"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
Mother Teresa
Cancer stripped her of everything including her life but it could not steal away God's LOVE, PEACE and the JOY that radiated through her. Korrine never stopped SMILING!
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Note From Korrine (written after her 4th round of Chemo)...
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Korrine will continue to stay at the ICU ward at UCSF Children's Hospital . She has has been placed on a new chemotherapy protocol and has completed 3 days out of four for this round. Korrine is still receiving oxygen via a nasal cannula due to her collapsed lung and the doctors have taken her off of high flow today. The nurses and doctors are closely monitoring Korrine's blood counts and are administering platelets and red blood when needed.
When you visit her blog, please pray and send positive thoughts her way. Korrine really needs it and prayers are being answered everyday. We all know that her healing will be at God's speed and not our speed. Pray that her heart rate will decrease and that her breathing will continue to get better. Continue to pray that her nights will be restful. Also pray that her fevers will subside and that this cancer will disappear from her life forever. She is truly amazing. She continues to impress all the specialists that have come to know her. We are so proud of the way she has handled the past few weeks. She is the most courageous person we have ever met.
Love
Matt and Dana
117 comments:
Korrine IS an amazing and courageous person! LiveSTRONG little one! And remember God Listens!
Fondly,
The Linney family
Dear Korrine,
We have never met, but I wanted you to know that I have been praying for you constantly. I am praying for complete healing and restoration to your body, wisdom and compassion for the doctors and nurses, and the "Lords peace and strength" for your family. I believe in the power of prayer.
Remember, you are a daughter of the "KING".
In "His" love,
a praying friend
Thank you for the update!
You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
We hope that everyday you will grow stronger.
The Young family
Go Team KC!!
Wow! Korrine is one tough Chickie! She continues to amaze me! You go girl.... fight with all your might, beautiful!
Alisa "Scribblez" Scribner
Sweet girl -
You are a true warrior and you will kick this thing! Please know we are thinking about you ALL THE TIME and sending you all of our love, prayers for healing and lots of hugs.
We love you!
Cristi, Kevin, Jason & Ryan
Dear Korrine,
We have never met. I was forwarded your site and I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for your healing. You are an amazing young lady and I know that God has wonderful things in store for you. Stay strong and know that someone in TX is praying for you!
Thank you for the update about Korrine. I am constantly praying for a complete healing. Korrine you are doing great! Get some rest sweet girl.
Hi Korrine,
We are thinking and praying for you every day. You are so amazing. You are teaching us all how to LiveSTRONG every day. We are sending positive energy to surround you and heal you.
Love, Kyle, Janet & Chad
Hey CutiePie!
You are one incredibly amazing young woman. I have learned so much from you already, and know you have so much more to teach us. I pray daily for peaceful rest for you as well as complete healing and have faith that it will come. Sometimes we can't see what His plan is for us, but we keep believing. He is doing wonderful things through you, and He will bring you through this.
Much love to you and your family!
Sue Bakalar
Korrine is the most courageous person I have ever and NEVER met.
I don't know her personally but I am a friend of a friend. I am inspired by this strong young lady..
GOooooo K*O*R*R*I*N*E!!!!!!
Your team has been feverishly praying for YOU. In fact, last night about 2 or/and 3 am (I was up a bit) God brought you to mind and I prayed for you (again!!!). I have never met you but have been following your blog since almost day one when a friend who knows you asked me to pray for you. I check several times a day and your journey has truly touched my heart!!
Meanwhile, I have forwarded this so others can be praying too.
You really are AMAZING!!! You are in good hands-GOD'S!! I am also thankful for all the wonderful medical care you have been getting and I pray complete healing for you. May your body stay strong to F*I*G*H*T along with the chemo & all the prayers being said for you. May God continue to give you (and your strong family) what you all need for TODAY!!
In addition to the strength you get from God, from prayers, from your family & friends, I just was reminded how tough YOU must be from all that hard training to be a great water polo player.
I went back to college late in life several years ago(I was like 40yrs+) and I tried out water polo (I like to swim and I am athletic-or so I thought). Can I say YIKES?!?!
O'my! Talk about HARD!
No wonder, you were born to LIVESTRONG, it runs deep within you-came from your parents. Lean into our loving God and don't give up-know you have so many people who are praying for you & lifting you up in this tough "period" for you.
You are loved.
Celia
Korrine, We hold you up and pray for you!
Love the Kroeckel's, our friends, family and even co-workers (sharing your story, they realized they know your Uncle Mark and Aunt Denise!) are praying for you! You are so amazing!
Dana... I love you and am here for you always! Chris
Korrine,
You are an inspiration to many of us. I continue to pray for your complete healing and comfort. God bless you, sweet girl.
Hi Korrine...prayers keep coming from the Rocky Mountains! I captured a photo of the baby bunny tonight and will send you an email with the photo soon.
I love seeing your new slideshow on the blog. It won't be long until you are swimming and having fun with friends again!
Love, Lorri
Dear Matt, Dana, Korrine & Sean,
We completely understand that being by Korrine's side is your highest priority, so we are thankful for the update. Great news that she's less dependent on oxygen, and we will pray that her lungs continue to grow stronger.
We send our love and all good thoughts as Korrine completes this new chemo sequence and we hold faith that she will regain her strength and require fewer transfusions.
We're thankful that she is receiving around-the-clock care and we hope you all have a restful, healing night and that you feel peaceful and uplifted in the morning light.
Korrine - you are incredibly strong and beautiful in all ways! Keep fighting and remember how many people are holding you close every minute and praying for you and your family.
Love,
The Morgans
S., V., C., S., A. and K.
Korrine
I also have a daughter Caryn whom your family knows. I have been following your progress and you have amazing strength from our Lord to keep up your faith and strengthen all those who have been touched by you. May you have peace in your heart and know you are loved and when you don't have the strength to pray yourself-many others are reaching out in your behalf. thank you for for your inspiration and positive attitude about life
Korrine,
This is the first time I've left a message, but I want you to know that we've been following your blog and have been praying for you everyday. I haven't seen you since you were little, when you and your family had Christmas dinner at my parents house (Debbie and Ian Thomas). But we remember you well, and are now so inspired by your courage.
Beth and Steve Granger
I’m so sorry to hear about your collapsed lung – I had a dear friend that had her lung collaspe a few times when she was sick and she said it was like breathing through the smallest straw imaginable. But, she always knew she was getting a bit better when the doctors would lower her O2 flow. Since your doctors have taken you off of the high flow O2 – that’s a very positive step!
I know I mentioned earlier about visualizing yourself in a water polo game scoring against your cancer, but since we need your heart rate to come down, maybe we should have you visualize something less aerobic! Something calming … how about a nice calm day at the beach? It’s a sunny day, with just the smallest breeze so that it’s not too hot, and the sand is warm between your toes. You’re sitting under a big beach umbrella with your friends, laughing and giggling as you tell each other jokes and stories, all while drinking down some nice cold lemonade. Your Mom is off to the side of you – giving you the privacy you want with your friends, but still close enough if you should need anything. She’s reading a good book and every now and then you both look up, catch each other’s eyes and smile. Your dad is with Sean, playing in the water getting all wet. When suddenly, they run up from the shore - they stop just short of the beach blanket - smile and then shake like dogs in order to get you and your friends wet! You all scream, but secretly, you love the fact that they’re spraying you with water! It’s a perfect day.
I hope and pray that you have a restful night’s sleep, that your heart rate slows, your fever drops, and that you begin to feel better real soon. It may not feel like it, but you’re doin’ great! And while you may not feel very strong, you have more strength in you than anyone I’ve ever met!
You and your family remain in our prayers.
Hugs to all,
The Thornton’s
Hey Korrine,
I'm glad for you that this round of chemo is almost done for a bit! We are praying SO strongly for it to do it's work and for you to be CANCER FREE, and totally healed! We love you!
We found a picture when we were looking at some of Mary's albums of you, Mary, Cassidy & Jessica at Centrikid 2003 ! I sent it to you at your gmail address. Hope you enjoy it! You guys were SOOO CUTE! Now you are all very BEAUTIFUL young ladies.
I hope you and Mary can spend some time together soon.
Blessings & Hugs,
The Hoaglands,
J, A & M.
Hey Korrine,
I'm glad for you that this round is almost done for a bit! We love you!
We found a picture of you, Mary, Cassidy & Jessica at Centrikid 2003 when we were looking at some of Mary's albums! I sent it to you at your gmail address. Hope you enjoy it! You guys were SOOO CUTE! Now you are all very BEAUTIFUL young ladies.
I hope you and Mary can spend some time together soon.
Blessings & Hugs,
The Hoaglands,
J, A & M.
Korrine,
You are always in my prayers and you continue to amaze me.
You are the strongest person I have ever met and an inspiration to a lot of people.
LiveSTRONG,
Madison Bernstein
Praying for strength and endurance. Praying for easier breathing and rest. Praying for you Corrine that you may feel the love of those around you as well as those who are surrounding you with prayer.
Korrine you are one amazing little girl. Continue to livestrong and we will continue to pray hard for you for complete healing.
Matt, Dana and Sean you guys are also such an amazing family and Korrine is so lucky to have you. You all continue to amaze us with your strength through all of this
GOD will answer all of our prayers and heal your sweet daughter/sister.
Keep the faith and know that there are so many of us out here praying for and loving her! thank you again for the updates and hope this last bout of chemo kills this cancer.
Much love
The Riddiough's
Korrine,
You have been in my prayers. Even though I have never met you, I think you are one of the most courageous persons I know of. So many people are praying for you and you are truly God's warrior....keep fighting the good fight. God loves you and will keep you in his arms. Let him comfort you.
Korrine
you are so amazing and i am so proud of you. keep fighting!!
Paige Bauer
We have never met but I was forwarded your site as well. I and my family have been praying for you, for your family and for your doctors. You are a very strong person, you provide much inspiration and your constant faith is amazing.
Your friend in faith and belief!
Dear Korrine,
I "took you with me this past weekend to Lexington Kentucky" As I looked out upon the beautiful meadows and looked upon all The Lord had renewed after a harsh winter it reminded me of how He is healing you and renewing you. Friends told me that just several weeks ago all had been frozen and dead but now the blooms on the dogwood were all over and the grasses and trees so green, and so it will be with you. Now you have new friends in Ohio and Kentucky praying for you and your story is going even further and ministering to many. Bless you sweet one you are making a difference in many lives. I will hold you close in prayer even at night as he wakes me up to pray for you
bless you
sandi kellman
a friend of your Aunt Denise
Hang in there Korrine ! Your pain and suffering is only temporary. Your strength will get you through this. I have been visiting your webpage every day for my own strength. Your strength is so inspiring. God Bless You ! I am sending prayers and angels :)
Dear Korrine,
We haven't met before, but I wanted to make sure you knew that I think you are REALLY AMAZING. Keep it up and LiveSTRONG!!!
Dear Korrine,
I spoke to a friend in Hawaii today and she informed me that she has a prayer chain going for you way over there. Don't give up, we won't give up - Praying strong for you and not giving up!!
The Hendersons
Yay Korriney Girl! All I can say is your determination is FABULOUS. I shared with your dad about Curious George and his determination when all of this stuff began with u...keep up the good work and stay determined to win this thing and kick it. It reminds me of a hike I took up Mission Peak recently. I was determined to make it to the top, and I finally did it. It was a fight, but I made it and oh the rewards when I reached to the top. Fight girl...fight it and keep the Armor of God on. Love you guyz...
I Lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? It comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121
Hugz, Steve and Bec
God bless you, Korrine, and help you to LIVESTRONG! Prayers are coming your way from coast to coast! You are a beautiful young lady and an inspiration to all.
J. Rossman
Korrine,
Keep it up sweetheart! You are an amazing fighter and such an inspiration to all of us. We are with you constantly in prayer and thought. You rock!
With love and hugs!
The Cuys
Hi Korrine and family,
Greetings from Sacramento! We haven't posted before, but wanted to let you know that we check your blog everyday and are praying constantly for you. We've never met you or your family, but feel like we know you. I've also passed on your blog to my prayer warrior sisters and brothers in Christ and they are praying for you, too! What an amazing young lady you are!!
We are so thankful for all the answered prayers so far and look forward to hearing more in the near future. We are praying that your body will get the rest it needs and that you feel God's love and peace as you progress each day. You are His special child and He cares for you and your family!!
We are also praying for strength for your family as they are by your side and that God will provide for all their needs and give them rest.
Love, Ruby, Katie & Alex
Korrine:
May I just call you superman? You're such a trooper and can fight through virtuallly ANYTHING!!! I look up to you for guidance. You are truly and AMAZING person, and I love you with my whole heart!
Prayers and thoughts always,
Alex Accornero & family
Korrine-
All of Livermore, and especially the Joe Michell community, has you in their thoughts. We are in 110% support of your mission in livingSTRONG.
Our family continues to pray that angels surround you bringing peace, comfort, and healing~~La Familia Cortez
Hi Korrine,
We continue to pray and think of you and your family everyday. God Bless!
Always,
The Nagy Family
Korrine-
We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You are truly livingSTRONG!
God Bless you and your family!
The Reddicks
Hi Korrine,
It's so good to hear the recent updates from your site, and also from your Aunt Denise. There are so many praying for you. Today as I stopped to see my kids/grandkids in Pleasanton, I got out of the car and met the neighbor who was leaving. She asked about you and said to tell you even people in Holland are praying for you! Truly we are seeing prayers being answered, and you are an inspiration to many.
You are fighting the good fight, you are keeping the faith, you are running the race! AMEN!!
May God continue to heal you and bring you and your family peace as you wait upon Him.
Diane Shore
Korrine,
Although we have never me, I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers each and everyday. You have a friend in San Antonio, Texas that is in complete ah of you. You redefine strength and perseverance. You inspire me! Dream princess, and know that He has you wrapped in His arms...He will protect and heal you!
Your friend,
Kerrie Price
Korinne,
You are in my thoughts, keep fighting and stay positive!
Caitlin
I had a vision of you today. I was seeing (imagining?) you as a young woman, totally having gone on with your life. Totally without cancer. It was awesome. I saw/imagined you standing in a bright, sunny, kitchen, about 22 yrs old, taller, and preparing something like salad, with a song in your heart and not a care in the world except for the person you might be making the salad for....:) We love you.
You are such an inspiration to all that love you and continue to pray for you. LIVESTRONG and know you are supported by many! I know soon all our prayers will be answered, especially your parents and you will be healed! Rest and heal!
Korrine, your strength continues to amaze me. You can do anything! I'm praying for complete healing, for your doctors to use their abilities to take care of each issue that comes your way, and for continued strength for your family. We are all praying and sending lots of positive thoughts your way many times each day. Rest and heal, sweetie. Love,
Candy, Mark, Sam and Molly Johnson
All the way from Biola University, we join hands to declare diving healing in the name of Jesus. We release a fresh outpouring of God's love upon your life. May all anxieties be cast down at the feet of the cross!! Father we thank you for the divine healing and we thank you for the releasing of cancer from her life!! As we walk in child like faith, Father, we give you all the praise!! Blessings!! Much love!!
Dear Korrine,
Wow! You and your family are such an inspiration to others. May God continue to watch over you and bring you to complete healing!
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough
Hi Korrine!!
We are all praying and thinking about you! Ana and I were on the east coast last weekend playing water polo at Nationals. Our team receieved first in the nation and we were thinking of you the entire time. You are such an inspiring person. You are so strong, I wouldn't want to have to play against you in a pool! Keep fighting courageously and maintaining your strong faith! You are truly amazing and loved!
Love and prayers,
Mary Rosa
Korrine,
We are so proud of you. You are our first thought (and prayer) when we rise in the morning and the last though of the day. Last night I was woken from a dead sleep at 4am to pray for you and for your family. I hope that time of prayer gave allowed you that much more time of very restful sleep. Keep fighting Korrine. Stay stong entire Croghan Family...there is a huge team of warriors on the front line in prayer on your behalf!
Corey Bauer and entire Bauer Family
I am so proud of you Korrine and amazed by your strength and fighting spirit! I am glad that this round of Chemo is nearly over and I pray that it does the job and stops this cancer in its tracks.
I am so amazed by how many people all over the world are praying for you and I know that God is too! He is listening and knows how much you are loved. I pray for many more miracles for you and your wonderful family.
Rest well Korrine and keep growing stronger.
Love,
Cindy Vance
Dear Croghans,
I pray for you everyday and I see evidence of the many prayers being answered. Thank you again for taking the time to keep your prayer warriors updated.
Korrine, staySTRONG sweetie...you have sooooo many people in your corner that love you.
With much love and great faith,
Victoria
Hi Korrine. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Your candle is burning bright. Tonight we ask for peace and comfort for you and your family.
Korrine and Family,
You are a wonderful girl with a very special family and your power and courage are amazing. We are continuing to pray for you and wish that each day brings you strength, comfort and healing.
You are in our thoughts every day.
Stay Strong!
The Spence Family
Dear Croghan Family,
YOU ARE ALL COURAGEOUS WARRIORS!
Yes, KORRINE is the fighting warrior! She is our first thought and prayer of the day... and the last thing we think about and pray for... before falling asleep each night. She is inspiring more people than you could ever know... to LIVESTRONG and STAY POSITIVE!
SEAN is the young warrior! His love for Korrine is ever-present and I know it encourages her fighting spirit. Sean too, shows us how to LIVESTRONG and STAY POSITIVE!
DANA and MATT... the parent warriors! It is so very hard for us as parents when we are not be able to "fix things and make them all better." We are supposed to be able to do that... often with just a simple kiss. You have educated us and allowed us to share this journey... and I am sure it is not always easy to do.
I truly hope that you can feel what I see (at Canyon and in the CVUSD community)... never-ending prayers for Korrine's healing.
Dear Croghan Warriors... you are LOVED by many!
hugs and love, kathy t.
You motivate us all. Korrine, I wish you strength and power in your courageous fight. Beat this thing!
Linda Klinke
I wore my Team KC shirt on Sunday, and as soon as I got into the car to drive home from church, "Calling All Angels" came on the radio. I don't believe in coincidences, but I do believe in miracles. I know God is watching over you very closely and I, like hundreds of others, pray for you every day.
Dear Korrine:
We have never met, but I wanted you to know that we are praying for you every day!! God is bigger than cancer and He will get you through this! Keep fighting.
The Hays family
Phoenix, Arizona
Hi Korrine,
I have you in my prayers and thoughts daily. I check your blog every day and I am amazed to see how many loved ones, friends and most of all people who don't even know you who are praying constantly for your complete recovery. God is listening Korrine. Our prayers will not stop for you and your family.
Kris McGinty (Nicole Larsen's Mom)
Dear Korrine,
It must feel like you have been fighting and trying to be strong for such a long time and I am so proud of all the Croghans. I don't know where you get the strength and courage that you have. I imagine it just happens. I have to believe that when God gives us these challenges there is a reason and this is where faith comes in. I am so proud of you Korrine and I am so sorry that this has happened to you, it seems so unfair.I also have to believe that GOD has faith in you and so do I. I can't wait until we are planning your "Korrine is coming home Cancer Free party. Can you imagine? There is not a facility large enough to hold all the people that want to part of that celebration - believe me - your "Team KC" will work it out. You keep doing all you can on your end, we'll keep God on his toes on our end and with the doctor's doing what they do best - we will win.
With love,
Jill Leon
Good morning Korrine...You are being healed a little more each day. I'm praying for new energy, lots of good, strong blood cells, and a God-graced peace of mind and heart.
God's strong hand is on you!
You are loved!
You are beautiful!
You are Korrine!
Love, Lorri
Korrine you are AMAZING.We are praying for you and so proud of he way you are battling. You areatrue inspriation to many. We beleive that you will be cured. Maybe you can write about your journey and the way GOD heals. I can't wait to read it.It would bea remarkable book for all.
The Gooby's
Dear Korrine:
We continue to pray everyday and many moments throughout each day. Your inspiration is felt by many. Keep fighting and your prayers will be answered!
All our Love!
The Clelands
Metamora, MI
People all over are praying for you. We have never met but you are in my daily thoughts and prayers. You are an Inspriational family that has brought so many together. We are all here for you and care so deeply for your family...you are all amazing.
Keep fighting Korrine, we are with you in prayer and all standing by you, arms linked as we all walk forward in this fight.
Dear Korrine,
We pray for your complete healing daily, but we also ask God for the small miracles too. You are all in our thoughts throughout the day. I am awed by the strength of you and your family. Continue to LIVESTRONG Korrine and know that you are loved by many.
The Muzzall Family
Hi beautiful Korrine! We are praying and praying for your lung to re-inflate, your heartbeat to become regular, your fevers to go away, and your precious spirit to be at peace through this difficult, difficult time. There is soooo much love going out to you from all over the country! Your LiveSTRONG attitude is spreading everywhere, and you have become a hero and inspiration to sooo many people.
Thank you, Matt, Dana, and Sean, for taking your precious time to update so many. Our admiration and love are with you. Our prayers constant! May you feel strength and encouragement from the love of Jesus and the many, many brothers and sisters standing in prayer with hope and love for you!
Prayers and hugs to you all,
The Gilberts
Good Morning Korrine,
I hope you had a restful night, that your fever subsided, and that you're feeling a better today. This is a good day - it's the last day of round 5 of chemo -- Yeah!!
You continue to be in our prayers -
Stay STRONG!
Glenda, Richard, & Kirra
Lord, I lift up Korrine before Your throne of mercy. Would You minister to her in the deepest places of her heart (and the hearts of her family). Would You assure each one of Your presence and Your many and great promises. Thank You, Father, that no one can snatch her out of Your Hand. Thank You for her incredible spirit and the powerful testimony she is living. Grant wisdom to the doctors and nurses -- guide each decision they make. Reveal Yourself to them as the Mighty Healer You are. Thank You Jesus. You are the same yesterday, today and forever. Every good and perfect gift comes from You. You do all things well. When we are weak, You are strong. Be very strong in Korrine today, Lord. Amen.
Dear Matt and Dana,
I think of you guys a lot. When my son was in the hospital it was so hard, and nothing compared to what you are dealing with. I know how hard it is to talk to the experts and to see your baby hurting and feeling so helpless, but needing to be so strong. You guys are amazing. I wish that there was something I could do for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hi Korrine,
We miss you and your family so much and love to see the photo's that your are sharing on the web site. We believe that you are the strongest 14 year old girl this side of the Mississippi River and you will fight and destroy this desease. Live Strong and keep up the fight! You are always in our prayers and thoughts.
Love from,
The Anhorn's
Hi Korrine~
I hope you had a restful night, and I pray that He is working more miracles on you today. I am in awe of the strength you have and believe that you will be completely healed. I wear my LIVESTRONG bracelet proudly and keep you in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day.
Love,
Sue Bakalar
I just heard about your story through a friend and I am completely touched by the attitude that this young girl has... Most of us can't keep the same attitude towards life over a bad day, let alone such struggles to survive. I see that times are tough right now, but our prayers and thoughts are with your family,if there is anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to email us. The Hawkins Family
This is a prayer battle that will overcome Korrine's cancer! Nothing but amazing support in your blogs and the prayer rings continue to grow...now that's PRAYER POWER! staySTRONG!
((Virtual Hugs)),
The Heinz Family
Sweet Korrine,
You are in my prayers daily! I just went through three days of pain for a (still) unknown stomach issue. The pain was awful - but somehow, I just kept thinking of you and your strength and that gave me strength. God never gives you anything you cannot handle...remember that when you feel you and exhausted. HE will provide...and all of us prayer warriors will do what we can.
Praying for you,
Julie Rice Thall
Keep it strong, Korrine. (:
It was great to see some of the people from Dr. Marcel's office come and make a presentation about Relay for Life at lunch today.
They were all wearing your Team KC shirts. :D
We've been praying for you in homeroom since the very beginning.
Hope you get better soon so you can go home.
Amy Tripp
keep up the good work Korrine and please know that we continue to send constant prayers to you.
we love you
Ian and Debby
We believe in the strength of God, the strength of Korrine and the strength of the whole Croghan family! We continue to pray for you everyday that these small miracles will be stepping stones to the cancer free grand finale.
You continue to amaze us everyday.
Livestrong and stay positive,
Wendy Campbell
Believe....
We are praying for you every day.
Know that God is with you all the way.
Liz Ben James and Pam
Korrine,
I remember you running around the deck at CVHS as your dad made the team pancakes during spring break. You have always been an amazing family and I wish only the very best to you. You are incredibly strong. I can only attempt to do the same. You are in my thoughts Korrine, as well as your family. You can do it girl, we all got you!!!!!!! xoxo L.T.
Korrine you are so fantastic! I am so greatful to know you.
Love Love, Anja
We think and pray for you every day, Korrine. We miss seeing you and your mom at school, picking up Sean. We pray for complete healing and know it will be so.
Love,
Tracy, Jill, Hannah, and Claire
Hi Korrine!
I hope you are having a good day today. I said lots of prayers for your healing and strength.
I also thought of you while I was at the gym working with my personal trainer. He had me doing something really hard and I wanted to give up before I was through. I started thinking about what you are going through and how much you are suffering and I just knew that I couldn't give up. What I was doing was so easy compared to you. I made it through my exercise and I know that you are going to make it through this too. You will not give up and we are all cheering for you. You are so strong and courageous. Thank you for inspiring all of us to be strong and to not give up when things are tough.I have never had to endure anything close to what you are and I hope and pray that you will be healed and can rest. You are amazing Korrine!
Love,
Cindy Vance
Praying for you everyday!
Korrine,
We pray everyday for God to give you strength and peace.
Love - The Larsens
Dear Korrine,
I am a friend of the Riddioughs and have been checking your progress through your blog. I pray each day for you that this cancer will go away and that you will get stronger. I don't know you, but from what I have read and and what I have heard, you are a fighter. You will overcome this!! My prayers and my heart are with you!! Livestrong!
Gina
Korrine,
Your strength continues to amaze us all! The news of small miracles are only precursors of what will come!
Stay STRONG Korrine, we are all with you!
Kyle & The Beach Family
Good morning Korrine...I posted a psalm for you on my blog this morning. It's Psalm 91 and it completely makes me think of you. Here's the last part, personalized just for you:
Because Korrine has loved Me, I will bring her out of trouble. I will set her in a safe place on high, because she has known My name. Korrine will call upon Me, and I will answer her. I will be with her in trouble. I will take her out of trouble and honor her. I will please her with a long life. And I will show Korrine My saving power.
Loving you in prayer today, Lorri
http://lorriscancerupdates.blogspot.com/
Just want you to know we are thinking about you Korrine. Jarrett always talks about how sweet you were to him in water polo. One specific incident he remembers is when he first started and towards the end of a practice he was having a hard time staying a float, at that point everyone wants a ball to hang on to but you saw him struggling and you asked him if he was OK and passed him your ball. He wants you to know that you are not only very nice but very strong and hopes you start feeling better soon.
With love,
Jill Leon
Korrine,
Stay strong! You are not alone - you have prayers being said for you by people everywhere. I look forward to seeing you at Relay in June! You will conquer. Sue
Korrine, Dana, and Matt
As I read all the updates and the comments I cry. I cry because I think of what a wonderful amazing person you are and what an amazing God we have. So many people by the time they are 80 don't touch as many lives as you have in just the last few months. So many people don't show such a trust in God as you do. God is using you now in so many ways. To bring him glory, to tell so many people about him, to bring a community together and to share about him with people that may never have had the chance to hear about him and and he is using you to do this. God doesn't ever give us more then we can handle and sometimes we feel he is but he knows. Someone once told me after i lost my son I hope my faith is never as strong as your because I don't ever want to have to face something like that. If it is a matter of strong faith then your faith is one of the strongest I know. Your fight and strength amaze me everyday. I pray for you quite a few times a day as well as your family. I pray that you have peaceful nights as well as your mom and dad. You are in my prayers and you are such a blessing and witness to so many people around you.
Kristi
You are WINNING Korrine! Keep up the good fight and I pray that God keeps giving you more strength to do so.
God, please grant Korrine comfort and rest. Take away her fever, slow her heart rate and give her full breathing capacity. She has fought so well and is loved so much. Her determination and faith have taught us all.
LiveSTRONG beautiful girl!!!
Wendy and family
We have never met. I was forwarded your site by a friend at work. You are in our prayers daily. You give us strength. You are amazing.
The Anden Family
Hey Korrine –
My first thought when I woke up this morning was “Yeah, Korrine doesn’t have to get chemo today – round 5 is DONE” and I’m positive that you’re even more ecstatic about that than I am!! I hope that you were able to get some quality rest over these past few days. I pray that your fever is gone, that your heart rate has slowed back to its normal rate, and that you will be off the oxygen soon. You are winning this battle! Your strength and positive energy are inspiring! Hang in there cutie – you are doing an outstanding job!
You and your family remain in our prayers –
Healing Hugs to all,
Glenda, Richard, & Kirra
Hi Korrine!
Hope today finds you restful and at peace after the latest round of chemo. WHOOHOO... it's over! You're touching lives in ways you can't imagine -- stay strong and know I'm praying for you throughout the day.
Walking with you in faith,
Sue Bakalar
korrine,
just thought i would let you know that i am thinking anout you. you are an amazing person and i cant believe how strong you are being thorugh all of this. stay strong and be positive!
Paige Bauer
Thinking of you constantly and lifting you all up in prayer. What an amazing testimony you will have someday. I can see it now, you will be one of those women talking at the Women of Faith Conferences about God's goodness and how He healed you completely and used this season in your life to bring so many to the Lord.
I will be in the crowd with tears in my eyes remembering how this time brought me back to my knees regularily, something I had been neglecting. Thank you for allowing us to come along side and pray for you and your healing!
Korrine, Dana, Matt, and Sean,
Sending positive thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace to all of you!
hugs and love, kathy t.
Dear Croghan Family...
It is 12:30am on Friday morning...
I just wanted you to know that people are praying for you around the clock.
The Oettel Crosby Family,
Liz James Ben and Pam
Stay and Live Strong!!!
Dear Croghan family,
It is 12:40am and I just sent you a message at 12:30am...
I just wanted to let you know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers all the time...
Your family will Live Strong forever...
Love and Peace,
Liz
Good morning Korrine...
Last night we had a bible study here and we prayed for you. We were studying prayer and the miracles in the book of Acts. I underlined a couple verses for you in my bible as a prayer:
"Sovereign Lord, you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them...Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus." -Acts 4:24,30
This is my new prayer for you until you are home from the hospital. Love, Lorri
Hi Korrine
our prayers for you and your lovely family are never ending as is your strength & perservence & postive attitude & God's love for you...you're amazing & such a light and inspiration to us all
Love Maxine Hammons & Family
STAY POSITIVE-GO TEAM KC-LIVESTRONG!!!!
Dear Korrine,
I'm sure it's no surprise to you or your family just how many people love you! You all are in the daily prayers of many people you haven't met yet. Your faith and strength are amazing, Korrine.
~"I will never fail you. I will never forsake you." Hebrews 13:5~
BE STRONG! STAY STRONG!
Love,
The McNairs
Dear Korrine,
I hope that you are beginning to feel better now that your 5th round of chemo is over. You are truly an inspiration to us all. Stay Srong.
Korrine,
Yesterday I went for a run and wore my shirt from the Grape Stomp 5k run and remember running next to you and your friend. After I finished and caught up to the rest of my family I told them I saw you and we went to the finish line to cheer you as you came by. After some time we saw you and your friend and cheered for you both but we were under the impression you were the reason your friend was able to finish, you were encourging her and helping her to the finish line. We talked about it then and thought what a great friend to be with her until she made it over the finish line.
Well now we are among many people from all around the globe that are here to cheer and encourage you until you are able to cross that finish line.
We have known you from sports and know you are a strong and determind and full of compassion, keep fighting and we will all be there at the finish for you victory dance!
Nothing good happy thoughts to you from our family.
Keep Smiling :)
The White family
Good morning -
Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you and we hope that you're feeling better today than you were yesterday.
You're in our thoughts and prayers - stay STRONG!
Hugs to all,
The Thornton's
Dear Warrior Princess,
I pray that our Lord Jesus Christ will continue to give you the strength and courage of David as you battle this cancer. Know that God is on your side and He will give you the victory. Trust in Him and seek him always.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Prov 3:5-6
The Stoneridge Water Polo Family misses you very much. Get well, "Live Strong" and get back to the pool soon.
Love always,
Randy
Korrine:
You are in the best hands.Each time I read the doctors and nurses solve a mystery I know it's God and his prayer warriers that have parked themselves in these professionals minds.You will come through and be an inspiration for anyone with doubts.You already are!
We are praying for you! The Brisseys: Jeff, Trish & Adam
Dear Korrine & Family,
You are in our thoughts and prayers and thought of each and every day. Peace be with you all.
The Orrell Family
Hi Korrine!
We see you every time we walk by the candle that is still burning for you, and we hope you know how much you are in our thoughts and prayers.
May you be strengthened after a very hard week and be able to get lots of rest.
We won't say, "Keep fighting!" since we know you won't give up!
GO TEAM KC!
Love,
The Morgans
Steve, Victoria, Christopher, Stephanie, Alison & Katherine
Korrine you are an inspiration to us all. May God grant you rest and comfort.
Hi Croghan Family~
Driving home from work I saw 3 girls with Team KC shirts on and honked at them. I think I scared them, but when I flashed my Team KC shirt to them they started dancing around and yelling! We're all thinking of you and praying for you. StaySTRONG!
With love,
Sue Bakalar
Hi Korrine,
Just read and LOVE what your cousin Tristen wrote, and Kristi, and so many other encouraging notes. I am agreeing and a believing God IS with us. YEsterday I spent my lunch reading Psalm 138 and then spent time writing and thanking God. My prayer for you yesterday was that you would have the chance to laugh at something. I pray you have the energy for even smiling. I pray for your parents (and extended families) for strength and renewal. His love endures forever. Even when we cannot, He can. His love truly endures forever. loving you and trusting Him.
HEllo Korrine! You need to feel better soon. I have so much faith in you, i know how strong you can be! We see you in our future being still the most curagious of all of us here on Earth. I love you so much and i know that you can only push as hard as you need to.
With love,
Audrey
Happy Friday, Croghans Thinking of you, praying for you and loving you!!. Believing in the healing power of our Lord Jesus for you.
Blessings & hugs,
The Hoaglands
J, A & M
Sean, Korinne, Mom and Dad,
Just to let you know that a prayer is being sent your way...
Love and Peace,
Liz, James, Ben and Pam
Dear Croghan Family,
Just sending you my love and prayers for peace and strength. I am praying that the doctors and nurses can help Korrine heal and control her pain.
You are loved by so many.
May the Lord bless you all,
Cindy Vance
Korrine, Sean, Dana and Matt,
I just go a note from one of the women in my cookclub. I couldn't make it to the meeting on Tuesday and she wanted me to know that they are all praying for you and check your blog often. It is amazing how many people you have touched. You are truly an inspiration.
You are always in our thoughts and prayers. StaySTRONG!
The Opipari family
As one of Korrine's family members, We want to thank all of you for praying for Korrine, her parents and her sweet brother Sean, as well as the extended family! Korrine is one amazing young women with an incredible faith and we thank God that she has so many who love her and are "out there" supporting her in so many wonderful ways! Team KC . . . . You are awesome! You all have a mother, so honer her in some way on Sunday! Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is a mom! Many of you are "Spiritual" mom's and some of you have lost children and we want you to know that you are so special and loved and wish you a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TOO!
Korrine, Sean, Dana and Matt,
You are all in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day. This morning at 6 am I read about the call for A- blood (that's me!!) and for platelets.
Eagerly got myself over to UCSF this morning - piece of cake - Dublin Bart to SF, then to Muni's N Judah Line (FARE IS $1.50 - BEST TO HAVE 6 QUARTERS FOR EACH WAY!!) to the Irving St. entrance to the UCSF garage. Up the elevator to the top floor, "I" , of Mulberry Union, walked around the corner and there was the Blood Bank on the left!!!
Nurses are kind and skilled - took only about 15 minutes. They all know about Korrine and Team KC - so when you state that you are donating to Korrine, they are familiar with her donations.
TEAM KC get yourselves over there to donate your A- or an O- blood. Remember any blood type can donate platelets.
Call the Blood Bank, 415-353-1809 for it's hours - it IS open til 7:15 on on week nights. I do not know if it is open tomorrow, Sunday, but call the above number after 9 am.
Korrine, our positive thoughts, prayers and love will also flow to you via transfusion - another way to give you strength and support!!!
God Bless and Keep you all...
Judy Welsh
Post a Comment