"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
Mother Teresa

Smile

Cancer stripped her of everything including her life but it could not steal away God's LOVE, PEACE and the JOY that radiated through her. Korrine never stopped SMILING!
Korrine Lannie Croghan

Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing

Korrine & Cancer

On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.

During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.

Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.

Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.

Team KC

The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.

Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.

Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!

*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Note From Korrine (written after her 4th round of Chemo)...

Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.

Korrine Lannie Croghan

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Keep The Blood Flowing/ Update May 15th 2008

Your blood donations are flowing into Korrine. She recieved 2 units of blood and platelets donated in her name today. It makes her feel so much better. She hopes to get some olympic blood donations to up her chances of playing water polo in the olympics someday.

Korrine has been in the hospital since April 14th. She spent over three weeks in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and last night she was moved out of the PICU to the Oncology Hematolgy floor at Childrens Hopsital UCSF. She has not eaten since the 14th of April and today she is able to eat and drink. She will remain on I.V. nutrition until she is able to eat normally.

We are seeing miracles happen and prayers are being answered. Specific prayer requests are:
-The next 3 rounds of chemo will completely destroy all her cancer and that it will never return.
-Complete healing of her liver, especially the right lobe.
-All internal bleeding will stop and never start up again.
-That her heart rate and blood pressure will return to normal.
-Complete healing of her lungs and that she will be able to use both lungs to full capacity.
-That she will live a long and healthy life and be a blessing to others.
-That she remains mentally strong and positive.

To our community, family, friends and all of Team KC. We say, Thank You for your continued prayers and support. You are making a difference in Korrine's life. Never give up!

Love,
Dana and Matt

79 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful it is to read your latest comments. Thank you for sharing and THANK YOU, Jesus for helping Korrine feel better and stronger. Extreme prayer is working!

Keep your sweet spirit goin', girl! Love U, Stephen and Rebecca

Paredez Family said...

Oh it was sooo great to hear that she is out of ICU what a blessing. Korrine I will try and hunt down that Olympic bound blood for ya girlie Love you and pray for you daily.... Katie Paredez

Anonymous said...

God is great! I am so happy to hear that Korrine could eat today and that she was moved from the PICU floor. This sounds like progress!

Thank you for the specific prayer requests. That helps me to focus!

That is wonderful that she is getting blood and platelets from the donations given in her name. I have not made it to UCSF yet, but hope to go on Sat.

Korrine continues to amaze me and and I so admire her will to live and her love for life. You are all doing a fantastic job of supporting her and I will continue to pray for complete healing. Korrine will have so much to share with others when she is better. You all make the world a better place!

Love,
Cindy Vance

Lorri said...

Praising God for what is looking very much like a miracle! I'm so glad you can EAT again! That's a huge step!

Korrine, your story is amazing to follow...thank you for sharing yourself with us.

Love, Lorri

Anonymous said...

OH that is sooo wonderful. I am so happy to hear she is out of ICU and able to eat something on her own. That much make her and all of you feel so much better... Korrine we cant wait to see your wonderful smiling face again really soon. Keep strong sweetheart you are beating this and we want you to "smoke" out this cancer( as Grant would say )and leave it in the dirt!! Garrett last night at the game said again, OH there is Sean!, his sister is the smiling one!!
Matt, Dana and Sean continue your wonderful strength and incredible everyday spirit.. We all so admire your incredible family.
We love you all very much and cant wait for your lives to be filled with peace and happiness even more once Korrine is cancer free.. Our neverending prayers will continue to go out to you and our hearts are always there.
Stay strong and keep the faith, because as you have seen 1st hand miracles do happen and are happening everyday!
Love Kevin, Tamika, Grant, Garrett and Kendra

Anonymous said...

To God be the Glory..for great things he has done!

May God continue to heal that young woman..she is truly blessed and special.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Korrine!!!!
What a GREAT update this is!!!!! We are so happy to hear you are out of ICU and eating again!!! Way to go girl!! Keep up the good work and we will keep up the positive prayers!!
Love you,
The MacLachlan family
ps - Howdy to your folks too, and tell them we said way to go also

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine and Family,
How great to hear you were able to move out of the PICU!! You are such a fighter!! You are in my daily prayers and I will continue to pray for and believe in your complete healing!!
Stay strong sweet girl.
Holly Owens

Anonymous said...

Croghi!! I am so glad you are feeling better! No matter who's blood is donated to you, Olympian blood or not, you're strong and special enough to go as far as you want with water polo! You're a Croghan!

Love and Prayers,
Mary

Anonymous said...

PRAISE BE TO GOD. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN, AND HE IS ANSWERING PRAYERS. SO HAPPY YOU ARE WELL ENOUGH TO LEAVE INTENSIVE CARE AND ARE ABLE TO EAT AND DRINK. WE WILL PRAY HARDER. JOE, LEX & JENNIFER

Sue said...

Hey CutiePie!

WHOOHOOO!!! I'm so happy to hear the news that you are able to eat, and are out of PICU. Stay strong and keep fighting and I'll keep praying for more miracles.

Many hugs and much love,
Sue Bakalar

Anonymous said...

I feel for you! i wish you all the best. my prayers go out to you! LIVESTRONG!

Denise K. said...

We will indeed be remembering your specific prayer requests, and will pray for your complete healing daily! I know this is the fight of a lifetime, and I am certain that through this experience you will emerge as a young lady ready to change the world! You already have! With love, prayers for restored health, and wishes to meet you one day, Denise Ü

Anonymous said...

Such happy news! My prayers for you will continue, Korrine. I believe you will grow up to do wonderful things in this world that needs extra special people like you!
God bless you and all your family.
Jean Rossman
(Jenn Muzzall's mom)

Anonymous said...

What a special family and encourging news. We continue to pray multiple times daily and think of your family often. I know we all say it, but what an inspriation Korrine is to us all !!!
What an inspirational and loving Mother, Father and brother as well.
God Bless !!

Anonymous said...

Korrine, You are amazing!! We hope that each day you become stronger. We know that you will do whatever you set your mind to, as you have done that so far.

Dana and Matt, you are both amazing too. We have stood in awe of how you are handling this illness and letting us all share your life. It is an honor to know all of you.....

Stu, Cindy & Kat Gary

Anonymous said...

Way to go Korrine!!! I'm so glad to hear that you have been moved and that you had something to eat. That's awesome! We'll keep praying and you keep fighting. You continue to amaze us all and I am sooooooooooo proud of you.

Get some good rest you special girl!

Wendy Campbell

Anonymous said...

Praying for more miracles! Stay strong...you are so brave, strong, and amazing. Just remember that you are loved by many! Rest, pray, and heal! Livestrong and stay strong!

Anonymous said...

AHHH Korrine! WAY TO GO! Nutrition is so important! Eat up girl! It's good to hear that progress is happening. God is at work. He has a plan.

"This is God's Word on the subject: "As soon as this enemy cancer's time is up, I'll show up and take care of you as I have promised and bring you back to health. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out -- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's decree.
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 (The Message, personalized for Team KC)

Team KC - I know we are serious. I know we want this more than anything else. God's promise says we won't be disappointed.

Blessings & hugs,
Arla

Anonymous said...

We have an almighty God! I was talking with a friend about whether he had heard how you were doing. I shared with him how our son was healed of a terrible seizure disorder (documented miracle) while hospitalized at UCSF when he was ten....we talked of the faithfulness of an all powerful God...I went upstairs to check the blog (which has become my screen saver) and found the update!
Keep TRUSTING as we keep praying!
christina :0)

Anonymous said...

The angels are hearing our calls! We continue to pray that further healing, strength and peace be provide to you, Korrine~~La Familia Cortez

Anonymous said...

I'm O- and will be at the UCSF Blood Center tomorrow to give blood specifically for Korrine. I may not be an Olympian, but I hike with my dog regularly and try to stay in fairly good shape! Korrine, I am SO proud of you for 'living strong' through all of the adversity that has come your way.

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better! Saying prayers daily for you and knowing that you'll beat this forever! You're one strong young girl! God Bless

Anonymous said...

Thank You GOD!! It is so good to hear! We are so greatful for Your grace Lord! Keep Korrine strong Lord! Hold her to You! We give You glory and honor. Thank You Jesus! Continue to heal Korrine! Amen!
Dave.

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear of these miracles happening daily - God has given you incredible strength, Korrine! We never stop praying for you and your family. Our little boy, Anders (3 years old), even checks in on you and watches your slideshows and videos on the blog. We're trusting God for healing in your body and strength in your spirit tonight.
Caryn & Leif Bostrom

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

You are already such a blessing to others and will continue to be through the years! Livestrong - you are amazing and we have an awesome God who loves you so much. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

There are tears of joy in the Gilbert house tonight! We are so thankful! The Croghan family is precious and dearly loved by so many, and just so ya know, there's no olympian around that can measure up to Korrine! You rock girl!!

We love you!

The Gilberts

Anonymous said...

Korrine - We are so glad you are feeling better and were able to eat something. That's wonderful! Your strength amazes us and keeps us fighting with you in thoughts and prayers. We know that by the grace of God more miracles will come.

Matt and Sean - it was nice to see you guys at school briefly tonight. We just wanted to say we are thinking about you and Korrine.

We love you all.

The Spences

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine,
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!
We do believe in miracles.
Love with continued prayers,
Debby and Ian

Anonymous said...

Hey there Croghan family,

Yea! I am so glad that our young strong lady can eat!

Let us know when she is eating hamburgers, onion rings and french fries.

Peace and Love,

Crosby Oettel Family

Anonymous said...

Sweet Korrine, I know God is listening to all the prayers we are giving him. Brett and I come to your blog everyday to read the latest updates. So happy to hear you are out of ICU. We will continue to pray for you and just want to let you know your courage and will to fight has touched my heart in a way that words cannot describe.

LIVESTRONG!!

Love,
Brett, Stephanie, and Makayla Rauscher

Anonymous said...

Iron Man, Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman? Their powers are nothing compared to yours Korrine. YOU are the true Super Hero! Nothing outshines your smile. Keep fighting that cancer you brave, strong, beautiful girl. I'm prayin' for you, LiveSTRONG!
Courtney Barrett

Denise Adams said...

How great is our God!! So happy to hear you're eating and out of ICU. Keep waiting on Him, resting in Him, Korrine, He is mighty to save and He will be your strength.

Praying for you every day,
Denise Adams

Lorri said...

Good morning Korrine...what breakfast did you get today? I bet even hospital food tastes good to you now!

I finally got the photo of our baby bunny up on my blog - take a peak if you are surfing the web today.

You will be home soon!

Love, Lorri

Sue said...

Good Morning Croghan Family!!

Just wanted to check in before I head out of town for a long weekend. You'll be in my thoughts (especially since I'm headed to the beach) and in my prayers. I hope you continue to get stronger and are able to enjoy more and more food and drink over the upcoming days. You're my hero, CutiePie. Keep fighting!

Love and prayers,
Sue Bakalar

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine and family,
So glad to hear that you are out of the PICU - what wonderful news! I did go to donate blood and platelets, but unfortunately I wasn’t a match for either – however, my O+ blood was donated for someone else to use in Korrine’s name. Korrine, you continue to amaze us with your strength and courage. You and your family remain in our daily prayers. Stay STRONG!
Hugs,
Glenda, Richard & Kirra Thornton

Anonymous said...

Of course we will NEVER give up praying for Korrine! What awesome news to hear that she is out of ICU and is able to eat and drink! Praise God for the constant miracles in her life! Be strong, Korrine, be strong! Sending big hugs to all of you...
We miss you all,
Dave, Laura, Ian and Mikayla McNair

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! "Thank you Lord"...
Stay strong, Korrine, because you have so many people you've never met praying for your full recovery. You are incredible! You will overcome. See you at Relay.
Sue

Anonymous said...

God is great and miracles are evident. Thank you for giving us specific prayer requests. You are all always in my thoughts and prayers.
Wishing you much love, strength and peace,
Victoria

JanG said...

Korrine,
Olympics?! You have already won every Gold Medal in my mind! But we can't wait to see you play waterpolo in the High School league soon (even if it is for Granada instead of LHS!:))

Praying Strong,
Love, Janice

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the good news! God is being bombarded with prayers for you, Korrine, and we are seeing that He listens. I, too, went to UCSF to donate blood and/or platelets yesterday. Unfortunately, my blood is not the same type and they said that my veins were not "good" enough to donate platelets. However, I did donate a unit for someone else to use in your name. I hope you can get some real food in you soon and can get some much needed rest.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Korrine,
I am so blown away by your strength and fighting spirit. The Lord is truly watching out for you and answering our prayers. Stay Strong.
Dearest Dana,
You are my hero. Your faith and love for your family and concern and encouraging words to others is just one of the many things I admire in you.
Matt,
You are the rock of your family. You are the loving, kind, caring father that every father should aspire to be.
Sean,
You are one incredible kid. Hope to see you around the pool real soon.
I miss you all so much. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.
Your Friend always,
Joy

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome news!!! Made me so happy to hear that you are finally out of ICU! You are doing so great korrine =D. hopefully things keep looking up for you. I think of your healing and strength everyday. You have an awesome set up of care and loving and prayers. Heres a big hug for you and your family.
<3 always,
Jeremy and Karen Eastman (=D)
ill have to send you pics of the wedding. it turned out beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what wonderful news and answer to prayers that Korrine has moved out of PICU and is able to eat. We will keep those prayers and well-wishes coming. Thank you for the updates, and we look forward to more good news soon. Love to all, Candy, Mark, Sam and Molly Johnson

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

I am so proud of you! You are the strongest person I have ever and probably will ever meet. I am honored to call you my cousin and I love you so much.

I know you will never quit, but keep fighting and each baby step will eventually have you back in the pool!

Team KC:

Thank you for giving of yourselves emotionally, spiritually, financially, and even physically by donating blood. Korrine literally has a piece of many of you in her heart and she is alive today because of you and God's miracles. Thank you for giving my cousin the priceless gifts of PRAYER, LOVE & LIFE!

LIVESTRONG & Always Stay Positive! She's a Croghan and she will beat this cancer!

Tristen Croghan

JanG said...

Luke Gutierrez, Keith Testerman, Matt Hawkins, Chris Dunn and David Biczkow (AKA the band "One Way Trip") are playing a gig in your honor tonight, covering your song, "Calling all Angels" and wearing Team KC T-Shirts. Keep fighting dear Korrine, we are rocking for you tonight!

Love and Prayers from the band!

Anonymous said...

Korrine --

Tomorrow at Cal Poly it's Relay for Life, and I'm walking for you girl! You stay strong, and we'll keep up the faith!!!!

Lesley

Anonymous said...

Hey we praying for you and looking so forward to the miracles God is going to continue to do in and through your life. I just got one year cancer free and look forward to when you are on your feet strong and healthy. Prayerfully the West family Dublin :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Weekend, Korrine! I hope you are enjoying getting physical food in you. We are thinking of you and as always, you were a big part of our morning prayer today.

Have a blessed and beautiful weekend, knowing that so many are loving you!

Blessings & hugs,
The Hoaglands
J, A & M

Anonymous said...

Embrace the prayers and that they continue to work miracles! Moving out of ICU is such an awesome feeling for us to know you're on your way back to us with your smiling face!

staySTRONG & Virtual Hugs,
The Heinz Family

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
We are checking in on you every day (actually a couple times a day) and just wanted you to know that you have motivated, inspired and united a community and people across the globe. You have brought an amazing strength to people you have never met (and of course to those you have!) and have drawn so many back to Jesus. You have broadened peoples awareness of cancer and you have been a blessing in the midst of your own trial. You are amazing and an inspiration. Please know we continue to pray for you and your family daily. Stay strong!!
The Bauer Family
(Rick, Corey, Paige and Brandon)

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

The latest news is GREAT! I'm happy to hear you have moved out of PICU and are starting to eat. That is an answer to many of our prayers.

I am sure you would rather be out of the hospital than just on another floor. Remember though, that they are helping you to get stronger and all the yucky germs outside just wouldn't be good right now.

You are an amazing young lady and your fighting spirit is truly inspiring people throughout the world!

Keep up the good work... I know there are days it isn't easy. Give Mom and Dad a hug for me too!

hugs and love, kathy t.

Anonymous said...

Dear Korrine,

God is shining through your life as you fight this disease! We are all praying and growing as we check on your progress along the way. It is so good to know what to specifically pray for, and to see all that God has already done. Your strength amazes all of us!! We pray alone for you, we pray together for you, and it is good to have so many lift their hearts towards Heaven and draw close to the Father, united as the body should be!
God loves you very much!!
Diane Shore

Lorri said...

Good morning Korrine...praying today finds you growing in health and strength. Keep us updated on your progress so we can cheer you every little step of the way.

I think of you all the time and look forward to your day of being released and going HOME!

Love, Lorri

Anonymous said...

Hi Croghan Family!

I hope and pray that you are all doing well this weekend. Yesterday, my family and I went to San Francisco. I donated blood in your name Korrine and will call next week to see if it was a match to yours. I hope so! They were not sure that I could donate platelets because my veins were not very large. My daughter was afraid for me to donate blood, but I assured her it was easy. She was so amazed that we were right near the same hospital that you are in Korrine!

I am getting ready for church soon and I will be saying many prayers for you all! I will praise God for the many miracles that have helped you in your fight and ask for more!

Love,
Cindy Vance

Anonymous said...

Korrine you are in our prayers just keep fighting it

Janet Hemmig said...

Hello Sweet Girl,

Hope you are feeling better and stonger every day. It was so good to hear that you are eating. There were a lot of Team KC shirts out at the GLL fields yesterday. It was an awesome sight to see. So many people are pulling for you sweetheart. Stay strong! We love you! Kyle, Janet & Chad

Anonymous said...

Good morning Korrine,
Just checking in to let you know that you remain in our prayers. We hope the "real food" that you are able to eat is helping you to regain some strength, that your fever is down and that your lungs continue to heal while you defeat this beast called cancer. Hang in there - you're doing great! As for your need for Olympic Blood - Richard was an Olympian so we're working to get him over to UCSF for that blood donation - I'll let you know how it goes!
Thinking and praying for you,
The Thornton's.

Christamae said...

I am new to this site-got the link from Colton Meyer's page. UCSF is an awesome hospital (my hospital) and the PICU my usual spot. I am glad that you are out of there though. Are you enjoying Bingo on Thursdays? Child Life is great, huh? I love your smile and infectious spirit. You have a lot of spunk and positive attitude. I wish you the best on this journey.

:),
Take care,
Christamae www.caringbridge.com/ca/oellacz
Ones Who Care

Sue said...

Hi Korrine!

Hope you are gaining some strength and feeling better.
We went to San Luis Obispo this weekend and they had the Relay for Life going up at Cal Poly! Besides our trip to the ocean, that Relay for Life sure reminded us of you. :)
You remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
Sue Bakalar

Anonymous said...

You are so wonderful. Keep fighting Korrine. Love Love Anja

Daniel Gutierrez said...

Hi Crogans - Here is the link to One Way Trip's Team KC gig....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLgiZm7VTY4

We're calling on angels with you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Korrine,

It's Sunday afternoon and HOT here in Livermore! Just wanted to let your know that though we have never met, you and your family are always in our thoughts and prayers. I was so consumed with praying for you and your famly that I forgot to mention how my family heard of your struggle.

I am a new yard duty supervisor at Smith School, my son, Cameron, is in third grade at Smith, my daughter, McKenna, will begin kindergarten at Smith in the fall, and I currently teach pre school at Holy Cross. Also, my husband, Steve, is friends with Stephen and Rebecca Roberts. It seems everyone knows your wonderful family and I see people wearing TEAM KC shirts frequently in Livermore and Pleasanton. You are loved!

Just wanted to let you know that we are always thinking of you and praying for your health and well being.

Love,
Torri, Steve, Cameron and McKenna Nagy

Anonymous said...

Eventhough we don't know Korrine directly...we know whether she actually receives the Olympian blood or not it's already in her! She's already an athlete as strong as an Olympian!!!!!!! Stay strong and know you have reached soooo many people and we are all praying for you...remember GOD LISTENS!!!!!
The Linney family

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

WOW, I just watched One Way Trip's you-tube song dedicated to you and it was beautiful! They did great and had YOU as a wonderful inspiration!

Hope your Sunday was good. My daughter, Becky is out staying with us tonight as she has her UCSF clinic appointment tomorrow morning. It is almost 9 months since her kidney transplant and she is doing well.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers out to you and your family.

hugs and love, kathy t.

Anonymous said...

This is great news! We will continue to keep the prayers coming and will focus on the specific requests. God bless you all! Jamie Ricketts

Janet Hemmig said...

Chad & I just watched the video by "One Way Trip". ROCK ON! That is so cool. We just loved it. Hope you are feeling better & stronger today.

Love, Janet & Chad

Anonymous said...

We're so happy to hear about your progress! I got to see your Mom last week. She is such a shinning light and a great example of the Mom we would all like to be.
We are praying for your continued healing this week.
Take care and STAYSTRONG.
Love,
The Opipari's

Anonymous said...

Korrine and all the Croghans,

You are such an inspiration! I know it's been said many times, but you already have Olympian blood running in your veins. You've made an olympian effort and you continue to do so. Stay strong. You are so loved,

Linda Morrison

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear of your good news. Blessings to all and prayers continue!
Blessings too for all those willing and able to donate blood in your behalf.
You're all examples of God's love at work here on earth.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Croghan Family,


I just watched the youtube video! Loved it!

I will be sending the link to everyone I know...

Love and Peace and Prayers,

Liz Ben Pam and James

Rosalyn said...

Hi Korrine,
It's another beautiful day and it can hardly wait to have you outside again. Still, praying, loving, believing and living in hope -
Rosalyn

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
You are an inspiration! I am thrilled that you are out of ICU. I have been thinking of you daily and praying for you. Yesterday was my birthday, and when I blew out my candles, YOU were the only wish that came to mind too. : - )

I don't really know you, but when my son tried water polo last fall, I remember seeing you at the pool, and remember that you had a light about you -- a cheerful, strong attitude. It does not surprise me at all that you are such a fighter!

Also, my daughter is a 6th grader at Mendenhall and has written you some cards and poems.

We all think of you often, and are honored to be part of your team in our small way.

Stay strong! We'll keep up the prayers and positive thoughts!

(Just realized I have to stay anonymous or my birthday wish may become invalid! : ) )

Anonymous said...

Korrine,
I am so happy to hear that you are out of the ICU and able to eat again. I will continue praying and sending you healing thoughts. Hang in there bright and beautiful girl..you are amazing!

Lorri said...

Hi Korrine...I had some appointments today and didn't get to log on this morning as usual. But that doesn't mean I wasn't thinking of you and praying for you, I still was! Especially at my physical therapy appointment when I noticed the LIVESTRONG binder on the shelf and i didn't feel like doing my exercise. I thought of you and lived strong!

Hope you had a good day and that you are continuing to rebuild your health. Love, Lorri

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Just checking in and to let you know that our prayers for you and your family continue. The video dedicated to you on YouTube was very cool!
Love to all,
The Thornton's

Sue said...

Hi Croghan Family~

Thinking of you and keeping you all in my prayers. Stay strong, CutiePie and know that I'm sending good vibes, hugs, prayers and much love to you. Thank you for touching so many lives and bringing us together. You are a bright and shining star.

Love,
Sue Bakalar

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday Korrine!

Loving you and praying for you today as always.

Blessings & hugs,
The Hoaglands,
J, A & M

Anonymous said...

Korrine,

As I signed online with AOL, I saw a sports comment about a cancer survivor. Jon Lester, of the Boston Red Sox threw a no-hitter tonight. At 24 years old he is a cancer survivor and a no-hitter is a big deal.

Makes me think of the future when we'll be reading about YOU as an Olympic water polo player... cancer survivor!

You are so amazing and I'm hoping this week brings you strength and a good appetite.

hugs and love, kathy t.