Korrine continues her will to live through much pain and suffering. After meeting with numerous Doctors this is what has taken place.
Korrine has had 4 surgery's to help with her internal bleeding . They were able to remove over 4 liters of blood from her abdomen and chest. They were able to go in and find the two areas of bleeding in her liver and stop the bleeding. This is a blessing a true answer to prayer a miracle.
It was confirmed this week that Korrine's original Germ Cell Cancer is not gone and continues to grow in her lungs and liver. A new chemotherapy treatment will begin tonight.
We will continue to be by her bedside at UCSF P.I.C.U. and believe she can be healed. Korrine is truly amazing and a true warrior who has endured much.
Please continue your prayers for her peace of mind and complete healing.
Stay Positive and Livestrong,
Matt and Dana
"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Smile
Cancer stripped her of everything including her life but it could not steal away God's LOVE, PEACE and the JOY that radiated through her. Korrine never stopped SMILING!
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Note From Korrine (written after her 4th round of Chemo)...
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Friday, May 2, 2008
Update Friday May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
118 comments:
Praying frequently for Korrine, the family and the medical team. Korrine, you are remarkable. You do live strong!
Korrine is a true warrior, as she continues her fight. We are thankful that the doctors have been able to stop the bleeding, and we pray for her to heal.
We appreciate your update in this most trying time for all of you. Just remember all of your friends are only a phone call away should you need help with anything.
Stu, Cindy & Kat Gary
I believe Korrine will livestrong! I'm praying for complete healing. Our prayers will be answered. I'm praying for Korrine's strength for chemo. Our prayers will be answered. I'm praying for Dana, Matt, and Sean. My thoughts are with you all.
Dear Korrine,
You are amazing, there cannot be another person stronger or braver than you. Keep up the fight and always remember how many people are fighting with you in spirit each and every day. Our prayers for your peace, strength, and healing and for your wonderful family are constant.
With love,
Candy, Mark, Sam and Molly Johnson
Matt and Dana we are with you in thought and prayer for a full recovery on our Lil Korrine. Give her a Kiss on the check from Katie P. with love the Paredez Family
Korrine, Matt, Dana and Sean,
Thank you for the update...you are and will continue to be in mine and my familes daily thoughts and prayers. StayStrong!
Kaitlin Maberry-Hall and family
Korrine. We are with you in spirit each and every step of your journey. Keep fighting the good fight and know that many of us who have never met you in person look forward to the day that we get to see that smile that everyone talks about. Get rest whenever possible and rest assured that you and your family are in many people's thoughts and prayers each and every day.
Anderson Fam.
Korrine,
We are praying for you to get better, we are thinking of you always. We love you.
Kristen,Delaney,Steve,Shea & Scotty
Dear Korrine...I'm so glad that the bleeding has been stopped, that is a huge answer to prayer. I'm so sorry to hear that you have to start chemo again so soon and I will be praying that God pours extra mercy on you to sail through round 5...my prayer is that the chemo ruins every cancer cell without impacting one healthy cell.
Love, Lorri
THANK GOODNESS!!! We are all so relieved and happy to hear the progress that has been made.
Love,
the McClay Family
Korrine and your family contiunes to be on my mind and in my prayers.
Footprints
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.
This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.
The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are praying for you Korrine, your family and the whole medical crew. We have faith that the Lord will heal you and give you peace. You are an amazing girl! keep up your faith and know that the Lord loves you! God Bless!
Dear Croghan Family,
You are never far from our thoughts or our prayers. We continue to pray for God's miracle and cannot wait to see it! We admire your strength and courage in this battle and are sure that it comes from God! Many blessings to you.
All our love,
The Gutierrez Family (Dan, Jan, Melissa, Derek, and Luke)
Stay Strong Korrine! We are all praying for you!
You remain on our thoughts and prayers everyday.
Always, The Nagy Family
Thank you for taking time to update us all. Our prayers are continuing for you all. Please know that so many are fighting with you, behind the scenes, on our knees. May God grant you the peace that surpasses all understanding as you begin this 5th round of chemo...the one that kills the cancer for good!!
Rick, Corey, Paige and Brandon Bauer
Korrine
We continue to pray for your strength and healing and are thankful for the answers. You are indeed an incredible young lady. We pray and think about you and your family daily
Hey Sweet Family...so many people praying. 'Can't wait to see u healed. Stay strong!!!!!!!
Love, Stephen and Rebecca
Croghan Family~
You continue to be in my daily thoughts and I pray for complete healing and strength. Keep fighting, CutiePie, and know that we love you and are with you in spirit.
With love,
Sue Bakalar
We thamk God for answering our prayers and guiding your doctors to be able to stop the bleeding. Another hurdle overcome! We continue to pray for you daily. Your complete recovery may not be coming along as smoothly as we would like, but we have faith that it will come. Keep up the good fight!
We are so thankful that the bleeding has stopped. Stay strong sweet girl as we continue to pray for you, May you be able to get the rest and strength that you so desperately need through the Chemo, and hope the doctors can make you comfortable again.
We hope and pray that GOD will answer all of our prayers that you will be competely healed of this horrible cancer.
We so appreciate you taking your precious time to update all of us. We are also here for you if any of you need anything at all.
Cant wait to see that wonderful smiling face again soon
Much Love
The Riddiough's
Mr. and Mrs. Croghan~ You are two truly inspirational people. We all faith that Korrine will be healed soon enough! Best wishes, and let korrine know we are thinking about her!
With Love and Prayer,
Audrey Walke & Family
We love you Korrine and we're still praying for you!! All the youth prayed the other night and we remember your sweet spirit and great attitude. Keep up your fight even when it looks bleak and dark. Your testimony will be all the more powerful for keeping your faith and trust in Him even in the hardest times. You're such an example to all of us that our life matters!
Love you, The Thielen Family
Dear Korrine,
You and your family continue to be in our daily prayers. I was so pleased to read that they'd found the source of your bleeding and have been able to get that under control - that's a HUGE blessing. As for round 5 of Chemo -I am so sorry that you have to endure another round of this - I pray that this will go as smoothly as possible for you. Hang in there - you're doin' great!
Hugs,
The Thornton's
We are so thankful to hear they've stopped the bleeding! We are also praying that this new chemo will destroy this cancer, your body will heal and a new season of health and happiness will begin.
We pray also for strength, wisdom, endurance and rest for Matt, Dana and Sean. We love you and our hearts are with you!
Love and prayers to you,
The Gilberts
I am so glad to read that they stopped the bleeding and so sorry to hear that you need to go through another round of chemo. You are a great fighter, though, and I am positive that you will LIVESTRONG.
Love,
Linda Morrison
Jeremiah 32:17
17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
so..knowing that your promises are real and true we ask that you send Korrine your peace and that you heal her boby completly
Korrine,
Stay strong. Everyday I see more and more people with Team KC shirts showing their support for you.
You are always in my prayers.
- Madison
Korrine,
Praying for peace and complete healing. The Leon family thinks about you all the time and hope that one day not too far in the future we can be blessed with your beautiful smile again.
Dana, Matt & Sean,
We miss you, too!
Love Always,
Jill Leon and Family
God bless the entire Croghan family!
Dear Korrine and family,
I am praying for you each day. I pray that our God Almighty will hold you in his hands, comfort you,
bring you peace and COMPLETE healing. I lift up every doctor and nurse who comes in contact with you also. Let a mighty work be done Lord.
Holly Owens and family
I can't imagine how strong you are Korrine with all you have endured. Keep fighting and know that you are loved and that so many are praying for you to be healed. I pray that this round of Chemo stops the cancer so you can begin to feel better. Your family is so amazing and I know the Lord has big plans for your future. I hope you can all feel our positive thoughts and prayers and be comforted during this difficult and scary time.
Keep livingstrong Korrine and family!
Korrine,
We know your fighting spirit is helping you through these difficult times. I know you were hoping for more of a break from the chemo... but it is needed now and we will continue to pray that it does its job.
Sean,
I know it has to be hard having Mom, Dad and Korrine gone so much. I know you are being really strong to and I want you to know that I think you are an AMAZING young man. Take care of you!
Dana and Matt,
I've looked throughout the week for some kind of quote that would say something magical. I know this has been an incredibly long week, that has tested your ability to believe in your faith and to livestrong. I just came across this found it inspiring...
"Life is a book with many chapters. Some tell of tragedy, others of triumph. Some chapters are dull and ordinary, others intense and exciting. The key to being a success in life is to never stop on a difficult page, to never quit on a tough chapter. Champions have the courage to keep turning the pages because they know a better chapter lies ahead and with God, nothing is impossible." ~unknown
YOU ARE A FAMILY OF CHAMPIONS!
Praying for healing and comfort!
hugs and love, kathy t.
I am so glad that the source of the bleeding has been found, and stopped. You have been in my prayers every day Korrine. I also pray for Mom, Dad, and your brother...may you all have stength, peace, and LOVE. BEstrong, STAYstrong, LIVEstrong, and I will continue to PRAYstrong!
You go girl, and show cancer who's boss!
SMILES TO YOU!!! Denise Ü
You are all amazing and will continue to pray for you and healing for Korrine. Thank you for the update. Many blessings to you all.
Still Praying for your peace, comfort and most of all Healing....
God bless you all. Keep up the fight Korrine. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and will remain so.
It's great to hear that the bleeding has been stopped. God has answered one prayer now we pray he answers all our prayers for your complete healing sweet girl. Your strength and the strength of your family is truly amazing. We hope and pray that this 5th round of chemo will be your last.
Stay strong Croghan family and know that we think and pray for you everyday. Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated on Korrine. We can't wait to see Korrine's smiling face very soon!
Hugs to all of you,
The Moreau Family
I am sending my strongest healing thoughts and prayers to Korrine- you are such an amazing family and your strength inspires all who have met you!
Hi Croghans,
Well praise God for the medical staff to be able to stop the bleeding. Miracles keep occurring! I continue to pray for your healing and for your rest--all of you!
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough
Korrine - You have been in our prayers and positive thoughts every spare moment of everyday. You inspire us. Keep up the hard courageous fight.
The Murphy's
Trudi, Vince, Anna, Joseph & Adam
Great news that the bleeding has stopped. Keep fighting. You are all in our thoughts.
Walt and Rena Meyers
Way to go Korrine!! It's great to hear that the bleeding has stopped. You have been through so much and I know that you, with your strength and determination, are going to beat this nasty beast!!
I pray that this will be the last bout with chemo and that you, with all of your support and God's healing hands, can be done with this battle soon. You hang tough sweetheart! Get some rest, pump your fists, and shout at the beast inside you to "get out, you won't get me, God loves me too much!"
We all love you,
Dan, Wendy, Alyssa, Jason and Trevor
Ah! Korrine is so wonderfully amazing, and I'm always thinking of her. She's so incredibly strong, and a hero to me. I'm thankful for all the doctors and praying frequently for Korrine.
We all love you!
:)
Jackie and Li Zhou
Hey there team KC,
Today is a new day with new hope! Keep fighting the good fight. You guys are a inspiration to many. I am reminded to count my blessings...I love you all.
Live Strong,PRAY HARD, Keep fighting the good fight!
I love you,
Shellee
Dear Korrine, Matt, Dana and Sean,
The amount of prayers being said for all of you are keeping Heaven busy, that's for sure!
God knows you are greatly loved Korrine, and He loves you more than all of us combined! You have touched so many lives already. You have refocused so many on what's important, on Who is in control...and God is well pleased with you, His good and faithful child.
I pray for God's peace and comfort for all of you, and His healing hand to be upon you.
Much love,
Diane
Korrine, Dana, Matt and Sean -- we are thinking of you, praying for healing and strength for Korrine through her next round of chemo and strength for all of you through this time. Keep fighting. .....The Telfords, Kathy, Steve, Kendra, Paul, Lesley and ELYSE
Still praying for the beautiful young girl I've never met. God has put you on my heart. I wake up thinking about you, and I go to bed thinking about you. Keep fighting Korrine. God is using your life in an amazing way.
Praise the Lord for answered prayers. Livestrong, Be Strong, Stay Strong in the Lord. We are continuing to pray for ALL of you. Healing for Korrine, strength for the family, and wisdom for the medical team.
Melissa, AJ and Hannah Ruth.
In my days off from work you remain in my thoughts... to a beautiful family who I have come to know and love, my prayers are with you as my hands are not there to help in this healing process! loving you!
becca =) (yay I'm so glad they could stop that bleeding!!!!)
Korrine, Sean, Dana, and Matt,
We pray for your continued strength, some comfort and much healing. Your faith and endurance during this battle are truly inspiring.
With much love,
Sal, Clelia, Anthony, Vince and Jean Opipari
Korrine - you are an inspiration to us all. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you continue on your journey. I will continue to pray for your complete healing.
Becka Schnell, Womens coach Granada swim team~ SWIMstrong!
Korrine...at 3 am your time I was awake and praying over you and your chemo. I just wanted you to know that even when you think everyone is asleep, prayers are still going up for you!
Dana...an extra hug to you today mom to mom. Love, Lorri
Korrine,
The fight you have inside of you is beyond belief, you are truly inspirational.
Love - The Larsens
Dear Korrine,
We haven't met, but God talks to me about you all the time!! Here's the verse He gave me for you this morning:
Deut. 33:26-7 - "God rides across the heavens to help you. The eternal God is your refuge, Korrine, and underneath you are His everlasting arms."
Rest in Him while the rest of us lift you up before His throne of grace.
Love In Jesus,
Denise Adams
Dear Korrine,
We haven't met, but God talks to me about you all the time, reminding me to pray for you!! Here's the verse He gave me for you this morning:
Deut. 33:26-7 - "God rides across the heavens to help you. The eternal God is your refuge, Korrine, and underneath you are His everlasting arms."
Rest in Him while the rest of us lift you up before His throne of grace.
Love In Jesus,
Denise Adams
A FUNNY THING HAPPENED TO ME THE OTHER DAY... I was recently at a store that happened to be celebrating their grand opening with my favorite kind of store bought, butter cream frosted cake! YUMMY! I took a huge corner piece with as must frosting as I could find. I waltzed around the store eating my cake smiling big and directing people where they could go and get their own delicious piece of cake! I had finished my cake and was just shopping the store and I happened by a mirror and saw my lovely, smiling reflection and stopped in my tracks. The cake was white, with white frosting, trimmed in their store color black. My mouth, teeth, tongue and lips looked like I had chewed on a black ink pen! :)
glad they stopped the bleeding and glad you are getting the BEST care available. We love you and continue believing.
Good morning Korrine,
I hope that you had a good night's rest and that you were able to get some well deserved rest as you begin round 5. My prayers are with you - I know that you will sail through the next several days with the grace and strength of the champion fighter that you are. STAY STRONG.
Our prayers continue for you all -
XOXOXO
Glenda, Richard, & Kirra
Korrine you are one strong and amazing person. We are thinking of you and praying for you and know that you will get through this. You have come so far through so much. We are all pulling for you sweetheart!
Hugs, The Cuys
Thank you for keeping all of us updated.
Korrine, you are an amazing person. Please keep fighting and living strong.
To all of you, hang in there!
We Love you Korrine!!!
Hey Korrine~
I just wanted to let you know I'm always thinking of you!! You are a great peron and I know you can make it through this.
~Morgan Bing
Hi Korrine!
I hope you're having a good day today. You're constantly in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a special young lady with amazing strength and faith. You are an inspiration to us all. Know that you are never alone and you are so loved and cherished.
Stay strong!
Love,
Sue Bakalar
Sweet Korrine,
We are praying STRONG for you each and every day! Inspiring, remarkable, amazing, courageous, beautiful, are the words that come to mind when we think of you! You are the wind beneath our wings and we love you so much! One day at a time sweetheart!
Auntie Denise & Uncle Mark
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this trying time! Know you are blessed every day and that many, many people are praying for your recovery every moment. Stay strong and hold your family love closely!! You are all so inspiring!
Korrine,
We continue to pray for complete healing and for your comfort. We know it is hard, but if anyone can do it, it is you! God is watching over you and He will help you through.
All our love and best wishes,
The Hayes Family
p.s. Matt, Dana, Sean--we are praying for you too! Let us know if we can help in any way.
To the Croghan family,
Please know that we love your family and we pray for you constantly.
Please know that Team KC is fighting and praying for you always...
Please know that GOD is there for you now and forever more.
Love and Peace,
Ben Pam James and Liz
Hey Korrine!
You are so strong! Keep fighting. Love, Anja
Korrine, Dana, Matt, & Sean,
We are praying for you all for strength and healing.
love,
April, Fabian, Sebastian, & Sophia
Korrine,
Praise God that the bleeding has stopped! We are also thanking and praising our Lord, in advance, that this 5th round of chemo is the final one, the one that takes over the cancer. Its all up hill from here! Get some rest, little one.
Love,
Ken, Donna, Ian, Hayley and Gretchen Gardner
Hey Korrine,
I talked with Gina from 103.9 the Fish today. She wants to meet you and have you say hi to all your Fish Friends that are praying for you here in Sacramento! ON THE AIR, of course! We are so happy that the source of the bleeding was found and stopped. Now it's round 5! Flash that gorgeous smile of yours and tell that Germ Cell that it has officially been evicted! There is NOT ROOM at the INN for it! We are continuing to pray. We love you, Sean and your Mom and Dad so much. Once you are strong again, we will not let time pass and friendships be neglected any longer, that is for sure!
Hug your Mom for me.
Tell your Dad that Jack wants to catch a ball game with him and Sean.
Mary just wants you to get better!
Blessings and hugs,
The Hoaglands
Jack Arla & Mary.
Hi, I don't know how to contact Matt or Dana, but I would. Awhile ago my teacher told me about Korrine. When I heard, I'd felt something I'd never felt before in my life. I've never met Korrine, but I KNOW she is a wonderfull, sweet kid. My Girlfriend knows her and tries to keep me up to date on how she is. Korrine is in mine and my families prayers everynight. For now, Korrine, stay strong and I know You'll pull through.
Dillon
Korrine,
We are in Indiana for a visit with
Mary and family, but we are dtill
there with you in prayer.
We love you and know that you are
a real trooper.
Love from Debby and Ian
Good morning Korrine...it's a new day and the chemo is hard at work in your body finding and destroying those cancer cells. The battle is the Lord's, all you need do is rest and be still. Prayers, prayers and more prayers hem you in, an army of love on the frontlines of your war! Victory to KC! Love, Lorri
Dear Korrine & Family,
We think about you daily and pray for your complete return to health. Your strength and courage through this difficult time is inspirational. You are an amazing family.
Joan, Ted & Rachel Elwell
Good Morning CutiePie!
I hope today is a good day for you. Today I pray for complete healing, as well as peace and strength for you and your family. You are an amazing warrior with such a fighting spirit. You are an such an inspiration. Know that you are never alone and are so loved and cherished.
Love and hugs to the whole family,
Sue Bakalar
Hey There Croghan family,
We love you and pray for you daily.
The Oettel
Crosby family...
Liz Ben Pam and James
I was so burdened in church this morning during worship to pray for healing for Korrine. I called on the Father who perfectly displayed Himself in Jesus, who went about healing all who came to Him.
Father, we saw in Jesus a desire and will to HEAL the sick - do it now in His name and for His Glory Lord!!!!
Korrine,
I am so happy to hear that the source of the bleeding has been found. Very sorry to hear that started your 5th round of Chemo. I am praying that this is your final round, and that god will provide you with the strength that you need and the rest that you need to continue to fight this battle. You Korrine are an extremly remarkable young lady I humbled by you and your family. Many prayers of love and healing to you and your family as you continue this battle. My god bless you and I look forward to seeing that amazing smile!
You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Heather Heffel(cargile) & family
Hi Korrine,
I'm hoping you are getting some good rest. We know that the chemo is working hard along with our prayers and positive energy to help heal you. You are an AMAZING young lady!
Sean, Dana and Matt,
Sending prayers, hugs and love your way too!
xo, kathy t.
Korrine,
I don't know who you are but my mom works with your mom and she has told me so much about you. You are my hero because through this whole time you have stayed strong, or at least tried to and I respect you so much. I just hope to god that you will get better because i really want to meet you, and I bet we could be good friends. So good luck and stay strong.
-Alyse Kline
Dear Korrine,
We hope you feel better soon! You and your family are in our thoguhts adn prayers. You can beat this!
Hi Korrine -
You remain in our thoughts and prayers and we're praying for nothing short of 100% recovery - and soon! On my way home from church this morning, I recalled past update that talked about your chemo being something like 5 days on, then you got a break. If that format still holds, and you started round 5 on Friday night, that means you only have 2 more days leff! I know the chemo SUCKS in a big way, but hang in there sweetie, you're doing great! Our prayers are with you and your family, and you're never far from our thoughts.
Matt & Dana - if there is anything that you need - anything at all, all you have to do is ask.
Loving healing prayers and hugs to all,
Glenda, Richard, & Kirra
Lord, I am praying for a miracle for Korrine. Please give heal her from the cancer. Keep her strong.
Hi Croghans,
I can't imagine how hard it must be to be going through Chemo after 4 recent surgeries. I've had plenty of knee surgeries and tend to have a couple of mellow/painful days after each. That is nothing compared to what Korrine has been through! (I feel so whimpy!!) It just helps me realize how incredible you are Korrine. You have so much more to fight for, but WOW, you are my HERO!!!
Livestrong, stay postive, and remember we are all here for all of you. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Wendy Campbell
Our prayers are with you.Live Strong!A cure will be found.Thats why we do what we do...Kathy Sorensen
Jeremiah 32:17
17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
I visist a lot of blogs on a regular basis..I have never met a person that has more people ( family, friends and most of all strangers ) pulling and praying for you. I don't know the Bible but I read this verse that someone left..I believe it is true..I am pulling for you and I don't even know you..but you must be something awful special to have so many people praying for you.
Dear Croghans,
Our Family continues to pray daily for you and for Korrine's healing and recovery.
The Hierros
Hello Korrine, Sean, Dana, and Matt,
I just want you to know that prayers are flowing your way for complete healing and peace.
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough
Dear Croghan Family,
You are all in our constant thoughts and prayers. Be strong, Korrine-you can get through this!
Love,
The McNairs
Korrine, Dana, Matt and Sean,
You are always in my thoughts and prayers and I am hoping that we will all hear some good news soon. My daughter Delaney is 5 years old and she is becoming a good swimmer at American Swim Academy in Dublin. Your staory is on a poster for all to see there. While Delaney is swimming, I pray for Korrine to be healed and I hope that the two of you can meet someday. I also hope that my daughter can be and amazing young lady like Korrine.
Stay strong in faith and love.
Love,
Cindy Vance
We continue to pray for you everyday! Be strong and know that many are behind you with love and prayers! Stay Strong!!
My children tell me everyday when I get on the computer, "Let's check on Korrine!". They want to know how you're doing and we are praying for you everyday. My 3 year old made that heart for you, and it's all glittery, just like your smile! We'd love to send or drop it off somewhere if you'd let us know where. Praising the Lord and asking him to give you strength and healing.
love,
Sarah
We pray that these surgeries have stopped the internal bleeding and Korrine's body will begin to heal and strengthen as her own blood supply becomes normal in content.
We continue to pray that your pain is under control and you are comfortable, Korrine. May this new combination of Chemo rid your body of cancer while keeping the side effects to a tolerable minimum.
We also pray for all of you to get sufficient rest and be healthy.
LiveStrong!
Love & hugs, thoughts & prayers,
Maureen, Jim, Jake & Josh
Korrine, Matt, Dana and Sean
Thinking about you this morning and hoping that you all had a peaceful weekend and were able to get some much needed rest. We hope that this round of Chemo is going smoothly and that the doctors are able to keep Korrine comfortable and not in pain or suffering anymore. We just wanted you to know how much we think about you, you are always in our hearts and our prayers.
hang in there, stay strong and keep smiling sweet girl. You have such amazing faith, a wonderful family and huge support of friends out here, together you will beat this!
Much love The Riddiough's
Dear Korrine, Dana, Matt and Sean,
We are thinking about you all each day. I hope that this weekend was restful, and that the new chemo is going to knock-out all of the bad cells. Sending our prayers and love,
Candy, Mark, Sam and Molly Johnson
As I continue to check in for new updates I am amazed and inspired by everything that you and your family has endured so far.
Keep fighting Korrine! What a strong and wonderous girl you are. My heart goes out to you all, and you are in my thoughts daily. LiveStrong! Courtney Barrett
I have shared this site with my nursing student in SO CA. They are now prayer warriors.
The Lord is holding you all in his arms healing is on its way.
Susan Yowell, RN
Korrine and Family,
I just want to let you know that you're being thought about and prayed for daily. I hope that you had a restful weekend and that the chemo isn't hitting you too hard. Stay strong!
Good Morning Beautiful!!
I'm just checking in and letting you know that I am thinking about you. Smile today, because you are special!!!
Wendy Campbell
Hey Peanut,
Hope you are doing well today. I wanted to tell you that I finally got a kitten this weekend. I took your advice and found a sweet kitty from a good home. She is black and white and is only 5 weeks old. She's SO tiny! The best thing about her is her name...I named her Kacie Croghan, because of TEAM KC! I had to name her after you because she reminds me of you soooo much. Everyone falls in love with her the second they meet her and she is such a pretty and sweet girl.
I had to teach her how to eat and drink and in the morning when she wakes up, she always falls because she forgets how to walk. She's such a good girl and sleeps thru the entire night in the little pink bed that I got her. This morning, she used her litter box for the first time. I was such a proud mom :)!
I wish I could bring her to the hospital to meet you, but she can't get any of her shots until she is a little bit older. I will bring you some pictures next time I visit.
I'm so proud of you, Korrine! I can't wait for this to be over for you. I have so much faith that you are going to take this experience and use it to help others. The world needs more people like you and that is why I know that you will defeat this cancer. Your grace and positive attitude have taught me so much about life and what is really important. You are truly an angel without wings. Stay positive...LIVESTRONG!
I love you!
Cousin Tristen
Hi Korrine...you're on the downward side of chemo now...over half way there...just a couple more days, right! I pray today that you are feeling as normal as possible.
Your cousin's kitty sounds adorable! We have a wild baby bunny out in the field and I'm trying to cature it on film. I'll send a photo if we get one!
Love, Lorri
Hi CutiePie!
Just thinking about you and wanted to wish you a happy day.
Love and prayers~
Sue Bakalar
Hi Korrine,
Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking about you and that you're in our prayers. When my dad was going through chemo, he'd tell us that when he was feeling really bad, he'd visualize something he loved doing - like flying - to get him through. When I mentioned this to Richard, he said "Korrine should visual herself getting score after score in water polo - beating her opponent - cancer." I thought that was a good visualization so I thought I'd pass it along. And you can throw good sportsmanship out the window on this game - go ahead and RUN UP THE SCORE! Let's NOT give this opponent a chance!
You and your family remain in our prayers - Stay STRONG.
Hugs,
The Thorntons
Hi Croghan Family and relatives,
Thinking of all of you today and everyday.Praying for progress in Korrine's healing that she is not in pain and is able to eat.
With love,
Jill Leon
May He give you Peace, not as the world gives..but His Peace that surpasses all understanding!
Hi Croghans!
Just the Hoaglands stopping by to say hi and we love you!
Praying, as always!
Blessings & hugs.
J, A & M
"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying,'Destroy him!'"
Deut.33:27
May you experience through His arms continued support, comfort, strengh and an inexpressible peace.
Keep trusting!
I am continuing to pray for a healing miracle!
Christina (Eileen's friend)
Hello Korrine,
I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through another round of chemo. May you continue to feel all the love which surrounds you ... let it give you and your body strength, OK? You are in my daily thoughts and prayers. I'm checking in each and every day! :)
Love and Hugs,
Cindy Brian
Good morning Korrine...one day closer to be finished with this round of chemo! Hooray! You're almost there! Always thinking of you and praying....with love, Lorri
Good morning, Croghans,
I wore my TeamKC shirt yesterday. All sorts of people stopped me to ask how Korrine was doing. You are well-loved (as you know) and we're all pulling for you. Sending waves of positive energy and love your way.
Linda Morrison
:)
Good Morning Korrine,
Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you. We've been praying that while the chemo is doing it's job of getting at the cancer cells, you are able to keep some food down and that you are getting the rest you need in order to keep up your strength. If I'm counting right and you started your Chemo on Friday, then today should be the last day of this! Great Job, Sweetie... you did it...AGAIN! What strength you have! You are a true inspiration!
Our prayers moving forward are that this round of chemo has done it's job. That you are able to qet some quality rest, and that your current path to recovery is free of any more hurdles.
You and your family remain in our thoughts and daily prayers -
Glenda, Richard, & Kirra
Hey Croghan family,
Hope today is a good day.
Cousin Tristen's note about the kitten made me cry and laugh.
Thinking of you always.
With Love,
Jill Leon
Sunny Days, Prayers, Springtime,Smiling faces, more prayers, God's Love, happy thoughts, the smell of cookies baking, prayers 24-7, laughter and love, family and friends from everywhere praying...all of these things are comin' your way pouring down and overflowing with Faith, Hope and Love. Dear Heavenly Father please heal sweet Korrine and give her and her family the utmost strength from You.
Hang in there Korrine. Hang in there mom, dad, and Sean. Love UUUUUUU Lotz! Piano girl and Choir boy
It's Wednesday, Korrine! We are headed off to church here in a little while. My girls in our MPact Clubs will have a special prayer time for you as always tonight. I just wanted to let you know that.
Blessings and hugs,
Arla
HI Korrine!
Sorry it took me so long to see your blog! boy was I missing out! =)
This is my first experience with blogs =)
your site is so beautiful it made me tear. You are such an encouragement Korrine! God is definitely being glorified through you and your family. I miss being able to visit and seeing your amazing smile that warms my heart. =) Tell your family hi for me too! I miss them as well! As always, I'm praying for you!
Keep the faith! You definitely have refreshed my goal to make "heart prints" in the lives of my patients, friends, family, strangers etc. Thank you.
love
Robyn Huey RN
Post a Comment