"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
Mother Teresa
Cancer stripped her of everything including her life but it could not steal away God's LOVE, PEACE and the JOY that radiated through her. Korrine never stopped SMILING!
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Note From Korrine (written after her 4th round of Chemo)...
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Dearest Team K.C. ,
It is such a great comfort to our family when we are feeling helpless and desperate for our daughter that we can put out on the blog to please pray for her. Once again we asked for you to pray when she went back to the Intensive Care and you did. She was released from the Intensive Care the following morning and back to the Pedi/Oncology side of the hospital. Korrine has overcome so much and we are so proud of her. She is so brave. They took out her broviac and put in another central line a Pick Line in her left arm it got infected so they removed it and put in another Pick Line in her right arm it also got infected so they removed it. Now she has no central lines so she is getting poked for every blood draw and I.V. lines have been placed in both her hands. Needless to say she is so brave as she gets poked multiple times in a day. The doctors are not putting in any central lines to give her body a break as the infections were causing her fevers and making her sicker. She is receiving alot of platelets 2 units yesterday and 2 units today. She is trying very hard to eat and she is using her toughness in trying to get out of bed and sit in a chair or walk to the door of her room in order to build strength. The goal is to try and get her home even if for a couple of days before her next round of chemo begins Tuesday July 1st as she has been in the hospital since April 14th. Yesterday Korrine stood in the shower with mom's help and took a shower and let water run over her head that was the first time water ran over her body since December 27th when she had her central line put in. You can not get central lines wet. However she was a pro at sponge baths. We are so grateful for the smallest of things such as a shower.
Team K.C. your prayers and positive support are healing it is proven that patients who are prayed for and keep a positive outlook do better and Korrine is proof positive of that. Let's continue to send our positive thoughts and prayers up for Korrine. I want all of you to be encouraged as each day we see a little improvement and isn't that fantastic? I know I am Korrine's mother and us mothers always think our children look beautiful. However; I must say she looks beautiful especially after all she has been through. Korrine always says to me "Mom stop staring at me" I just can't get enough, I want to take her all in.
We are so thankful for our thoughtful and understanding Nurses and Doctors at Kaiser. We are thinking of you at UCSF, Hello to all our friends over there.
Our prayer for Team K.C. is that all of you would be blessed ten fold for every act of kindness and prayer said for Korrine. Your support is healing and appreciated.
Stay Positive and LiveSTRONG,
Dana and Matt Croghan
60 comments:
Dear Croghan Family,
I must say today's post gave me immediate chills and then tears. I am so very happy to hear that you are out of the PICU Korrine!! You are the toughest little sweetheart and your entire Livermore community is here praying for your renewed strength and healing.
Dana you are completely right....she IS beautiful!!! I know that every morning when I first check(this blog)to see how Korrine is that day, her smiling face and the light in her eyes makes me believe everything IS going to be okay. julie gilmore
I am so relieved. I have been praying for you constantly to get out of the ICU and it worked! Thank goodness for all of our prayers and the ones coming from all over the world for you! You are one AMAZING person, Korrine. I wish I could say I've been strong through as much but I know I haven't and I never will. I will always look up to you, you're such a trooper and a great role model, even to the other kids on your floor I bet!
I will definitely see you at the pool soon!! The next step after a shower is the pool :)
I love you and am always praying!!!
Love, Alex Accornero :)
We are so glad to hear that Korrine is up and moving about. Good for you girlie, you are the strongest person we know. We love and care sooooo much about you. You are in our daily prayers. Love Steve Jackie Katie and Aimee
Hello Matt and Dana,
It's so encouraging to read this latest update! Yes, even the smallest of improvements is wonderful news! Thank you Jesus!
Team K.C. WILL continue to be here for you both, your family, and especially for Korrine! We will remain a very strong, positive force lifting her up in prayer asking for complete healing.
Hi Korrine! I'm so happy to hear you don't have any central lines in you any longer, although getting poked multiple times a day doesn't sound like much fun. Ugh! However, that shower must have felt GREAT! I hope you enjoyed it?! :) I hope all the infections will clear up and your fevers will stop completely.
We are so encouraged and inspired with the amount of strength you continue to demonstrate even after all you have been through. You, my dear, really are the picture of someone who not only 'chooses' to LiveStrong, but who 'actually does' LiveSTRONG! You are one amazing young lady, Korrine!!! :)
I will be praying especially hard that you will continue to gain some strength, so that you will be strong enough to go home for a few days before you start another chemo treatment. I'm sure all your furry friends at home will be sooo happy to see you!!!
Love and hugs~
Cindy Brian
(Dana ~ She IS beautiful, in every way!!!)
Hi Korrine & Family,
Just wanted to say hearing Korrine is out of ICU is AWESOME news!!! I find you and your familiy's strength and courage both amazing and inspiring!!! Keep that good postive attitude going!!! Korrine you are AMAZING!!!
XO
The Vasquez's
Taylor,Savannah,Aj,& Wendy
Thank you, God!
thank you so much for the update Dana, I am so happy to hear that she is out of ICU and able to take a shower and eat a little bit. Boy it sure makes you stop and count your blessings doesnt it. Like you said everything little improvement counts and we are praying hard and often that they continue. you all are in our thoughts and prayers through out the days. I hope for Korrine that she is able to come home in the next few weeks and get out of the hospital and back where she belongs even for a little while. I am sure she is beautiful in everyones eyes.. That wonderful smile touches everyone that sees it
Keep it up Korrine and keep trying to eat and get up, that is so wonderful! We all want you to be as strong as can be for the next round. Once again you amaze all of us everyday!
It was wonderful to have Sean over this weekend. The boys had a great time and I think he really enjoyed himself. Matt is was great to see you too.
You are all such a wonderful family
Much love, The Riddiough Family
YAAAAYYY!!!!! God answers prayers!!! Korrine we're still praying for you. I love you!! i hope you continue to get better and you can get home soon!!! =D=D LOVEYOU!!!
-Jaclyn Rice
Matt, Dana, Korrine & Sean - We are always thinking of each of you all the time, with lightness in our hearts and a sweet, heavenly touch in our souls. God is hearing the prayers of those who are thinking foremost of you. And Korrine is beautiful, in spirit and strength. Her smile and courage has touched many, many people! She is my daily inspiration! We all continue to pray for your loving family many times throughout each and every day!
Hey CutiePie~
It's wonderful to hear that you are eating some, getting up and about a little bit and even got to enjoy a shower (that must have felt soooo good!). I'm sorry that you have to get poked multiple times a day now, but we'll pray that you'll get stronger without the fevers and infections from the lines.
I'll also pray that you continue to gain strength so you'll get your wish to come home. If there is anyone who can achieve her goals, it's you girl. You never quit -- just one of the many amazing things about you.
Dana~
You are absolutely right... she IS beautiful. Her smile, her strength, her faith and positive attitude is all something to take in. I can see how you can't get enough of her. I do hope, though, that at some point you take a look in the mirror, and at Matt, and know where all of that comes from.
With love and hugs,
Sue Bakalar
Korrine,
Bet that was the best shower you've ever taken in your life! We're so glad you are out of ICU and doing better.
Lots of love,
the McClay Family
Yay! This is such good news!! God bless you!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Jesus! Dana, thanks for this post~as I thought of you holding your sweet daughter as she was FINALLY able to stand under that shower head, I thought of all the prayers from Team KC, and the love and healing from our awesome, glorious, gracious Father "shower" over her...amazing.
Korrine, you keep us cheering on your side and we all are getting as much from your journey as you get from the love & prayers of us, those of us who have never met you in person before.
I figure since I have been with you since shortly after this blog started, I now know you, YOU are the one covered by grace & living strong-what an example to us all!
Praying you get stroger still so you can sleep in you own bed!!!! (Bet EVERYONE in the hospital would MISS YOU like crazy!).
Praying also that every stick you have to get, that you remember someone here is praying for you & loving you. I pray they don't make you too uncomfortable (I, myself, am a baby if I have to get stuck more than 2x!!).
Sleep well.....
Dana,
There are 10,000+ mothers out there that know exactly how you feel. When your children feel pain, you feel it tenfold. You are also right, Korrine is beautiful, there is a special light that shines through her that cancer cannot take away.
Korrine,
Glad you were able to shower, and hopefully you will be able to eat to get stronger! Again, you are just amazing!!!
Matt,
It is awesome how humble you are and how touched you were by the girls giving you lemonade money. That's why we all love you, and that's why you are an awesome coach & teacher. You have compassion, and you care so much for everyone.
Sean,
You are a great kid and you are being such a wonderful brother to Korrine.
Take care Croghan family, and remember that you are a beacon of goodness to all of us in this city!
Woohoo! Yeah Korrine!
I am so glad that I checked the blog site to see that she is out of PICU. God is hearing all of our prayers for your sweet girl! How wonderful that she was able to take a shower too. That must have felt so good!
I can so imagine you looking at Korrine with awe and love. She is a beautiful girl inside and out. She was like that when she was 5 and I am sure she will be like that at 105!
Thank you so much for keeping us updated on her progress. It really helps me to hear how she is doing and to continue with prayers for her healing.
Sending love your way...
Cindy Vance
Hey Croghan Family,
We are so happy to hear about the shower. How wonderful & cleansing, both physically and spiritually, water can feel. I loved participating in Relay for Life and next year I look forward to the Croghan Family leading Team KC on the Survivor Lap and the many laps to follow. I only walked 11 miles, but next year I hope to get at least 15. Dr. Marcel's group is such a fun bunch of people. The entertainment was great as was all the food and water.
We love you all. Looking forward to seeing Korrine's smile soon.
Love, Janet
YAY! God is so good! Korrine IS beautiful. In EVERY WAY!
Dana, Matt, and Sean,
Thank you so much for sharing Korrine with us all. Your strength and grace is something that we can all learn from. You have a very special girl on your hands and she is touching so many people. Korrine is absolutely beautiful on the inside and out!
Korrine,
Thank you! You are teaching so many people how a positive attitude and faith can move mountains. You are such an inspiration. Rest, heal and be strong for the next round of chemo! Just think, this is one step closer to beating cancer! We are all behind you and cheering for you!
Incredible family, inspirational and beautiful Korrine, fantastic news. Today is a great day. Praying continues...God Bless
Matt and Dana,
You make me bawl every time I read your notes.
Korrine, that shower must have been so healing. I believe in the healing powers of water. Whether it be the pool, lake, ocean or even shower, water is powerful. Not quite as powerful as you and your family, however!
Congratulations on another win in your fight! You are winning!
Love, Linda
Korrine and family,
PRAISE THE LORD......
that's it.
The prayers go on..
Love from.
Debby and Ian
Korrine,
It is amazing the way you rise to every single challenge presented to you! Showering, eating, sitting and walking are each such big steps to becoming completely well.
I am so happy for you and your family.
I had an MRI on my knee today and I thought of you and how many different tests you have had to endure over the past months. I am in awe of your fortitude!
The whole family prays for you and your family daily.
I hope you get to come home soon.
With much love,
The Opipari's
God is so good! Korrine, keep strong and positive. You are a true inspiration!! Our prayer now is for you to be able to come home before your next treatment!
The Bauer Family
Every day we pray for your family.
LiveStrong
Liz Ben Pam and James
Wow...what great news to hear that she is up and getting stronger and out of PICU! We continue with our daily prayers. They are working.....
((Virtual Hugs))
The Heinz Family
Whoot Whoot! God is GOOD! Your love is infectious. Your smile is contagious. Your strength is inspiring. Your endurance is amazing! Your faith is unshakable. Your parents are rocks. Your brother is the best water skipping pebble. We sure love you Korrine and your family. Still praying and won't stop. Soon enough you'll be in your own home. Can't wait! Love the Esmeyer Family
I don't really know what to say....it's just that Korrine, we are amazed by your strength, and we are praying for you. Love, the Eckerts in Ptown.
Thank you! Thank you! You take precious time away from Korrine to fill us in! We are just rejoicing for all of these wonderful and amazing milestones! Dana, I know I'm safe in saying that I believe I'm not the only one that sees you, Matt, Sean and Korrine with the same awe that you look at Korrine with! Everyday, I am profoundly affected by your posts and stand in amazement at Korrine! You all are very loved and dearly appreciated. We rejoice with you for every prayer that is answered!
We miss you! We love you bunches Korrine! =D
Love and prayers,
The Gilberts
Korrine, Dana, Matt, & Sean ~ You don't know me, but i pray for you daily! Your blog keeps so many people in touch with you and with God. Please know you have touched more people than you will ever know with your smile, your strength and your fight!!!!
I'm praying for you,
Heidi Robinson & family
Thanks so much for the update! It's fantastic that Korrine is gaining in strength - and yes, it's the small things that we take for granted - like a shower - that means so much to someone who hasn't been in the water in months. Korrine, you are amazing... in both strength and beauty - let your mom stare at you all she wants - that's what we moms do - stare at our beautiful children, and you my dear, are a beautiful sight to behold!
Our prayers for you remain constant - that you continue to heal and get stronger. It is also our prayer that you are able to make it home for a few days before your next round of Chemo begins.
Glenda
Oh Korrine!!!! What awesome news - you are on my mind so much and your wonderful family. Hang in there - you are such an incredible young woman and inspirational to so many. I hope you get to go home soon and sleep in your own bed! Would that be great or what?
Such good news to hear that you are out of the PICU! I bet that shower was the best shower! Keep fighting and smiling beautiful girl! Dana she is beautiful to everyone that has had the opportunity to know her, even though we have never had the chance to meet her. God bless and keep getting stronger.
Korrine, you are an unbelievable fighter. I'm so happy to hear that you've come out of the ICU. I know all the poking must not be much fun---but if anybody could handle it with a smile, I know it would be you.
Please forgive us all for staring (as much as it's awkward to receive so much attention). You are beauty, strength, and grace inside and out. It's not often that people are blessed to see a spirit like yours.
I am always thinking of you, and I'm praying you'll be better soon.
Adam
If I left a comment as often as I checked your blog, or said a prayer or told someone about your amazing strength and courage, you would be reading my words with every other posting. But today...today is an amazing day! God is Great! And God heard us! I am so thrilled you are out of the ICU and made such great strides. I am especially happy for you getting to take a shower. Wahoooooooo!
Stay strong, believe and know that you will be healed. In the meantime, God is using your battle to touch and unite so many...pretty amazing!
Trusting in Him!
Julie (Rice) Thall
Yeee Haaaa!!!!!
You've done it again!!
Dana and Matt,
I'm a mom and yes my children are beautiful, but there has never been a child more beautiful than your Korrine!! Beauty is so much more than skin deep (and she's got that catagory won as well). Her beauty from the inside out has taught and touched us all in an undescribable way.
The cool thing is: is that after she kicks the cancer, she will continue the fight and touch so many MORE people. I see her playing a water polo match and then running off to a high school or a hospital, or a cancer society for an uplifting speech or spreading of positive thinking. She will continue to do great things!
Way to go Korrine. I am so proud of you.
Wendy Campbell
Good Morning Croghans!
Just thinking of all of you and wanted to pop in and check on you. What great pictures of the Relay! It was quite an experience and I feel honored to have taken part in it.
Korrine~
I pray that today is a good day and you are up and around a little more, able to eat some yummy stuff and feeling all around better. Ooo, and maybe you even got a special visitor. :-)
StaySTRONG amazing warrior princess!
Love and hugs,
Sue Bakalar
Korrine is gorgeous, inside as well as out.
I am at a loss for words at all that she's been through, all I can say is I think about her so much, and know in my heart she will conquer this terrible cancer and be able to return to the amazing life she was a part of before. I have not raised any money, I do not own a shirt, nor have I been to any events, but I hope that thinking positive about her will prove to be enough. In fact, I just know it will. We all love you Korrine, never forget that, Livestrong, and smile.
I just want to say that Korrine is more than beautiful...she is STUNNING! I {bragging} got to meet her and Matt in person today and it's true what Dana say: she looks SO GOOD and just BEAUTIFUL!
Love You Korrine! So happy to have met you in person! Lorri
Yeah!!! What an inspiration you are, Croghan family. You have touched more lives than you can imagine. God is in control and he has a plan. Lean on HIM and he will lift you up. Praying for you to be able to go home before the next round.
In HIS Love
Korrine,
We are so glad you are out of the PICU and able to take a shower. We are praying for your continued progress every day.
Thank you for sharing with all of us through the website. We think of you all the time and check to see how you are doing.
Korrine, you are so brave and a real warrior. You and your family touch our hearts in so many ways. You make us want to live strong like you guys. We believe in you Korrine!! We are praying for you and hope you will be able to come home soon. Stay strong!
Dana - you are right! Korrine is a beautiful young lady, inside and out and one of the most amazing people we know.
We love you all.
The Spence family
Good Morning Korrine,
Just checking in to see how you're doing - You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Hugs to all,
The Thornton's
Good morning. Hope you are doing better and can go home soon. We are praying for your complete healing. Every morning at 10:00 I watch Joyce Meyer Ministries on channel 8. Pray for all of you while I watch. Very uplifting Hugs to all. Lex Louie
Hi Korrine!
Just thinking about you and hoping today is a great day for you!!
Hugs,
Sue Bakalar
Hi Korrine,
Wow--praise God for running water over your body! How wonderful that you can appreciate what we all take for granted. What a remarkable lady you are! I'll keep praying and you keep getting better-okay?
Hi Dana and Matt,
You are SO right! Korrine is absolutely lovely on the blog! Her smile just lights up my screen and I can't help but smile back at her. What a fabulous young lady you are raising!
Hi Sean,
I hope you are out in the swimming pool and enjoying no homework!
Love, Mrs.Scarbrough
God really did answer all of our prayers, and I hope he keeps on doing it! Stay strong Korrine, we all love you!
Hey Korrine,
I wanted to stop in and say I love you. That's all.
Hugs,
Arla
WOW! It is so nice to see your beautiful smile. You do look beautiful. You are wonderfully made. I am so glad to hear that your already out of ICU. Gods plans are GRAND and I can't wait til you are totally healed. When we look at you you can see the finger prints of GOD in you. You are a child/woman of tremendous strength and beauty. Praying as a family. LOVE in CHRIST,
The Gooby's
HI Croghan Family,
This was such wonderful news it brought me to tears. I am so happy that you spent only one night in the PICU, are trying to eat and most of all, enjoyed the water running over your body!
Dana, I was explaining to Kylie one day how sometimes people are so kind and loving that you don't even see their external beauty because the beauty inside of them is what draws you to them. Korrine is fortunate enough to have both the external beauty and more importantly, a radiant beauty on the inside. You and Matt have done a fabulous job of raising two wonderful kids! Keep up the good work!
The Muzzall Family
Korrine!
You met Lorri!!!! You two are so cool. What a great connection. I can see deep lasting friendship with your two families. I think Colorado is a great place to visit too.
I hope you are having a great day. God is good. He is here!
Love the Esmeyers
Korrine-
Thanks for posting the pictures of the relay and UCSF!! I love the stickers you have on your computer! I wish I could find some like that, except for softball, to put on my laptop!! I enjoy seeing your smiles, they make my day! In the UCSF pics, I could see the De Young museum from your view(I think)!! That was cool, because I went there this year for a field trip, and the architecture(sp?) was really unique, but cool at the same time! I hope you have a GREAT day, I wish the smoke from the fires would go away, I want to see the blue sky!
"Whatever is Lovely... think of these things"
Phil. 4:8
I like that verse, it is short but nice!
LiveSTRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Korrine!!
Oooo... I love the pictures! You're too polite to tell me to stop staring at you, but I was. ;-)
You look SO awesome!! Gosh how I have missed seeing that smile and that face. Very cool that Woody came to visit you too. Gotta love those Giants!
Your smile and your spirit, no matter where you are, touches me.
Thank you for making my day!
I pray that you are having a wonderful day and are getting stronger.
Love,
Sue Bakalar
That is the best news and when you asked for prayers its so awesome to know that they were already being said & answered!
Tears of joy here! This journey for our(thank you for sharing her with all of us), yes, very beautiful warrior princess-inside and out, has been so amazing and continues to touch so many many lives. I had a vision the other day of Korrine as a young woman in her 20's and, yes, she was smiling that winning smile and still touching lives, making a difference, doing God's work...
Go Team KC, Live Strong, Stay Positive
Love Maxine Hammons & Family
I loved hearing about the little girls giving the money from their lemonade stand-how wonderful is that!
Korrine, The Hoganson Family put up a flower with your name on it up at the Children's Hospital of Orange County Yesterday. It is a white daisy with a yellow center. We chose that one because it seemed to smile. You have the prettiest smile!
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Praise be to God!
Laury Booy- Hogasnon
Dear Croghan Family,
I am so happy to hear that Korrine is feeling a little better! My mom got tested to find out if her blood type is the right kind to donate to Korrine, so we are all waiting anxiously to find out the results. Hope you continue to feel better Korrine!
Dear Croghan Family, We are a family who knows you thru the community of your friends and water polo. We have no question that you will continue to stay strong. Your example of strength helps the entire community here in the tri-valley. Love, a neighbor family.
Yaay, good news! You're all such an inspiration.
Love,
Emma
Korrine-
Okay, I have this really funny(well, maybe not funny, but.....) story!
Well, every night, I have to brush my retainer( I was a patient(sp?) of Dr. Marcel, too), and it gets sort of boring to have to do it every night, taking it out of it's little case, and putting it back in......
Then, as I was looking at the retainer case, I was daydreaming about all the LiveSTRONG products, and how they are yellow( I just ordered some livestrong sunglasses!). Then, it clicked in my brain: Hey, my retainer case is yellow! So, it has some meaning to me now, instead of it being the " boring old retainer case that I like to keep clean," it is now " my little livestrong retainer case."
So now, I have some yellow things that I own:
retainer case
softballs
sunglasses(they have not come yet =( )
glowsticks from relay
and probably some other stuff that I can not tink of right now....
You know what I need to get though? A LIVESTRONG BRACELET!
I lost mine, or it broke, I forget, but I NEED ONE because A. it goes to a GREAT cause, B. everyone else has one!, C. I know ..... lets see, about 10 or more people who have fought or are fighting against cancer. You, and my cousin who has a cancerous brain tumor, are the main two of the many people I pray for every night. Your story inspires people from all walks of life, and that is a very true fact! You are a shimmering piece of sunshine! If only more of the people in the world were like you...... there would always be sunny days!
Well, sorry for the long little letter, oh my goodness, is it really 11:27 p.m.? Geepers..........!
LiveSTRONG!
Oh, and have a GREAT friday!
Korrine, Sean, Dana and Matt,
Thinking of all of you and hoping this week is going well... and that Korrine has some appetite and is gaining some strength and energy for this next round of chemo. We have all learned to much from all of you... about being true warriors and becoming educated about all that is happening.
I was in a safety class last week and the main message... in the event of a diaster was, "who is the most important person?" "YOU!"
Even though as parents, we put our children before ourselves... we are taking care of us, by taking care of them. Dana and Matt - you are educating generations to be advocates for their loved ones... Sometimes doctors and nurses don't like that we've become so educated... but that is the way it is going to be!!!
You ALL inspire us to LIVESTRONG!
hugs and much love, kathy t.
Korrine-
I meant to tell you: Thank you for putting the new song and video on the blog, I am going to get the song on my iPod! So now, I will have calling all angels, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, and stand tall! I am sort of a music/apple/iPod addict, and I am SO enjoying the nice songs from your site! Oh, that makes me think of this story I have (yes, another story from yellow retainer case girl.......). Since my cousin is battling brain cancer, my dad was like, driven to find other people who had had the same type of cancer, and different places to treat that specific type,because my aunt and grandma were so depressed about the news, and my dad was able to find some stories of survivors. One of those survivors was a guy named David M. Bailey, and he has been cancer free for some( I don't know how many) years now. The neat part about this is that David M. Bailey is a song writer and he has a bunch of cd's and songs, and they are on iTunes, or wherever cd's are sold! His music genre is folk, which personally, I am more of a rock/alternitive fan, but my favorite song of his is " Only place to start." His songs are inspirational, which I enjoy. And the funny thing is, my family(mainly my cousin and his family) is in contact with him, since he had the same type of tumor, he recomended(sp?) his oncology doctor at Duke University, and now my cousin is going there once every like, 2 months, to see that doctor, since my cousin actually lives in oregon. I guess my point is, I find the word "cancer" EXTREMELY awful, but at the same time, it is so amazing how that word can open someones eye, or bring people closer, or make someone learn a lesson that will change their life.
livestrong!
Korrine-
I must tell you my story for today! As I was driving home from my softball tournament, I was listening to "maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow," and I saw this yellow road sign, and I thought of the livestrong colors! Then, right after that, I saw the same type of sign, except it said "end" on it! It made me think of cancer ending, with the big yellow livestrong colored sign saying "end" for cancer!
It brightened up my day, since my team lost all 2 of the games.
"Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game."
I need to learn some water polo quotes!!!!
LiveSTRONG!!!!!!!
Post a Comment