We woke up to a beautiful day in San Francisco, It is crystal clear outside. Matt and I both spent the night with Korrine. We make sure one of us is always by her side. We rotate so we can take care of Sean, I can't believe he will be 9 on Saturday. Matt and I will be celebrating 18 years of marriage in July. Time goes by fast enjoy every day to it's fullest no matter what your circumstance.
Korrine did great for her Cat Scan on Monday. She was anxious going into it and was comforted by your prayers and the team of doctor's that went with her to insure her safety. The result of the Cat Scan is as follows: Some of the lesions on her lungs got smaller and some even went away and some stayed the same. The mass in Korrine's right lobe of her liver remains the same and is still very large. The good news is that it did not grow or change. Korrine's right lung is still collapsed on the bottom right side and there still is fluid. Her 3rd round of chemo starts this Monday June 9th and will take 5 days. The doctors feel she is stronger and they will give her 100% of all the chemo medications. The past 2 have not been at 100% because she would not have been able to tolerate it. (Korrine's 1st 4 rounds of chemo consisted of Bleomycin, Etoposite and cisplatin. The 2nd 4 rounds of chemo consist of Taxol, Iphosfamide and cisplatin) Korrine is going to be getting physical and o.t. therapy to help her get stronger. She may even go outside to the patio today for some sunshine and fresh air. We will transport her via a cool looking wheel chair. She looks great and keeps up her smile and still plays a mean game of cards. She was taken of I.V. nutrition and is trying to eat a little. All good news!
Korrine will be missing her 8th grade graduation on the 12th. She is very sad about missing it. As a 4.0 principal's honor roll student and athlete she has worked harder mentally and physcially these past 6 months and will be promoted along with her classmates. She may not be able to physically be at the graduation but she will be their in spirit.
Upcoming event's: Blood drive for Korrine on Friday June 6th at Smith School 8:00 until 12:00 and Relay for Life at Livermore High June 21st.
Let's leave comments to Korrine about what she continues to mean to all of us and some fun memories and how proud we are of her fighting spirit. We Love You Korrine!
Stay Positive and LiveSTRONG
Dana and Matt
"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Smile
Cancer stripped her of everything including her life but it could not steal away God's LOVE, PEACE and the JOY that radiated through her. Korrine never stopped SMILING!
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Note From Korrine (written after her 4th round of Chemo)...
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
A Beautiful Day in San Francisco "No Fog"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
66 comments:
Korrine, You continue to be an inspiration to all of us! You are a beautiful person and I feel honored to know you!
Enjoy the sunshine and have a great day!
Cindy Gary
Korrine-
I am still praying for you! I hope you enjoy this sunny day in San Francisco! Wow, you should be so proud of yourself, you are a 4.0 honor student, athlete, and cancer fighter and survivor. You are amazingly awesome! I hope you are feeling better and a bit stronger each day!
Korrine, I am so glad that the cat scan went well. Every little step is a blessing in itself. We think about you so much and continue to pray that you will be completely healed. What along journey you have been through. You are such a strong young lady and we are all so blessed to know you and your family. You give us all such hope and keep our faith strong. You are so amazing. I hope you get to enjoy some fresh air and sunshine today and that you get the strength you need to get through this next round. We are all so looking forward to you being able to come home and get in that pool again!!! Stay strong, Keep smiling and just remember how many people are out here routing and praying for you on every step of the way. We love you and miss your beautiful smiling face.
Matt, Dana and Sean, you guys are also so amazing. What a wonderful family you are and how lucky Korrine is to have you and you to have each other. Please know how much we think about each of you daily as well. If there is anything at all that we can do to help out in anyway please do not hesitate to let me know. With Sean, with food, errands anything, please we all would love to help.
much love and prayers to you all
Tamika, Kevin, Grant, Garrett and Kendra Riddiough
Hi Korrine,
So happy to read your update! I give blood on Friday...I'm not A negative, but hope it will help others in your name.
We continue to pray and think of you everyday and my family looks forward to meeting you one day soon.
Happy Birthday, Sean! God Bless you all.
Love, The Nagy Family
Korrine,
You are an inspiration to so many people...whom I hope you one day will get to meet.
Today is a beautiful day in Livermore too. I was on a walk this morning and shared your story with a friend. You are touching so many lives, I bet you have no idea what this journey of yours is doing to an entire community, and so far beyond. You are drawing so many back to the Lord and onto their knees.
We have friends in Arizona who have never met you and yet daily they are praying for you and logging onto your website.
I know it will be tough to miss your graduation, but think beyond that...think about the football games you will be going to your Freshman year, the fun and challenging classes you will be taking, the friends you will be making and the boys you will be meeting (oops...your parents didn't read that right?!! hee hee).
Keep fighting and we will keep praying for you. What a story you will have to share one day...one of God's faithfulness and his mercy and his power and again you will make a difference in so many lives as God continues to make one in yours. Stay strong and keep smiling!
Happy 9th Birthday Sean!
God Bless You!
The Bauer Family
Hey Korrine! Awesome news!!!! You are one tough cookie! I can't wait to meet you one day. Can you teach me how to play a card game? I know it must be hard to miss your graduation, but the great news is that you are getting promoted to 9th grade and can start high school before long!And with that comes back to school clothes! Woowee!!! Do you like American Eagle? Can you go on line and look at the clothes? Maybe you can plan for what to wear when you go back to school!?! Hope you can get out and enjoy the sunshine today. And remember you are a miracle! :) Marilyn Lawrence
Good Morning, Korrine!
We are all very happy to hear that you got through the CT Scan and are going to start chowing down on some real food now! It's also great news that you're going to have some PT/OT and we know you will amaze the therapists with your strength, optimism and joy for life.
CONGRATULATIONS on keeping that 4.0for the past 3 yrs. in middle school! We're of course not at all surprised -- and we feel really badly that you cannot make promotion, but you are going to have a plaque that you'll keep forever for your fabulous academic accomplishments. (Any room left on your walls or shelves for all of these awards, girl?? :)
So, enjoy the sunshine, have a peaceful and joyful day, and definitely eat and rest and get all the strength you can to help the doctors help you with the upcoming chemo. We are so proud of you, and we love you and your family.
You're always in our prayers and our thoughts.
Much love,
Steve, Victoria, Christopher, Stephanie, Alison & Katherine
Good morning Korrine!! We're sooo happy your scan went so much better! We pray for you every single day and can't wait to see you! You inspire us everyday and when we think of your beautiful smile, our day is always brighter!
May God bless and strengthen you as you get outside in the fresh air today. May He give you peace and new vigor for the next round! You are awesome, Korrine! You challenge everyone to be better than they were before they met you!!!
Lots of love and prayers to you sweety!
The Gilberts
Hi Korrine,
You are one of my heros. I only have a couple and you are right up there!
I am on the decorating committee for the promotion dance. If you would like details on plans for the dance, I would be glad to share them with you. No other 8th grader has access to this top secret info., but my daughter Laura keeps trying to get this info. out of me. I can send you some pictures of the multipurpose room as we decorate it, if you are interested.
You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers and know that we will be thinking of you on June 12th. Focus on healing and getting stronger with each passing day. You are one of the strongest and most optimistic people I know and we are all looking forward to you returning home cancer free and ready to begin a new chapter in you life!
With love,
Ann Franklin
Korrine, you a a girl of great strength and inspiration! You continue to be such a wonderful example for my two little daughters, who pray for you daily. They ask each day to check your website to see how their new friend Korrine is doing. They haven't ever met you in person, yet this is the impact your bright spirit has had upon them. It is as if you've engulfed them in a giant bear hug! Our best to you~La Familia Cortez
Hi Korrine!
It's such a beautiful day that I went for a walk early this morning, and you know what I saw in the sidewalk cement? The initials KC. Of course, I thought of you, and hoped you were having a good day in lovely San Francisco. After my walk, I had to run some errands and do you know what I saw when I got on the freeway? A huge truck with the word or initials DANA. Hmmm, I thought that I'd better get to a computer soon, because you had some good news to share. Indeed, it IS good news. I couldn't be happier for you. I'm sorry that you're going to miss promotion and I know it's disappointing to you, but you know that you'll be there in spirit and you'll be in every one of those 8th graders hearts. You touch so many just by being who you are. We have all learned to be patient, to be hopeful and to continue to fight all because of you.
Stay STRONG, CutiePie, and know that there is a ton of love coming your way constantly. Enjoy the sunshine and know it's smiling on you, just as you smile on us.
Love,
Sue Bakalar
Hola Chica,
Dang girl, I can't believe you're graduating from 8th grade. Now I feel old--ha ha. j/k You're doing great, Korrine. I hope you enjoy the Vitamin D outside today. I hope we can make goofy eyes and big smiles to each other at church soon.
Happy birthday to Sean, too!
Love, Stephen and Rebecca
Korrine!!
Good news to hear, it brightened my day. I'm glad you're feeling much better and that there's sunshine to celebrate with. Our non-stop prayers are all reaching out to you in this upcoming round of chemo. You're always in our thoughts; always!
I love you and am continuously praying!
Love, Alex Accornero
Hi Korinne, Dana, Matt and Sean.
Sorry it's been so long, I had a little knee surgery last week. They say that I can't give blood on the 6th, because of my surgery. I have to wait a few weeks. Of course, I'm not A-, but I do vow to donate to someone else in your name.
How amazing you are to be elegible for graduation with your class! Another example of our tough little Korinne.
Food must taste sooo good to you now and I will not challange you to a game of cards. That takes strategy, of which I have no capability!!!
Enjoy the sunshine - I'm hoping for some warmth to go with it.
Happy Birthday Sean! Maybe we'll see you at closing ceremonies.
Wendy Campbell and family
Hey girly girl!
So glad to hear of all the great news!
I know your classmates will feel your love and thoughts with them as they celebrate this milestone with you. I CANNOT believe that you are graduating from 8th grade. You are such a BEAUTIFUL young lady. When I met you you were the cutest little pixie girl! Your smile has ALWAYS been bigger than you!
SEAN.. who gave you permission to go and get that old??? I remember my daughter Melinda babysitting you as an infant. Happy Birtday Bud! I remember hoping you'd wait till the 9th to make your appearance so we could share a b'day. It's nice you have your own! Sharing a b'day with a gramma lady would be wierd!
Korrine, you start your next round on my birthday. I'll be on the road bringing my granddaughters and daughter to Sacramento for the summer from Colorado. We will pray the day away for you! It will make our drive feel shorter. Know we are right there with you!
Blessings & hugs,
Arla
HI Korrine!
What I remember about you when you were in my kindergarten class is your beautiful smile and cheerful personality! I am not at all surprised that you are still a hard worker and doing so well academically. I remember how smart you were in kindergarten too!
I am so thankful that you are making some good progress and are gearing up for more chemo. It sounds like it is working and that is so great. I think about you so many times during my day. I pray for you more than I have ever prayed for anyone. Thank you for bringing me closer to our Lord. Your faith is an inspiration to all of us!
Happy 9th Birthday Sean! I remember you were just a baby when Korrine was in my class. Now you are such a handsome young man. Enjoy your special day!
Dana and Matt,
I remember both of you as loving parents and great helpers to me when Korrine was in my class. I knew that you were a loving and strong family then and I can see that even more now during this challenging time in your lives. You are all loved by so many.
Stay strong Croghan Family!
Love,
Cindy Vance
Hi Korrine,
I am another one of those people who have heard about your tremendous strength and personality, but have never met you or your family. I am also one of the many people praying for you and your family. I am one of Jenn Muzzal's cousins from Michigan. Jenn added you to our family prayer list in Jan and we've been watching and praying ever since.
You already have so many great accomplishments for a young lady your age, but I believe that you have many more and even greater accomplishments to look forward to in life.
I love clicking on your website and seeing your beautiful smiling face and read how much you are loved. You're amazing!
Continued prayers from Michigan.
Marie
Hey Korrine!
You are one amazing girl! Your smile is the brightest I have ever seen. Stay strong going into yet another round of chemo. We are all praying for you and will be right there with you holding your hand. Just close your eyes and see us all smiling and giving you strength.
I missed my 8th grade promotion too because my family moved in the middle of my 8th grade year and my new school was a middle school that had grades 7-9. So all my friends promoted with me in mind as yours will!! At least you will still get the certificate!! The strongest, most positive person I have ever met, a great water polo player, and a straight A student! Wow! Congratulations!!
Keep up the hard work and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
Mary Accornero
i am so glad to hear that Korrine is doing better!!! she is such an inspiration and it is nice to know that she is still staying strong! i will be keeping korrine in my prayers.
Paige Bauer
Hi Korrine,
My sister in law lives in Livermore and told me about you. She sent me your blog link so I have been following your progress. I live in Brentwood and I think you and your family are truely amazing. I think of you often and know you have the strength to continue getting stronger. Congratulations on graduating from the 8th grade w/ a 4.0!! I'll be at Smith school on Friday to donate.
Korrine
Great to hear all the good news...keep fighting sweetheart and know we are all here with you. I don't personally know you but you have brought such inspriation into my life and I think about you all the time.
I will be donating this Friday in your honor and I hope I am a match for you. If not, I know I will be helping someone in your honor.
Keep up the great work and congratulations on your graduation.
Happy Birthday to your brother too.
Korrine! Have a great afternoon and get well rested tonite to help regain all of your strength! I havent left you very many comments lately because i wasnt sure what to say, so i just kept saying them in prayer! You are still and will forever be an inspiration to me and our community! Thank you for showing us how truely brave and inspirational someone really can be! You've taught our community how to come together to help someone we dearly love! Keep up the hard work to get better and congratulations on the good news! LiveSTRONG!!!
Love Always <3,
Audrey Walke
Korrine - you have changed my life more than you will ever know! When I think I'm tired, I think of you and your battles, and I perk up and do a little more. When I see someone in need I don't turn away, but I imagine what you would do, and I offer my help. When I'd rather sleep in, instead of going to church - you're smile appears in my mind's eye and I get up and go. (I always feels so much better afterwards.) Each day I take time to count my blessings and you are clearly one of the first I count. I know this can't be easy - thank you for all you do for me each day. You are incredibly strong and you will beat this. You are my sunshine and inspiration!
Cherie Davis
Korrine we are all so happy to hear how well you are doing. I could just see your smile. I cannot wait until you are home I would love to be able to come and do some girl stuff with you like old times. Remember making the Christmas Crafts when I babysat you and Seany, all 3 of us made a great Pizza together our Christmas Crafts were not to bad either. So let me know when you are up to it and we can get together. Happy Happy Birthday Seany boy! Congratulations on your Graduation Korrine 4.0 way to go. Sending Big Hugs and Kisses your way share them with your Mom and Dad and Sean. Love Always Katie Paredez and her Family
Hi Croghi!
That is so awesome that despite all these challenges that you have been facing (and battling them brilliantly by the way) you have managed a 4.0 while being an awesome water polo player! You should really be proud of yourself, I know everyone else is. My water polo coach at Hayward bought you a present, and I'll get it to you some how. She is coaching at Stanford this summer so that is pretty cool. You are meeting a lot of new big shots. Every college is going to want you to play for them :D. I'm thinking of you and praying for you constantly!
Mary Rosa
Korrine,We were so happy and thankful to read your mom's update. Did I mention that never to underestimate the power of prayer? It was a sunny day here in Livermore too and we spent some time outside.You have such strength and courage and are SO admired by so many. You will be a freshman !! WOW!! I remember when you were born also, like a lot of others. A big happy birthday to Sean from all of us. Have a nice day there Sean!!.
We will keep the prayers coming.
Love from,
Ian and Debby
Hi Korrine,
I've never met you, but I heard about you through friends in Livermore. I have been checking your blog everyday since. You are an amazing inspiration! I will be donating A- blood in your honor on Friday at the blood drive. I'm also going to get screened for platelets since I am a blood match for you. There are SO many people pulling for you. Your positive energy and beautiful smile is contagious. I think about you everyday and send positive thoughts your way!! I hope you feel better soon.
I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
"Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." ~Author Unknown
BIG hugs to you sweet girl!!
You totally encourage me Korrine. It's weird how life is. Remember I said, God loves you so much, you just can't even imagine... In a same unimaginable way, He IS using YOU. Hard to believe, laid out, feeling rotten, doing little, that He could, can and DOES USE YOU! I agree with Corrie Bauer totally, that you have so much to look forward to. I can still picture you in the kitchen, tossing a salad and looking college age and adorale and TALLER and LIVING! God is good. I am so glad you are going to go outside for a minute. I'm sure the sun will shine brighter after that. You just have that effect. We love you and thank God for you.
The Esmeyer Family-
Hey Korrine,
Hope you enjoyed some sunshine on the patio. Can't wait to see your beautiful smile.
Love, Kyle, janet & Chad
P.S. Happy Birthday Sean!!!
Hello Croghan Family,
How wonderful it was to read the good news and of course it is nice also to hear that SF actually gets some sunshine, too! Maybe a bit of Korrine's smile slipped out the window! Thank you for being an inspiration to all of us. I am praying!
Happy Birthday, Sean! Having a birthday on Closing Ceremony Day of baseball must be a bit hectic. I know somehow you can celebrate though. Have a great day!!
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
What FABULOUS news, Korrine, I am so happy for you that your CAT scan day was better than last!! Sunshine on your shoulders....yippee!!! Now, which outshone the other? The sun or your smile!?!?
Now, my memories of you are only from this blog. Your sweet strong spirit shows in your eyes, especially when you are smiling, I imagine that as you woop someone in cards-what do you play?
I will be praying that your body "revs" up and gets at peak capacity as you start another FULL LOAD round of chemo and that as the medicine goes in the cancer RUNS OUT!!!
I am sorry you'll miss your graduation, loved the idea that you can get access to secret squirrel photos of the dance! Probably best you are not at the dance, there would be a MOB to want to dance with you!!! >smile<
So, enjoy the real food-hope they serve you some yummy stuff there and keep on keeping on like you do. What you have done thus far is more than anyone would do in a lifetime.
Congrats on the 4.0!!!
Hope you get to tease your brother on his birthday!
Happy Birthday Sean!!!
May God continue to uphold you and strengthen you as your story strengthens others!
Hugs~Celia
PS Dana & Matt may God continue to shine His grace on you! Thanks for the WONDERFUL update!
I am so glad to hear that you are doing better, Korrine! I am very sad that you wont be at the promotion, so I will make sure to take pictures, and videos there, and at the dance to give to you. Then, it will be like you were there! :) Nothing really new at school, except that it is the end of the year...thats obvious though...haha. :) Hope you feel better soon! xoxo
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Lots and Lots and Lots of love,
~Kimberly Ackley
Korrine, I check your blog almost every day, and pray for you each time I read the updates. You truly are an amazing warrior-girl. Your spunk and fight has helped many to feel like they, too, can get through anything. Thank you for allowing your journey to be so public - it reaches into the hearts of so many. I pray God's grace reaches into your deepest parts today and you feel strengthened and sustained. I also continue to pray for His complete healing for your body.
Kim Rogers
Korrine,
What wonderful good news. I'm glad you are able to get some warm sunshine on your skin! You are so amazing, just like everyone says you are! 4.0, way to go! Your parents must be very proud of you. I will be there to donate blood on Friday, wouldn't miss it.
Much love and prayers, Jill Leever
Hi Korrine,
Your positive attitude has always inspired me and even more so now. Everyone at Mendenhall is thinking positive thoughts, praying for you too!
Love,
Emma
You are an inspiration to us all Corrinne. I have never met you but I'm 26 years old and when I was in 7th grade your dad taught my health class! I heard your story through a friend and am so impressed by your continued strength and happy spirit. Know that you are constantly in my prayers and thoughts and keep up the positive attitude! May god continue to bless you!!! I am so proud of you for how well you have been doing!
Korrine,
I have typed and erased this line several times, because I can't put into words what I think. You and your family are teaching so many people what courage and faith REALLY are. I am not a person who ever really prayed before, but I pray to God every day that he will heal you completely. I hope you got out in the sun today and geared up for another fight. My money is on you!
Korrine,
you are a very bright and intelligent person that eveyone has gotten to know and love! I love that i have gotten to know u and u are always going to be know to people! I am a fifth grader at Smith Elementary and everyone is wearing a a wrist band and a team kc t-shirt to support you! You just keep on getting to feel better. i will check every day for new posts.
have a wonderful day!
Michelle Ontano
Korrine, congratulations on all of your achievements ... graduating 8th grade and doing it in grand style with a 4.0; staying focused to meet the challenge of chemo with every round; continuing to inspire and make your parents, family, friends and all who hear about your strength so very proud. LIVESTRONG and God Bless You!!
Saadia King
Hi there! It's Laura and her boys from Bakersfield area- Sue's friends. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers... xxoo
Hola Korrine!
You were always such an inspiration to me with your positive attitude! Promotion just won't be the same without your smiling face. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. Every night you're the first thing I pray about and you always will be. Mendenhall has been working hard for you. On Friday, everyone at school is going to do a run for you. No matter what we're going to get you that 100 mile shirt! Korrine, you are such an amazing person, and I feel honored to be able to call you my friend. I love you Korrine!
With lots of love,
Ariana G.
Hey Korrine,
You are so amazing! Man girl a 4.0, are you a freak, haha i am just kidding. love love Anja
p.s. I am sad that you won't be coming to graduation, we will just have to have a korrine graduation dance all about you!
Hi Korrine,
i don't have any memories of you to share, but I have a few of your dad and what us bratty kids did to him when he coached us in high school. He was our favorite of course!
We swam for your dad back in the old days when there were no water polo teams and we had to swim in the snow, uphill both directions.
We terrorized your poor ol' dad. We'll never forget our meet against Washington Huskies. A friend got a hold of a stuffed animal huskie dog, tied a rope around its neck, soaked him in gasoline and lit it on fire! He swung it above his head engulfed in full flames then dropped the burning toy onto a teammate's parka. The parka burned and the stuffed, flaming dog got drowned in the pool. I think your dad exhausted his list of profanities with that stunt!
We had a personalized T-shirt made for him at the end of the year that said DORK (director of radical kids).
Don't know how or why your dad put up with all our craziness, but he did. Your mother was always there by his side. She supported us as well. She gave us pre-race rub downs at our league and NCS meets so our muscles would be loose, warm and ready to race! They got engaged that year. She must have decided that if he could put up with all of us, he must be a saint!
your parents touched our lives and made an impact on us. After 18 years, our little swim group are still friends and we keep in touch. Most recently, we speak of you and your family and how mcuh of an influence your dad had on us. It seems you have inherited that gene. What a wonderful gift that is.
it'll be interesting to hear the pranks you pull during your high school polo career.
much love and laughter,
Linda
Korrine, you are a popular chic!! Just a note to let you know that me and my family...Jeff, Spencer and Sarah (you don't know us) continue to pray for you and are so happy to hear of your "sunshine days" that will be so cool for you to see God's light shining down on you! You have been the light in our home for many months. Thanks for your great inspiration. My kids who are 9 and 6 are so reminded of your positive spirit so very often. Thanks for helping Jeff and I be a better parent. 50 days in a hospital, but a successful CT scan, a day in the sunshine, a 4.0....You are on the road to recovery girl! Keep your head high!! Sean, Celebrate your B-day with a smile...what a champ you have been for your big sister! Matt and Dana.....hug one another for your anniversery. A true success in marraige. I know you feel "this is not about you", but it is so about how you make it for your wonderful daughter. You both are also a blessing to many families and marraiges in this community. Your daughter is so precious to us through your great guidance and strenght. Thank you for another day of blessings to us! Hang tough! Love The Kramm Family
Jeff, Whitney, Spencer and Sarah
Korrine,
I hope you did get outside today to enjoy a little fresh air. I have to admit, I think spring is my favorite season. I love all the new flowers and when all the hills are still green from winter (before they turn brown). To me it is also the season filled the most with hope and wonder.
Reading Mom and Dad's update today was brighter than the sun in today's sky. Seeing that 35+ people have already had a chance to leave a message before I got online tonight... fills my heart.
You have touched and inspired so many people... and do so everyday with your positive spirit. We'll be praying and sending positive thoughts that this next round of chemo continues to do its job without making you feel too yucky.
hugs and love, kathy t.
Korrine,
Although we've never met (I heard about your wonderful spirit from my family in Pleasanton), I have been following your progress and cheering you on every step of the way. Know that so many people praying for you and that are your cheering section is HUGE! I've learned so much from you and your parents, and will continue to pray and support you and your family!! YOU, dear Korrine, are AWESOME!
Korrine:
Again, while we have never met, I can feel your strength from afar. I am looking forward to passing the polo ball back and forth with you and your Dad in the pool and when you are ready. As long as you will have a couple of grey haired, pushing chubby old guys??!!
:)~
You tell me when and I'm on a plane!
Lots of Love and Prayers Always,
Doug Cleland
& The Cleland Family, Metamora, MI
Hey Korrine,
Just wanted to say HI. After reading your last post on your blog all I could see was your cute little smiling face taking in the sunshine on the patio of the hospital. We think of you every morning and pray for you every night!!! You will be GREATLY missed at 8th Grade Graduation but your spirit will bring a smile to all your classmates and their guest that night!!!
Stay Amazing,
Taylor,Wendy,Aj,& Savannah Vasquez
Korrinne,
Happy Grad!
We are so happy to hear that you are growing stronger everyday.Please continue to do because your high school water polo team need you!
Continued prayers for all of you,
Liz Ben Pam James
Croghan family,
Thank you for being an inspiration to all of us.
Happy Birthday Sean! Celebrate your big day knowing that people are watching over you.
LiveSTRONG
Liz Ben Pam and James
Korrine,
I hope that you were able to get out and enjoy the wonderful day yesterday. The sunshine on my face allways makes me feel better. I am so happy to hear that you had good results on your ct-scan. I pray that as you are feeling better and resting you gather as much strength as you need for this next round of chemo. You are such an inspiration of courage and grace as your parents are as well.
Keep fighting the good fight, and I will keep checking in on you multiple times a day and praying for you each and every spare moment that I have.
Have a wonderful day today and keep smiling that award winning smile.
Hi Korrine!
First of all: YOU GO GIRL!!! Being able to eat is GREAT!
Walking is AWESOME!
Heading to PT and OT will be the BEST! You will LOVE those exercises because they will make you feel strong and be a reminder to your body that you are healing!
CONGRATS on a 4.0 - you are the whole package: beauty and brains and braun!
Keep on Living Strong! Love, Lorri
Korrine,
so happy to hear the news & so proud of you! 4.0! wowee! I will be cheering for you on Grad night!I think about you daily & have everyone I know praying for your continued improvement!You are a true warrior of God & an inspiration to us all!!!
Happy Birthday Sean from Sammi & the rest of the Hammons family
Happy anniversary Dana & Matt!
Love Maxine Hammons
Go Team KC, Live Strong, Stay positive!!!!
Hi Korrine,
Congratulations on your CAT scan results and on your 4.0. YOU ROCK LIKE NO OTHER, YOU'RE TRULY AN AMAZING PERSON. You don't know me, Garen, my husband goes to Trinity (my bad, I goto Cornerstone). You're dad was our daughter Amber's water polo coach, back in 2000. Anywho, our prayers are that you will be back in to pool soon, playin the polo. I'm glad you're getting stronger. I'm hoping that you can drink that MonaVie fruit juice, even if it is 2tsp. twice a day. It's full of amazing antioxidants that fight off those nasty free-radicals. A doctor in Florida gives it to his cancer patients during chemo, it helps them stay stronger. If your tummy can tolerate it, I know it can help you with strength and stamina. Only your Doc. knows best. You are in our constant prayers. God Loves You and your Family so Much and so do we.
Garen & Lisa McDonald
Dear Korrine and family.. I am praying for your strength this week as you get ready to tackle what is going away in your body.. my little one prays for you each night at bedtime and yesterday at dinner as he prayed for you he asked his playmate if he knew you. He told him about a about you and how proud he is of you.. from an eight year old one who can see a true hero. God bless you Korrine you are amazing.. I know you will look back on this time in wonder all that God has done. Rest and get well so you can get ready for high school! god bless you
The Kellman family
Hi Korrine,
We are praying for you everyday. So many people are sending their love and thoughts your way. Tomorrow's blood drive will be amazing...We hope you continue to grow stronger and that the chemo does its job.
love,
April, Fabian, Sebastian, & Sophia
Korrine,
You are such an amazing, strong young woman! You are truly an inspiration to everyone that touches this blog. Congratulations on the 4.0 Presidential Award - I could picture your beautiful smiling face when they announced your name. You keep fighting and come home soon!
Happy Birthday Sean!
Korrine,
You are such an amazing, strong young woman! You are truly an inspiration to everyone that touches this blog. Congratulations on the 4.0 Presidential Award - I could picture your beautiful smiling face when they announced your name. You keep fighting and come home soon!
Happy Birthday Sean!
Hi Korrine!
Its Danielle Pierce from math! I was at the awards ceremony at Mendenhall tonight, and they were announcing the people who got a 4.0, and everyone was getting their share of applause as they walked to get their certificate. They announced your name and every person in the room cheered. The applause was 10 times bigger than everyone elses with good reason. You are missed so much, Korrine!!!! Everyone here is rooting for you and we know youll beat this!!! I'm always praying for you!!!!
Love,
Danielle Pierce
Hi Korrine,
I've never met you or your family but I'm no happy I'm A- and can donate to you today. I'll be driving up to Livermore today from San Jose and I will pray for you the whole drive up. Keep your wonderful faith and I know your going to beat this!
Jackie
Korrine-
I hope you are feeling better!
I found this quote that I like, and it is so true!
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" by Helen Keller. I meant to write in another blog, I really like the livestrong song that you have on the site, and I am going to put it on my ipod! I also read that the money for the song goes to the livestrong foundation! That is SO worth buying! I hope it is a nice day in S.F.!
We are praying for you, and ever since my mom told me about your blog and your story, I think about you and pray for you everyday! Keep on smiling, you amazingly awesome person, because your smile shines brighter than the sun!
LIVESTRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELLO KORRINE,THIS IS FROM TERRI AND MICK STOWERS WE HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR STORY ON YOUR WEBSITE. WE HAVE NEVER MET YOU AND WOULD LOVE TO SOMEDAY.ALL OUR LOVE PRAYERS AND HOPE FOR THE BRIGHT AND WONDERFUL FUTURE YOU DESERVE.
DANA AND MATT WE'RE PASSING OUR LOVE AND STRENGTH TO YOU. ALL THE FAMILY AND OUR FRIENDS HAVE YOU IN THEIR PRAYERS TOO! DANA I WANTED TO DONATE BLOOD TODAY BUT IT WAS TO SOON SINCE MY LAST DONATION. AS SOON AS I CAN IT WILL BE IN KORRINE'S NAME LOVE TERRI, MICK AND FAMILY
Hello Korrine,
Happy Friday to you! I hope you had a restful night and that you're feeling a bit stronger today. Here's hoping you'll get a ride in that cool looking wheel chair for a bit of fresh air today... even though it's probably chilly out. Brrrrr! :)
4.0? WOW!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!! I'm sure you worked VERY hard to earn that and for that you must be extremely proud! (As you should be!) Waaaay back when, I thought I was doing good with a 3.80! Hee Hee! Just ask your mom, since we knew each other back in our school days. Well wait, maybe I shouldn't have said "Waaaay back when", huh? Sorry Dana! Hee Hee!!!)
I know today is the local blood drive and I pray there is a big turn-out! I don't have your Special blood type so I (unfortunately) won't be able to donate for you. However, I do plan on going to the Relay for Life on the 21st and will be looking for other TEAM KC'ers! :) :) :)
I want you to know that I (as do sooo many others) continue to check your blog many times throughout the day, looking for updates to see how you're doing.
(Dana and Matt - THANK YOU so much for taking the time to share with us all what you're going through and how Korrine is doing, it means so much to us!)
I keep you in my daily prayers Korrine, asking God to continue to Bless and heal you.
I am very proud, impressed, and mostly SO INSPIRED by you ... how you are dealing with this incredible challenge that has been placed before you.
You ARE a beautiful, strong, wonderful, silly (Yay!), cheerful, person that I feel Blessed to have come to get to 'know' ... if only a little through meeting you once a few months ago, and through reading this Blog.
I know you don't forget the 'small stuff', for that is what you are teaching so many others...
So today, I wish you *many* HAPPY 'small' moments...
*Smiles with your family...
(you ALL have wonderful smiles)
*Something wonderful to drink...(ahhh how refreshing)
*Something wonderful to eat...
(tastes good?!)
*A gentle breeze on your face...
*Listening to one of your favorite songs...
*Perhaps a phone conversation or a text message with a friend?...
*Catching a favorite TV show or
movie?...
(what are some of your favorites?)
*Playing cards...
(and Kicking Butt too, from what I hear!!! You go Girl! Hee hee!)
Today I wish you a PAINFREE day!
God Bless~
Love and Hugs,
Cindy Brian
Korrine, I live in Martinez with my husband and two young boys. I have been reading about you since I saw the request on my mother's club forum for A- blood. I hope that I will be able to help you out and give you some of my blood and platelets. I am impressed with your courage and with you and your family's wonderful attitude through all of this. I will be thinking about you through this next round and watching for good news. Please wish your brother a Happy Birthday from me.
Dawn Kosmakos
Sending HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes out to SEAN today! Happy 9th Birthday! May all your wishes come true!
hugs and love, kathy t.
Hi Korrine,
I left a separate birthday message here for you to share with Sean on his special day. Thanks!
I know it is an important day for you too... with the next round of chemo starting. I pray that you'll continue to feel strong and are able to eat... while this chemo does its business!
hugs and love, kathy t.
Post a Comment