hecka easy test on homophone thingys. Anyways, we miss having you in core. Your an awesome person and can't wait to have you back.
Jacqueline Summers :P

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine!
This is Anna from Mrs. Schlicter's class and I just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my prayers. You're very strong and smart and I know you can beat this! I miss you and can't wait to see you again.

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine,

I have been following your progress daily and I am in awe and so inspired by you. You are an amazing and very unique young lady.

You are the first person I think of when I wake, and the last person I think of before I sleep. I have put you on a lot of prayer lists, just as others have. You have so many people who love you deeply. You have obviously touched a lot of people at such a young age. Korrine, keep smiling and live strong.

With love, Hank, Lori and Sierra

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's Anna Morris's sister,
We are saying prayers for you. I'm so so so so so so so sorry that you are sick. I wish that I could help you fight this. Anna keep talk about howw she misses you.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Korrine,
I am one of the participants in Dana's Water Exercise class. She always talks about you with such love and pride so I was shocked when I heard about the challenges that you are facing and at such a young and important time in your life. I want to let you know that your strength is an inspiration to us all and please know that you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.
All the best
Carol Vander Meulen

Dana- I can just imagine how heartsick you have been with these struggles please know that if you or you family need anything please call.

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

You don't know me but I have known your family since I was very small. Ask Mark Croghan or Trevor Croghan about me if you get the chance, you may hear some stories :D.

Anyway, I am praying for you and I know a lot of other people are as well. So the best thing you can do right now is have faith in that God will take good care of you. We all love you! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Korrine!
I went to a womens bible group today and we are studying Daniel with Beth Moore!
I have never participated in a Bible group before. Isn't it something that I am in one at this point in time.
I kept comparing everything to you. You are fighting the Babylon!
The message was: "everything can be affected by prayer" As you can see all this praying and your faith is helping you along.I pray for your body to take in all the nutrients to make you strong! I pray that you will keep the faith and we will continue to have you in our thoughts while you go through this trying period. You and your family were in my prayer requests today at bible study.
We love you so much!
Trish, Adam and Jeff.

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine,
My family and I are praying for you to get well! I miss you and can't wait to see you again.

taralovescows said...

Hey Korrrine,
You don't know me, but I had Trevor Croghan as my teacher in 6th grade. Our entire Leadership class is keeping you in their prayers. I hope you're feeling stronger. You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine!
My family and I are saying prayers for you and following your progress. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine its Audrey again! I dont know if you got my message to you on wednesday but i just wanted to let you know that i cant stop thinking about you! How are you doing? I hope that adorable smile is still painted on your face! I hope all is well! And i know that your head is held high because if not i will hold mine way up there for ya! LOL! Well anyway! Hope to hear your doing well! XOXO!

Love,
Audrey

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

I forgot to mention this in my last message. When we came back to school this past Monday after winter break, I had calls asking for your blogsite!

Now of course, I already know how amazing and how loved your family is... but to get these calls at Canyon, from people who heard about what you are going through and wanted to be able to reach your family. It was truly wonderful and I felt honored to share the blogsite info so that they could reach you.

I've read that today is a tough day for you. My brother gets chemo too and I talked to him the other day... and he was having one of those days too. I hope you are getting some rest and pray that tomorrow will be better.

hugs and love, kathy t.

Hailey McDonald said...

Hey Korrine!
I was so surprised and upset to find out you had cancer. thats was the last news I would ever expect to hear. I just want to let you know that every one loves and misses you. I have been praying for you every night since i heard the news. I even had my church pray for you too.Eveyone is suporting you and cant wait to see you all better and healthy. I was really glad to see that you where smiling and keeping your head up. Stay strong.
<3
cant wait to see you at promotion. :D
God bless you!
love, Hailey

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine.

I'm sure you don't remember me, but I remember you visiting your dad a school a couple of times when you were little. I was a student of his, and my mom is a fellow Castro Valley teacher.

We are praying for you. Your cheerful outlook and happy smile will help you.

Kelsey Dickenson

(and Becky Lockwood and family)

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
Just wanted to let you know everyone from the pool has been asking about you and can't wait to see you up and better! We miss you!
Praying for you and Loving you,
Everyone at the pool

Anne said...

Hi Korrine!

I am thinking about you every day and checking your blog like CRAZY!
I am so proud of you. Not too many kids have the maturity and attitude to fight like you are fighting and to keep the positive attitude that you are keeping.
I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anne Harter

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine
I work with your dad and uncle at Canyon. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about you and your family! I have really enjoyed coming to your site and getting to know you.
Be Strong and hang in there :-)
Love & Hugs
Traci Cross

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine,

We are thinking of you.
Period 1/2


Hey midget,
So, I have now grown into an elf. :) Dont worry, you;ll be promoted soon, too. I can't wait to see you!
I love you and miss you,
katie.




Hey girl hey!
I really hope you feel better soon, I really don't know what to say but I really hope you take this to consideration...get BETTER!!!:) I send you lots of love and wish the most best things for you...love ya
with lots if love...Jennifer

heyy girly! i miss you like crazy and cant wait to see your smiling face again! core class isnt the same without youu! ad ody is right next to me and he says hi too :] love you lotss! ~megan

Hey Korrine! I miss you soooooooo much and can't wait till you get better. I miss talking to you during core and I miss your smile. Keep smiling and being strong.Let me know when I can come visit you!! Luv ya lots! McKenna <3

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
My family and I are thinking and praying for you daily. We really miss your smiling face at Mendenhall. Stay strong!
Mrs. Martin

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
We are wishing you well. Mrs. Brown's 3/4 class.

Hey, this is Anja. How have you been? I can't wait to see you at promotion! Ps. Your Candy cane shoes are amazing,lol. See you later. love Anja

Hey korrine this is cassidy whitlach. i dont know if you remember me but i know you from i think 6th grade. I hope that you're feeling much beter and that you can get through this with flying colors. i know you can. we love you.

We all hope you will get better soon because we all miss you.

Hey Korrine this is Jori Atchinson. We miss you so much at lunch and spanish. You are in my prayers!

Hey Korrine, this is Sarah de Bord. I miss you and your smiling face so much in Spanish and at lunch.

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
Our bible study is praying for you and your family here in L.A.
"But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, for You have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my strength, I will sing praises to You; for God is my stronghold, the God who shows me lovingkindness."
-Psalm 59:16-17
Our God who loves you will never leave you :-)
Holly from Bel Air Pres

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
Our thoughts are with you during all of this. You have brightened our day just to see your smile in these photos, just as it has always done when we see you walking across with your mom at school. Your great attitude and faith will get you through.

Lonnie, Kim, Logan and Kaylee Brist

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

The Stoneridge Water Polo Club sends our love, prayers and support to you. We are going to miss seeing you this Sunday at the tournament when we play your team. Get well and back to the pool soon.

Love always,

Coach Randy and the Stoneridge Water Polo Club

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine,
This is Mrs. Brown's period 5/6 class. We are thinking about you and hope for your speedy recovery.

Hi Korrine! This is Audrey.
Everyone misses you so much and are hoping you can get better soon. At our church our entire youth group is praying for you. We all luv you!!

Hi Korrine!
My name's Matthew P., and I go to your school. I've barely met you, but I could already tell that you were a kind, happy girl. You are in the prayers of me, my family, and our whole school. I know in my heart that you will make it through this.

Hey Korrine!
This is Ariana G.. I totally miss you! Life's not the same without you being here to tell us about the positive things in life. Nothing really amazing has happened, everyones the same. Call me if you ever need anyone to talk to or if your just plain bored. -Ariana

Hola, Korrine! This would be Krista just telling you that you're uber amazing and I hope to see you again in summer on the swim team, but if u can't then that's fine. I'll see you at Granada and maybe I'll finally learn how to play water polo properly.hehe -Krista

hey Korrine! This is Cassi and I just wanted to tell you that we miss you so much! We are going to have so much fun when you get back! I have to tell you, I still suck at water polo. -Cassi

Hi korrine~ it's Lauren, we sat next to each other last year in P.E. Sunset is seriously going to suck without you, though i hope that you will back by the time that the season starts. Love ya tons
~Lauren
P.S. Get Well Soon

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

I just received notice of your blog from Janie. I don't know if you remember me but I was your Principal at Mocho. I sent this also to Mr. Chappell. I now live up in the foothills in Calaveras County. I know you will do well because you are such a strong person with a wonderful family to support you. You and your family are in my prayers. Best wishes Mr. Hazelhofer

Marilyn said...

Hi Korrine,

Just wanted to say I am praying for you. I heard of you through a friend's blog.

You're beautiful with God's beauty, beautiful inside and out!
God be with you.
Luke 1:27 The Message

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
You do not know me, I was lucky enough to swim for your dad and grandpa. I just wanted you all to know you are in my families thoughts. Stay strong.
Love
Laura Tse(Fuller)

Anonymous said...

Hey girly! Hows it going i have sent you three messages now i think it was! Well anyway i am glad to hear that today was a better day for you! i know that you are going to be resting at home and i hope that works out better for you! I know that sharing a room with someone can be rather noisy! So i hope all is well and you are feeling better! i know that you will have fully recovered soon enough! Hope to hear that you are doing as well as you are doing today! I love being able to come on this blog thinking about you and see your smiling face. And all i have been doing is thinking about you! I will never lose faith in you! You are an inspiration! Stay strong!
Love Always,
Audrey Walke

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Period 6 math class just isn't quite right with you not here. We miss you dearly. Your bright smile and cheerful attitude just made the end of my day a little brighter. You are strong and will persevere through this. Keep positive. For I know that you will accomplish great things... the next one being cancer.

My rayers are with you each day,
Mrs. Schlichter

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

We are so glad to hear that you feel much better today. This news made us so happy for you and your family! We still remember your big smile and cheers for Thunderbirds, your brother’s soccer team. Our family visit your blogger everyday hear what your strong spirit tells about. We want to thank you for your inspiration for life, friendship and family. Our whole family, even Kevin’s little sister, Allison (used to wear a cute hat, remember her?), think of you and your family and pray for the strength in fighting and belief in cure everyday.

Woojin, Michelle, Kevin & Allison Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine, We can't wait to see you back at school. Your such a great person with such a big smile and school seems dull without you. You're in all of our prayers and we are all wishing you a fast recovery, so stay strong and hurry back.
-Erik

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet girl -

I bet it feels so great to be home and sleeping in your own bed! I bet your kitties really missed you :) I hope you enjoy your family movie night tonight and that you can rest and wake up tomorrow feeling even stronger.

You are a very strong and courageous young woman and an amazing testament to God.

You are my hero!
Cristi

PS I will not take off my LIVESTRONG bracelet (not even to sleep or shower) until you are cancer free!

Anonymous said...

hey korrine
I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I know you're going to get through this and my mom dad josh and I keep you in our prayers.
Hope to see you at waterpolo soon again.

Anonymous said...

HEY KORRINE!
NOW SINCE i KNOW YOU HAVE THIS BLOG, i AM GOING TO WRITE TO YOU EVERYDAY WHENEVER POSSIBLE. WHEN I FRIRST LOGED ON TO YOUR BLOG i WAS VERY HAPPY TO SEE THE SMILING PICTURES OF YOU- it was surprising that i actually cried when I saw the first few pictures. WELL, BACK IN MENDENHALL THINGS ARE NOT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU. I MEAN, THINGS ARE STILL THE SAME BUT THERE'S ALWAYS THAT ONE EMPTY CHAIR THAT'S ONE SEAT AWAY FROM ME THAT FEELS SO EMPTY. jUST TO LET YOU KNOW, WE TURNED IN OUR NANOWRIMO TODAY:) I'M REALLY HOPEING THAT YOU GET BETTER SO LIVESTRONG. I WISH YOU GODSPEED AND I GIVE YOU ALL MY LOVE. AND REMEMBER...GET BETTER!:]
YOURS TRUELY,
Jennifer G.

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine!
I just want you to know, we're all pulling for you! I have met few people that have such an aura of radiance, happiness, and wonderment as you.
Can't wait to see you at the pool again!

Kamran

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
Hello. I just wanted you to know that we at Mendenhall (especially in PE) miss you and your happiness. I have been teaching a long long time and you are one of my all-time favorite students. Mrs. Johnson was lucky to get you as a student this year. She is always talking about how nice it is to have you for a student - I just tell yea, I know. You and your family are in my and my family's prayers everyday. In Mendenhall PE we look forward to having you and your smile back out there with us. We hope that you enjoy the gift that Ms. Johnson is sending you from us. You can wear it with pride as you were well on your way to completing the requirement to earn it.
Mr. Wooten and family

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine and Family,
You don't know me. I heard about what you are going through from a friend of a friend. I wanted to let you know there are many out here in Discovery Bay praying for complete healing, strength, and peace for you all. We'll continue to do so and pass on prayer requests for you to our prayer groups. God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

You are so incredibly beautiful and inspiring! From the time I met you, picking Sean up from his first grade classroom, I've thought you are the sweetest, most genuine soul I've ever met. Even from your hospital bed, the glory in your smile makes me smile. And your mother, isn't she amazing as well! We don't know God's plans, but look to him for strength, love and direction. He's there for you and so are all of your friends and family, which by the way, it seems as if you are well covered in that area! We are all praying for you and hoping that we can bring to you at least a fraction of what you give to us.
Wendy Campbell (Jason's Mom) and family

Anonymous said...

Korinne-
I've tried to get a note posted on the blog sight, but I'm writing from work without Cassidy's help and can't seem to make it work. If it did work, this is the third time you've read about the same thing from me! I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you everyday! Your fight hits home for me having a daughter your age. I really had a good time at the snow retreat getting to know you better (while giving you a bad time in the process). Hats off to the person/person's working on your blog sight! How awesome it must be for you and your family to read the letters of inspiration and love from the folks your lives have touched! God is Great! It is an inspiration for me and my family to check out the sight each day!
Please let your Dad know that guacamole tastes even better with a bag of tortilla chips!
We look forward to watching you win this battle! (And wapping you upside the head at next years snow retreat)

Glenn Sherman

Anonymous said...

Korrine:

You will always be able to look back on this and be able to use your optimistic attitude in evrey challenge you are faced with. We will be able to use your example to conquer our fears. Thanks for your gift.
I'm wearing my LIVESTRONG bracelet everyday!
Love, Trish, Jeff and Adam

Anonymous said...

hay korrine i used to see u around school and im an 8th grader and i didnt really know you all that well but i would just see u walking around school even though i dont know u i want to become to know u u sound like a very strong girl and i would like to say that u r in my prayers and i believe that u can overcome this ! u r awsome! ur in my prayers i have faith in u !

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine, Just wanted you to know you are in our prayers. You are one of God's children. I believe God can and will heal you. Your a shining example, here to show the rest of us how to be faithful, strong , courageous, and not run when facing one of lifes many challenges. I love the way you "LIVESTRONG", that's awesome. You have our support and love. Stay strong girl! Love Rod, Shellee, Ginger, Brandon, Colton, Bucky, and Rocky Clore

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
I got your blog from a friend who knows you. This blog is amazing, just reading what others have posted about you let's those of us who don't know you see a small slice of what a shining "star" you are! Your smile is infectious and what you are going through has touched so many people-even those of us who don't know you personally-like me!
I am praying for you and have forwarded your blog to others who will pray as well. From all the support & love that is surrounding you, I'd say you are one SPECIAL young lady. I praise God for the loving family & friends you have that will help you through this. It is clear that God has great plans for you! I pray you are able to get rest, able to eat, & that your body stays strong to fight. Keep that beautiful smile shining for all of us to see. Celia, from Hayward

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine!
You don't know me but I work with your Uncle Mark at Canyon Middle. My daughter, Christine, had your dad last year for history. She said he was the best teacher she ever had! We have been following your progress everyday on your blog. It is amazing! You are so blessed to have such a supportive group of people who love you! Even though we have never met, it seems as though we know you through all of the incredible pictures and messages on your blog. You're a strong girl, hang in there, we're all behind you!
Love,
Denise, Pete, Christine and Stephen

Shellee Clore said...

Korrine it's Brandon,
Good news!
Our school is starting a fundraiser for you. We are trying to send you a card every single day. We have posters all over the school saying thigs like "Don't forget about Korrine" and "Cards for Korrine" and stuff like that. My mom went to the school and took pictures of them for you. It's really awesome! The girl that comes in our first period class and gives us the annoncments told us about your fundraiser. Then my teacher Mr. Santero had a huge discussion about you and said that you were one of his best students ever. You always have a smile on your face and you give it your 110% best and any one that knows you doesn't have one bad remark or commant to say. He wants to make the woodshop kids build you something. I gave him the idea that we could put live strong or something on it. Well I wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers and I only wish that you get better!

With love and respect,
Brandon Clore

Anonymous said...

hi korrine! its marla. i wanted to let you know that i am praying for you everyday and hope that you get better. We all miss you at school and want you back. just keep fighting and i know you will get better! <333

Linda Klinke-Bailey said...

Hi Korrine,

I tried to post this earlier, but I don't know if it went through. This blog thing is all new to me! So forgive me if this is a repeat...

I knew your mom and dad when they were just dating. Your dad was my swim coach in high school and your mom was always around giving us her support and giving us massages before our most important swims. Your dad was a great inspiration to me. He always made me laugh and did his best to get all of us to pay attention and work hard. Most of all he was just a great guy with a lot of spirit. Form what I've heard about you, it seems that you have his same spirit and your mother's kind soul. I still see your mom and dad sometimes around Livermore. They talk about you often, and I know how much they love you and respect you. From what I've read on this blog, it seems as though you have touched many lives at a very young age. I can see why your parents are so proud of you. My best thoughts and wishes are with you and your family. Keep up your strong Croghan spirit.

Love, Linda Bailey (Klinke)

Anonymous said...

korrine:

Just checking in on this beautiful sunny Saturday.
You have an incredible life ahead of you-and you will be one wise young lady because of these challenges.
keep living strong!

Trish, Adam and Jeff

Anonymous said...

Korrine! i am so happy that you are feeling so much better! I love hearing of your progress! I hope all is well! I cant wait to hear how tomorrow goes for you! It seems like progressively over time you seem to be feeling better every day! You are just a big bundle of joy! I hope that smile is still painted across your face! It better be, because you seem to be doing well! I sure am happy for you! XOXO! I hope to hear that you are doing as well tomorrow!

LIVESTRONG,
Audrey W.

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine, I was wondering if i could bring you a Jamba Juice sometime.... My treat, send me an email (middlecamp@hotmail.com) , or give me a call (925-518-3566).

- Brandon

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,
I'm so glad to hear that you had a good day! We think about you everyday and I pray for you every night. Your strength, courage, and the fact that you continue to smile through all of this is such an inspiration. Stay STRONG and gain strength in knowing that there are so many people pulling for you. Can't wait to see your smiling face around Smith.
Hugs to you and your family,
Carrie, Scott, Trevor & Evan Moreau

Anonymous said...

HEY KORRINE!
I'M REALLY HAPPY THAT YOU'RE FEELING BETTER!WELL TODAY, IT WAS THE SAME BUT I COULD TELL YOU THAT I STARTED JRP CLASES!...:)ANOTHER THING I COULD TELL YOU IS THAT THERE'S A KINDA TEA THAT CAN MAKE YOU FEEL A WHOLE LOT BETTER! IT THIS STUFF CALLED GINSENG...TO MAKE IT, YOU CAN BUY GINSENG ROOTS AT A SUPERMARKET AND CRUSH THEM WITH A GARLIC CRUSHER. THEN MAKE SURE TO BOIL IT WITH HOT WATER AND LASTLY, ADD BROWN SUGAR...IT TASTE GREAT:)ANOTHER WAY IS JUST TO DRINK IT WITH A GINSENG TEA BAG, MAKE SURE THE WATER YOU PUT IT IN IS HOT!TO LET YOU KNOW,THIS GENSENG STUFF IN FACT GIVES YOU MORE ENERGY, MAKES MORE FLUIDS IN YOUR BODY, AND MAKES YOUR BODY AND ESPECIALLY STOMACH FEEL BETTER (IT FOUND IN SEVERAL ASIAN MEDICINES)....WELL, I GIVE YOU ALL MY LOVE AND WISH YOU GODSPEED. AND REMEMBER,...GET BETTER!:)
P.S. my mom is suggesting for me to send you some ginseng tea for you to try it out! we can drop it at your door if you want,just respond back:)

with lots of love,
jennifer g.:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine!
I hope you feel better soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

God loves you and you are here for a reason, let everything fall into his hands. you are doing good.
LOVE (lift our voices 2 Emanual)
LAUGH
SING
BE HAPPY
nothing is a greater medication.

Kathy Scarbrough said...

Hello Korrine,
I have been checking your website daily and I am thrilled that you are enjoying this glorious sunny day with your family. Eating is a good thing, too! I continue to pray for you daily. You must be feeling the love and prayers of everyone!
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough

Kathy Scarbrough said...

Hello Korrine,
I have been checking your website daily and I am thrilled that you are enjoying this glorious sunny day with your family. Eating is a good thing, too! I continue to pray for you daily. You must be feeling the love and prayers of everyone!
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine. This is Taylor from your spanish class. I recently found out about your cancer and i hope you get better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better today. You have grown up so much since Arroyo Mocho. Continue to get better. My thoughts, prayers and love are with you and your family.

Love,

Mrs. Carroll and Family

Anonymous said...

Korrine
so good to hear that you are at home & feeling better!!!!
We're living strong & praying hard for you sweet strong smiley girl. Sammi says Hi
Love Maxine & Sammi Hammons & Family

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine~ i hope your doing well i havent seen any update on how you are doing today! Well, hope all is well! i cant wait to hear of your progress from today! Stay Strong!!!! You are my inspiration! I dont know how long i could take the same kind of pain and missery that yo have had to go through! I dont think i would have lasted half as long as you have! Love always! Keep Livin' Strong!!!!!!!!

Love audrey w.

Gini Wright said...

Hi Korrine,
My son and daughter are Smith students (My son Tanner was in K the same time as Sean and my daughter, Madison is in the 1st grade with Scarbrough). I would see you each day for the last few years walking over from Mendenhall to wait for your brother, and think to myself, what an incredible smile you have. As I look at your blog I see that you are truly a genuine, happy girl with a smile that can light up the world. How comforted you must be with such an awesome support group. I wanted to let you know that we check your website daily for updates and have passed the site along to family and friends to continue the prayers. The amount of prayers being said in your honor and all the people who have signed your blog is an amazing testimony to the girl you are and the life you live. We will continue to wear our LIVESTRONG wrist bands in your honor until you are well.
Godspeed...Gini Wright and Family

debrabrumbaugh said...

Dear Korrine, Dana, Matt and Sean,
Korrine, I've had just one chance to have met you (and your mom and brother) ... it was at a Super Bowl Party a few years back at your Uncle's house. I'm married to your cousin Kyle Brumbaugh so I guess we're "cousins-by-marriage". :) I just wanted to tell you I think of you everyday and am so wowed by you and your family. I'm a breast cancer survivor and know how fast all of this can come up on you (I was diagnosed at Christmas time too)... kind of knocks the wind right out of your sails! But, when the wind gets knocked out of ones sails, it's time to either sink or swim ... no question that you chose swimming!! :) Kind of in your blood, no? I just want you to know ... from one cancer SURVIVOR to another ... you're in my thoughts and prayers always. I've told everyone I know that kept me in their prayers 4 years ago, to use their great praying power for you now. I know it will work. Know that the Brumbaugh's will continue to LIVE STRONG every day for you. MacKenzie (our 9 year old daughter) donated her hair to Locks of Love recently and Kyle's had his head shaved for a few years now so we're doing all we can to keep the word out there. Hang in there, Korrine ... we're all pulling for you!
Love and peace,
Debra Brumbaugh

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine!!!
I don't know if you remember me from RLCC (I usually worked at May Nissen) but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you and your family every day.

It was always great to see you around the pool over the summer, and I'm looking forward to seeing you around more this summer! I was always excited when you'd pop into the office and liven the place up and brighten everyone's day. Your maturity, honest kindess and friendly nature never failed to impress me and it was always so easy to see what a great person you are.

The amazing level of love and support that I've just seen on your blog shows how many lives you've touched. You really are an inspiration, girl.

TONS OF LOVE, shannon david

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

My name is Juan Flores, I work with your Dad and Uncle Mark. From what your Uncle and Dad have told me in the past you are an extraordinary "young lady". I want you to know that my wife, son and daughter (who is your age) are praying for you and your family. We are also sending thoughts of strength and courage as you battle,overcome and recover.

Love, The Flores Family

Anonymous said...

Hello Korrine:

Took a beautiful morning walk today and thought about you often.
As zany as this sounds there is a reason for all of this...this is what surfaced for me as I was walking: You are being used as a vehicle for God. A vehicle to bring family together, to encourage people to live optimistically everyday, to stop sweating the small stuff in life, to trust that people will always come forward in times of our personal needs no matter what they are. That is an extroridianry assignment God gave you.I am hoping most people will see it this way incluidng you.Not the most pleasant conditions to be in to be a teacher-but how can any thing be so powerful as this journey of yours to teach mankind?
Thanks for your lessons.
Trish, jeff and Adam brissey

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine,
I hope you're having a good day today and that you can feel my good wishes flying in your window and landing on your shoulder! I've heard about you from Shannon David and Sharon Grant and even though I haven't met you, I know that you must be an especially strong and charming young woman to inspire such kind comments from so many people. When you're having a bad time, remember all those thoughts and prayers flying your way. Picture them flying in your window and settling all around you like beautiful white doves. They'll be resting on your bed and blanket, and on your shoulders and hands. They've been flying throughout the world ever since you and your family first sent them out to touch someone else! Now they're coming back to bring you the strength and love you need to get better. We're with you every day, sweetheart! Live strong,
Barbara David

Anonymous said...

Hey Korrine,
This is mikki from swimteam. I hope you feel better and i am definatly praying for you. I love you with all my heart. Stay strong as always. U are always a good person and always full of smiles.
I LOVE YOU!
Mikki Glover

Sue said...

Hi Korrine!

So glad to hear that you're home and feeling better. I've sure seen a lot of Livestong bracelets around and when I ask people about them... guess what?? You guessed it, CutiePie, they are for YOU! I check on your site every day and am sending my love and prayers. Keep getting stronger!!

Hugs~
Sue Bakalar

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feelin better Korrine, and I can't wait to see you again!!!

I miss u in Science, there's always one more empty seat!!!! T.T

Remember to stay sweet, and I think of you lots!!! =D

[PS: Nice yearbook pic. =D You're also in the endsheets, like the collage at the back of the book...I should know, I did them =D]

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 418   Newer› Newest»