Korrine has spent more time in the hospital these past 6 months than out. Today Korrine has been in a hospital bed for 2 months.
Matt and I take turns sitting by korrine's bedside 24/7. We take turns in order to care for Sean and make sure his life is good and remains as normal as possible and to make sure Korrine gets the best care possible and to spend as much time with her as we can.
We talk with multiple and a variety of Doctors on any given day throughout the day and night. We have sit down conferences with Doctors and Health Care Proffessionals involved in Korrine's care. We advocate for the best possible care for Korrine. We work with the nurses to make sure she is getting the correct medicine's at the correct times and that they will all work well with one another as she is getting alot of medicine. We make sure she gets the appropriate care as needed. We make sure to keep a journal of everything that goes on in a day so when asked we have all the valuable information written down. We monitor Korrine and let the Doctors and Nurses know of any changes or reaction's to medicines and negative side affects that occur and we advocate to have medication's re-evaluated and/or removed. We try to comfort Korrine thru her un-controllable nausea, pain and discomfort. We clean up after her throwing up and incontinents. We make sure to call the nurses if their are problems with I.V. fluids and I.V. pumps beeping etc. We try to help her to eat and drink none of which she can do at this time. We bathe her and put lotion on her skin as to protect her from bed sores and to keep her clean and comfortable. (Matt and I have tremendous respect for all our Doctors and Nurses and we love the way we all work together to insure Korrine get's the best possible care). We talk with her, watch movies with her, and try to keep her alert and connected without becoming terribly bored. We make sure to go with her to her many C.T. Scans, Ultra Sounds and various procedures. Did I mention lack of sleep for everyone while in the hospital? This is just a few of the things we do for Korrine while at the hospital and we would not have it any other way.
Korrine has never complained. Ask any one of her Doctors or Nurses and they will tell you that Korrine has endured much and has never complained. In fact when asked by a Doctor how she feels about everything that has happened to her she said "I'm sad that all this has happened". She even apologizes to us saying she is sorry for what has happened to our family because of this cancer. Can you believe that? When asked if she was depressed she told the Doctors "No" When asked what depression meant she paused and thought about it and then said "Depression is when you let your sadness take over you and I'm not going to let that happen. I choose to stay positive". This should be a life lesson for all of us.
Cancer may temporarily take away what is external but it can never take away the beauty inside all of us and isn't that what matters most? Compassion, Caring for Others, The Power of Prayer and the Support of Family, Friends, Community and above all else to Love one another each and every day because we don't know how many days we have. Korrine once asked me if this cancer was going to shorten her life. I told her that we are not going to go any sooner or later than what God has already planned for us. Nothing can change His timing.
Stay Positive and LiveSTRONG
Dana and Matt Croghan
"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Smile
Cancer stripped her of everything including her life but it could not steal away God's LOVE, PEACE and the JOY that radiated through her. Korrine never stopped SMILING!
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Note From Korrine (written after her 4th round of Chemo)...
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Sunday, June 15, 2008
What's it like to be at Korrine's bedside 24/7?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
57 comments:
Dana, your post was posted at 1:39 pm, that's funny because the truth you shared with Korrine comes from the psalm with that same number: Psalm 139. It says in verse 16that "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Knowing that truth has really helped me in my battle, and I'm so glad that you and Korrine can rest in that same truth. Korrine is a very young woman but oh so wise!
"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." - Psalm 90:12
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? -Matthew 6:27
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tommorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
-Matthew 6:34
Praying for you today Dana! Thanks for sharing an intimate, very real view of what your family's life is like right now. I uphold you in prayer and love!
Lorri
Dear Croghan Family,
Thank you so much for sharing your story, it sure brought back memories of me sitting by my son's bedside, not as long as you have been doing it, but the feelings are the same, the dealing with doctors and being there for your child, the feeling of being unsure what the future holds, but then a friend told me that no-one's future is a for sure thing, that held me up, I think the key is to enjoy the fact that you are spending time together, keep your faith strong and laugh, it truly is the best medicine.
It never hurts to get a little nutty :o)
Annet Hammond
Wow. Korrine's perspectives on life are so beautiful and so wise. She's an amazing person for how she's dealt with this and how she's influenced our community. Your family is so strong and loved by so many. Thanks for sharing this with us.
With much love,
Ana Rosa
Dana and Matt,
I often think back on that day in December when your family's life changed forever. At that time, I'm sure you started to prepare yourselves for all the doctor's visits and tests... but still in no way had any idea of what experts you would become regarding lab tests, chemo treatments, other medications, and so much more.
As we often hear, "it takes a village to raise a child"... it also takes that to heal one. The medical experts could not do it all without your help! You offer them the insight from what you see each day in Korrine's eyes and the movements of her body. You have 14+ years of experience of knowing her. They rely on various lab and test results. It is the combination of it ALL that will help to heal her. It is the combination of it ALL... that fills Korrine with her warrior spirit!
We LIVESTRONG and STAY POSITIVE to HONOR you ALL... Korrine, Sean, Dana and Matt!
hugs and love, kathy t.
Dana and Matt,
Thank you for sharing a slice of your daily life with Korrine. It sounds scary, exhausting, frustrating, and yet beautiful. You are so strong and positive. I am sure that Korrine knows how lucky she is to have such great parents. You are doing what all parents hope to never have to do, but if faced with it, we pray that we can do it like you are. With courage and strength. You are taking such great care of your little girl!
Korrine,
You are so amazing to never complain and to chose to be so positive! Most people complain over so much less. Thank you for reminding me and all of us that staying positive is so important. You continue to inspire so many and your parents are so wonderful. I pray for you everyday and I hope that you will soon be cancer free.
Love,
Cindy Vance
You are ALL an amazing family...each and every one of you. You have given an incredible amount to our community. Those of us who have been in either similar situations or are just looking from afar, take all that you are doing and have done in....you are a perfect example of unconditional love. That in itself is an inspiration. We will continue to pray, knowing that this is what is best...also knowing God Listens!
God Bless you for being the wonderful parents you are...to both Sean and Korrine.
Fondly,
The Linney family
I am praying for your daughter.. Love, Laura
I can only hear the love of parents in your description. You have been so blessed with a strong daughter and a strong family and an even stronger God. We will stay on our knees as you stay at Korrine's bedside, all working for the same goal...complete healing.
Thank you for sharing with us.
The Bauer Family
ps...Korrine, Paige said that she was at your graduation and it was absolutely amazing the ovation you got...she said it gave her chills and brought tears to her eyes. We are so proud of you!! We were thrilled to hear you were able to watch it on the web.
Hi Croghan Family,
Happy Father's day. We appreciate your intimate description of a day in the life of KC and Company. I agree with Lorri in that your description so matches Psalm 139, one of my favorite scriptures. He hems us in from front and behind. He has us covered. Korrine, as you see your parents are really trying to cover you in front and behind. Happy Father's day. I love all of you and thank God for you. Korrine, I'm so excited to celebrate with you and to finally meet you at your victory party. We love you, from our family to yours- The Esmeyers
Dear Croghan family - thank you so much for sharing this story. Your strength and positive outlook is so inspiring. Korrine, I am thinking of you every day, you are such a strong and amazing person.
My prayers continue for Korrine and your entire family..May you feel the arms of angels holding you close as God watches over you!!! Sandra Guyer Tampa,FL.
This was simply beautiful, and touching, and true, and insightful, and heartwarming, and inspiring, and courageous, and hopeful, and the list could continue. Thank you for all you shared, for giving all of us a glimpse into your world right now. Korrine, you are amazingly strong with the strength the Lord fills you with, and so are your parents, and your brother also. It does change the whole family, and all of you are pulling together to get through one of the the very toughest of life's battles. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. One day this earth will pass away, and with it all the heartache, pain, and suffering. God's eternal plan is filled with the Hope we all need to make it through this life. You definitely have that eternal focus, and are sharing it with so many! Thank you for your faithfulness to Him!
Diane Shore
I think Korrine is a perfect example that we are so much more than our physical bodies. Her body might be sick right now, but her soul and spirit are stronger than ever..and as her mom said "that is what really matters."
Dear Croghan Family,
Thank you for sharing your daily walk with us. As I read about your courage and faith all I can feel is love. We can all learn so much just by watching you deal with these challenges with grace, heart and unconditional love.
Love, hugs and prayers,
Sue Bakalar
Good morning Croghans......
Just got the update on your recent update, I am so amazed at the strenght God has given all of you, I am sure God has strenghtened you in more ways than you ever knew possible! I have this sence if peace because I know God is with you ALL in this time of suffering, and growing in HIS WORD.
I do think about you all often and I wonder how people could go through all of this withou God in their lives! What a Gift He is!
We love you all!
If any of you need anything at all please don't hesitate to call!
p.s. Corrine you have taught me so much about how God has made you so strong in this short time on earth that all of us BELIEVERS have, that I am sure you don't even realize the impact that you have made on all of us and hopefully everyone we comes in contact with this blog.
Love, Elizabeth, Toe and Len
Mr. and Mrs. Croghan-
You two are such an inspiration to our community in whole. I could have never imagined how much each one of you put into caring for Korrine, checking her meds, helping and alerting nurses, and keeping her entertained. You most importantly help her stay comfortable through thick and thin. Im sure sitting there knowing your daughter is in terrible pain cant be easy, especially knowing that there is nothing you can do to help her except love and continue to care for her! I admire your incredible strength.
Love always,
Audrey Walke
Hi Korrine...
You are one day closer to healing!
Love, Lorri
Korrine,
We all love you! Keep fighting and staying postive.
The Campbell's
Hi Korrine!
I wanted you to know that all your nurses at UCSF think about you and miss you! I hope you are feeling okay. Hi to Matt and Dana, hope you are doing okay too. Take care all.
Love, Robyn (7Long RN).
Dear Croghan Family,
You are truly an inspiration to each of us, especially Korrine. I believe this came from the American Cancer Society:
What Cancer Cannot Do -
It cannot Cripple Love
It cannot Shatter Hope
It cannot Corrode Faith
It cannot Destroy Peace
It cannot Kill Friendship
It cannot Suppress Memories
It cannot Silence Courage
It cannot Invade the Soul
It cannot Steal Eternal Life
It cannot Conquer the Spirit
God bless you Korrine! You have an amazing attitude and are an example to all of us. Stay Strong. We are praying for you and your family always.
Love,
The Laytons
We can't even imagine your life, Matt & Dana, and wish there was more that could be done for you. We wish that we could just take this all away from you, as of all the people that we know, you are the ones that have always exemplified family. Even Superman had kryptonite, so it's okay to feel overwhelmed and exhausted. Just know that all of this community is behind you. It's amazing to us when we read the posts that you have touched so many people, even from other states. We hope that Korrine is feeling better soon and will be able to eat and drink. Remember, any one of your friends will help you at any time, just ask.
Stu & Cindy Gary
I can tell you as a family member that your love, prayers, support and encouragement have and is helping Matt, Dana, Korrine & Sean to endure all that they are enduring! These are priceless gifts!
We love you and thank you!
Denise Croghan the whole Croghan Family
Once again thank you for letting us be honest and vulnerable. This is the hardest thing to watch and go thru for our entire family. You encourage us everday to keep on fighting when we are tired and scared. Knowing that all of this is working together for good.
We know you are praying, supporting and caring for us and that is what helps us to get by everday. We feel your love and support and I see miracles happening every day in Korrine's daily life and so do the Doctors and Nurses. It truly is amazing. You help our family to LiveSTRONG.
Korrine received your donated platelets and blood today. Thank you for giving her life blood.
Love For Eternity,
Dana Croghan
Just wanted to say hello from UCSF and that we all think of you daily and are hoping Korrine is conquering round 6! We definitely miss Korrine's great smile and brave attitude. It's like a light went out on 7Long now that she is gone.
Let us know if you ever want us to engage the UCSF Colleges of Nursing, Medicine or Pharmacy in the hunt for blood donors!
Karen - Pharmacist
What an inspiration your whole family is! I pray that God will continue to strengthen and bless all of you.
Jean Rossman
Hello Croghans,
What a gift to share your day with us. You are an amazing family and we appreciate and love you so much. As I pray for all of you I also praise God for who you are!
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough
Dear Croghan's
Thank you for sharing a "day in the life" with us. As difficult as it is, know that you are truly an inspiration to all - as we draw strength from you, it is our hope that you are able to draw strength from all of us. Everyone attached to the blog is there for you - all you have to do is ask. We continue to pray for all of you and pay that Korrine will be well soon. You and yours are in our daily thoughts and prayers.
Love to all,
The Thornton's
Happy belated Father's Day, Matt. We think of your family and check in on you every day. I wish you all strength and complete healing for Korrine. Good luck to Sean with his baseball season!
Korrine- you are an amazing young lady. Such a wonderful role model for all of our young children. Thank you.
Linda
Korrine,
You are wise beyond your years....AMAZING, your perspectives on life are so heart warming. Your parents are incredible people who have done a wonderful job raising you. Love - The Larsens
Hi Croghan's,
Although we knew what you have been doing on a day to day basis has been challenging, I don't think we could have imagined how truly trying your days must be. Thanks for helping us understand. You give me strength to be a better parent and you remind us what unconditional love really is. Korrine, you are in our thoughts and prayers every single day.
The Muzzall Family
Korrine,
It is Monday night and I'm wearing my TEAM KC shirt and thinking and praying for you... and your family. I hope you felt better today!
hugs and love, kathy t.
Good Morning Korrine!
Here's a verse for today, maybe someone can copy it down and post it in your room where you can see it:
"Let not your heart be troubled...Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -Jesus speaking in John 14:1,27
Praying for you and remembering you today Korrine! Love, Lorri
Korrine, Sean, Dana and Matt,
Please know that we think and pray for your family 24 hours a day...
LiveSTRONG
Liz Ben Pam and James
Our prayers continue going out to your family. When we read the last up-date, it was hard to imagine what all of you have been going through. We admire you and your family.Your faith is such an example for all t follow. God bless all of you.
We love you and please know that prayers are always coming your way.
Debby and Ian
Happy Tuesday CutiePie!
I hope today finds you feeling strong and filled with love. You are in my thoughts and prayers today, as you are every day. Today is so sunny, it just reminds me of you and your bright smile and amazing strength.
LiveSTRONG, beautiful girl!
Love,
Sue Bakalar
I never leave this blog not blessed and changed in some way. Thank you, Dana for giving us all a reality check for what you are all doing in this chapter of life that God is allowing. Thank you for bringing Jack and I to a realization that the long stop light at the corner is really not that important, that the crackle crackle of our old knees on the stairs is a blessing because it means we are in our own home, having just climbed out of our warm snuggly bed, not a chair beside our sweet baby's hospital bed who is suffering so much,because our little girl is still resting comfortably in her bed, that it doesn't REALLY matter if the person in the line in front of us at the store has to count out a bajillion coins to pay for his groceries... What does matter is that God is calling us to hold up the arms of our Brother & Sister, Matt & Dana. We'll take time at the light to pray, we'll kneel & pray at the top of the stairs before we descend, we'll use the time to pray while the coin counter counts..... because God has a plan and He is calling Warriors together to use the mightiest weapons there are... prayer, faith & hope! We will not give up the fight. We are there till we see the victory.
I agree with Chief Stu... if we can help, even for a 15 minue respite, let us know... we'll be there in a heartbeat!
Much love,
Many blessings,
Continuous prayers,
Jack, Arla & Mary
Your daughter is truly amazing, and she gets it from you two. I know you are very proud of her for her strength and courage.
We continue to pray for your entire family each day.
Korrine-
You ROCK!!!!!!
You are an inspiration to me, and I pray for you every day. Your story is a lesson to all of us, especially to me, someone close to your age and an athlete, this could happen to any of us, and no matter what happens, we must always try to stay positive. You are one of the strongest athletes I have ever heard of, and even though I have never met you, I feel that your stories have taught me lessons that I will always remember, which is don't give up, no matter where you are in life. You are amazingly awesome! Keep on smiling, because your smile shimmers so bright and it is very nice!
Livestrong!!
Croghan Family-
I was taking my walk this morning and the following song came on my IPod. It made me smile and instantly think of you. I am always sending up my prayers for you.
Sunshine on My Shoulders
John Denver
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
IF I HAD A DAY THAT I COULD GIVE YOU
I'D GIVE YOU A DAY JUST LIKE TODAY
IF I HAD A SONG THAT I COULD SING FOR YOU
I'D SING A SONG TO MAKE YOU FEEL THIS WAY
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
IF I HAD A TALE THAT I COULD TELL YOU
I'D TELL A TALE SURE TO MAKE YOU SMILE
IF I HAD A WISH THAT I COULD WISH FOR YOU
I'D MAKE A WISH FOR SUNSHINE ALL THE WHILE
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
You are in my thoughts and prayers always. Wishing you strength and healing--and sunshine for many many more days to come! Keep fighting the good fight
Linda Smith
Hi Korrine,
I was thinking about you this afternoon and I hope that you're feeling a bit better today. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Let me know if you need anything...
Hugs,
Glenda Thornton
Hi Korrine,
Just wanted you and your family to know that we are thinking of you and praying for you all.
Love, The Nagy Family
Hello Croghan Family,
I know a chef who works in San Francisco and he said it was a beautiful day there today. I hope you were able to be touched and strengthened by such a beautiful day. You are never far from our thoughts, prayers and love. We are so blessed to know you. We celebrate Team KC every day and cannot wait to celebrate Korrine's complete healing with you all.
Love, janet, Kyle & Chad
While you are watching movies you should see the extended lord of the rings triligy- 20 hours... literly.or you can't go wrong with star wars, in every order from 1-6 4-61-3 and 6-1 for the heck of it. its allways good to finish of the trilligy with space balls though.
our thoughts and prayers are with you, and thinking and praying for you has become one of my and my faimlies daily rituals
we miss seeing you at polo practice, hope to see you their soon, Luke
Thank You for sharing your daily life with us. Just know we are all thinking of you. We continue to pray for Korrine and know our prayers are being heard. Thank You for sharing your family with us. You are an incredible family and have inspired us become better people in the way we live our lives.
Hi Dana and Korrine...I've had you on my heart in prayer since the middle of the night.
I hate cancer. I hate what it is doing to you body.
But we can still say that God is good, that He loves you and has not, and will not ever, forget you or leave you or forsake you. Yes, even now, you are in good hands - you are God's beloved daughters and He himself, through his Spirit, is with you.
Sending more love your way, Lorri
Hi Korrine!
Can I just ditto Lorri's post? She speaks such truth and does it so beautifully. You are His precious daughter and He is good and will never leave you. Give Him all your worries and fears and let Him take care of you.
I hope today is a good day for you. You deserve only the best. Keep believing and LiveSTRONG!!
With love,
Sue Bakalar
Korrine,
Just checking in to say hello and that I'm thinking of you (Mom, Dad and Sean too!). Hoping each day finds you a bit stronger!
hugs and love, kathy t.
Hi Croghans,
I am feeling the same way, too, like what Lorri said (above)...'been thinking about you a lot as I work, as I talk to my family, work on music, and so on an so forth. 'Funny thing happened while I was playing the piano because there is a very beautiful/kind of "daunting" piece they play before the pro-basketballs begin. I LOVE it and started thinking about you and how you are going for the big win and will take home the trophy and beat this stinkin' cancer stuff. I just needed to share this and say I love you guyz. I'm in awe with God and the peace He gives all of you, too. I hope you are staying comfortable....and Matt and Sean, it was really great to get a glimpse and say hello to you at church real quick last week! Ya'll are amazing!
Think of the warm summer days and your swimming stuff and all kind of things comin' back to you, Korrine. 'Can't wait can't wait can't wait. Stephen and Rebecca
Korrine and family,
You are never forgotten.
We may be going about our responsibilities each day, but you are being lifted up to the mighty throne of our Heavenly Father throughout the day, and we continue to ask Him to give you His strength, His healing hand, and for comfort. We can't even imagine enduring what you've endured.
We check the blog to see how you're doing hoping to hear that you are feeling better. We are so sorry that you are having to go through this and wish we could take it all away. We, too, know God is good. He is able to accomplish more than we ask or imagine and he is faithful, loving, kind, generous, and compassionate. We pray he has compassion on you and gives you comfort as you recover from your 7th round of chemo. I don't think any of us can fully imagine what you're going through.
We love you Croghan family and want to remind you that you are not forgotten, especially by God.
Love ya!
Hi Korrine...thinking of you again today (just like Jesus is!) Just wanted you to know! Love, Lorri
Matt and Dana,
your truly strong. and so is your daughter korrine. you two are managing so well with your time for korrine,time for sean, and time for yourselves. i hope this horrible thing that has happened to korrine and your family will be over soon and you all will get threw this. good luck and we will keep praying.
love always,
the botelho family.
Dear Croghan family,
I think that the love, prayers, thoughts and compassion surrounding you hand in hand (like arms across America) could circle the world a few times! I read everyone's posts every once in a while. There are some really cool people out there. I just love that!
With your strength and positive attitude and God's help, this nasty cancer will be done. You have done and will continue to do great things your whole life. Again, I am so proud of you and your incredible family!!!
Wendy Campbell
Hi Korrine,
Just checking in to see how you're doing. I agree with the other's... Lorri's post above said it perfectly! We hate cancer and we hate that it has stretched out its greedy tentacles to you. However, God is truly good, He loves you and is with you at all times. He is fighting this battle with you. Lorri’s right, the Lord will never leave or forsake you. As you draw strength from the Lord, know that TEAM KC continues to pray for you so that you can grow stronger and stronger with each passing day.
While reading some of the previous posts, you were given some really good movie suggestions. And it reminded me of a post Lorri made many, many weeks ago (that Lorri sure has a lot of good things to say and ideas!) where she suggested a daily joke – after all, laughter has been proven to be good medicine. So, along those lines, you tell us – this is your blog after all – let us know what you’d like to see. Of course, we’re going to continue with the positive thoughts, support, and prayers, but let us know if you’d like us to provide you with some silly jokes, or crazy stories - anything at all. We’re here for you in anyway that you need us.
Stay STRONG Korrine and know that you are loved.
Hugs and prayers you way,
Glenda, Richard, & Kirra
Hi Korrine!!
Just thinking about you and hoping that today is a good day for you.
Love and hugs to you all~
Sue Bakalar
Wanted to let you know you are on my mind and in my heart tonight.
Loving you!
Blessings & hugs
Arla and the fam
Good morning and Happy Friday to the entire Croghan family!
Dana, I've been reading these comments every day since you wrote this post on the 15th, not quite sure what to say. I'm so filled with emotion with the amount of PURE LOVE I feel coming from everyone... and mostly, coming from God. I pray that you continue to feel God's Love surrounding you and giving you strength during this trying time. Also, I hope you continue to feel the love that we all have for your entire family. Please allow yourself to go to that when you feel at your lowest, OK? That's what we're all here for.
Hi Korrine! We are all anxious to hear how you've been this past week and so hope you're starting to feel better! You've been through so much and we all admire your strengh, courage and mostly your POSITIVIE attitude. I want to share a little secret with you. (Well, guess it won't be such a 'secret' any longer, eh? hee hee.) When I came to see you in March I was going through a sort of a 'funk' ... but after meeting YOU, that all changed. You have inspired me in so many ways and I just wanted you to know that!!! :)
It's going to be a SCORCHER this weekend, but I KNOW there will be a ton of people at the Relay in Livermore (me included). GO TEAM KC!!!
May you feel better each and every day Korrine!!! Keep smiling that AWESOME smile of yours! :)
God Bless you all.
Love and Hugs~
Cindy Brian
This seemed right for you today Crogans!
Love, Arla
Don’t Give Up
Today's Scripture
“So let’s not get tired of what doing good what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
Are you believing God for something? Is it taking longer than you thought or expected? No matter how long you may have been standing, don’t give up! Your season is coming. Your harvest of blessing is on its way. It might be today, it might be tomorrow, it might be next week, next month or next year, but remember, at the right time you will experience your breakthrough. Be encouraged today because God is faithful and His promises are true. Keep standing, keep hoping, keep believing. Keep doing good. Keep declaring the promises of God over your life. Choose to be around people who are going to encourage you and fill your heart and mind with God’s Word. Let a song of praise come out of your mouth. As you continue to press on in faith and keep an attitude of victory, you will see your harvest of blessing and live as an overcomer in every area of your life.
A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Fill me with Your strength to keep doing good and standing firm until I see my harvest of blessing. Thank You for Your peace in my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Post a Comment