Team K. C. please pray for miraculous healing of Korrine's liver and body from this cancer. Pray specificaly for healing, no more pain and no more suffering. Please! We need a miracle!!!!! Please pray for her pain as it continues to increase and she is taking pain medication around the clock.
"No More Suffering" . We will continue to care for her at home.
We wanted to have a celebration of life party in January. Because of Korrine's condition we will now have a very special event for all of you and Korrine on Sunday October, 26th. Details to follow. Please try and attend.
Stay Positive and LiveSTRONG
Dana and Matt Croghan
"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa
Smile
Cancer stripped her of everything including her life but it could not steal away God's LOVE, PEACE and the JOY that radiated through her. Korrine never stopped SMILING!
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
Korrine Croghan was a vivacious 14-year-old girl who lived all of her life in Livermore, CA. She had a love for animals, sports, and most of all, family. Korrine was a straight “A” student while attending Mendenhall Middle School and was working hard in her first trimester at Granada High. She was a great friend to many and was everything that a brother, mother and father could ask for in a daughter. Korrine was the type of girl who would greet you with a wide smile and look into your eyes and truly would want to know how you were doing
Korrine & Cancer
On December 20th, 2007, Korrine was diagnosed with Choriocarcinoma with a germ cell element. Choriocarcinoma is a very rare type of cancer in teenage girls and inflicts less than 200 nationwide each year. Although the cancer started in her left ovary, the cancer had spread to her right ovary, lungs and liver. After the removal of a cantaloupe sized tumor in her left ovary on December 21st of 2007, Korrine, endured 10 months of intense chemotherapy designed for adult men.
During the course of her treatment, Korrine suffered many complications. In early April of 2007, her liver began to bleed. After staying at Kaiser Oakland for almost two weeks, Korrine was transfered to UCSF and spent a month in the intensive care unit. The doctors at UCSF Medical Center were finally able to stop her bleeding liver, but, not before it filled her abdomen with 5 liters of blood that had to be drained via a tube inserted into her stomach. On top of that, both of Korrines’ lungs collapsed while undergoing a CT scan that almost took her life. Because of that, 2 liters of fluid needed to be drained off of her lungs with the use of another drainage tube. Throughout her treatment Korrine needed numerous blood and platelet transfusions. She had nosebleeds that lasted an hour on several occasions. At one point, she had 18 intravenous tubes running through her body filled with anti-bacterials, anti-fungals, nutrition, painkillers and chemotherapy. Korrine miraculously made it through those tough days at UCSF and returned to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland. She was finally stable and was released to go home in late June. Just as things were starting to look up for her, she suffered septic shock in July that forced her to go back into intensive care at Kaiser in Santa Clara for 2 weeks.
Korrine returned home in late July and went through imaging scans to see if the cancer had disappeared. The scans always came back good, but not great. In an effort to kill and stop the remaining cancer cells, she underwent an emergency round of chemotherapy in early September. Unfortunately, it did kill the remaining cancer and her doctors had run out of options.
Korrine spent her last days at home with her family reading books and loving on her cats and dog. She passed away quietly, at home, on October 27th, 2008. Through it all, Korrine had a positive attitude and never gave up or complained. Many consider Korrine a hero.
Team KC
The Team KC website was originally started as a way to encourage, educate, raise awareness, and keep friends and family informed with accurate information on Korrine's treatment and progress. Family, classmates, friends, community members, and complete strangers rallied to support Korrine and her family through her fight against Choriocarcinoma. We were amazed by the amount of support we received, and it is now our desire to give back. In March, 2009, Team KC became an official nonprofit by joining forces with Kaiser Foundation Hospital. All monies raised by Team KC will directly benefit pediatric cancer patients and their families. All monetary contributions are tax deductible.
Our Mission: To help improve the quality of life of pediatric cancer patients and their families. We wish to supply children with fun activities, toys and anything else that will brighten and better their lives. Monies will also be used to help parents pay for bills and defray the costs of gas, food and lodging that go along with caring for a child with cancer.
Stay Positive, LIVESTRONG & Welcome to Team KC!
*This is the official Team KC website and the only website approved by the Croghan family. Please do not use content, images, or video from this site without permission. This is an effort to respect the family's privacy and ensure that all content is accurate and approved. Thank you for your cooperation.
A Note From Korrine (written after her 4th round of Chemo)...
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Hello everyone! It's me, Korrine. I just wanted to take a
moment to thank each and every one of you for supporting me through emails,
visits, food, gifts, and most importantly, prayer. Without it, I probably
wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways, on a happier note, I am happy to
announce that I am feeling very good. This last round of chemo hit me pretty
hard, but I think that it is more exiting to end things with a big BANG! I will
try to start writing things for the blog now that my chemo therapy is over, but
until then, just know that I love every single one of you and I am always
thinking about my family, friends, and even the people who I've never met
before. Thanks for joining my battle and for making this experience "The
Experience of a Lifetime." LIVESTRONG! And stay positive.
Korrine Lannie Croghan
Friday, October 17, 2008
Once again we ask you to pray for a miracle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
46 comments:
You KNOW we are here for you on bended knee, Croghans. We will be there on the 26th. Let us know what we can do to help!
Korrine & Family,
Our prayers and good thoughts are with you always!!!
XO
Taylor,Savannah,Wendy& Aj Vasquez
we are praying. we love you. the esmeyers.
Korrine,
Just want to say how much Steve and I have enjoyed having you in Sunday School for the past two weeks! As we learned on Sunday - Our God is the same God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob! He is faithful all the time!!!
Love, Sharon
Dear Korrine, Dana, Matt and Sean! We're always praying, you are a miracle! You are unbelievable, God is always watching you!! Our hearts, prayers are with you! Everything good goes to you. We are thinking of you always,
A Castro Valley family at Marshall Elementary School. Again, Our prayers are always with you!
Dear Croghans,
We continue to pray... with you and for you... all.
We pray for Korrine's healing, comfort and peace.
I do believe in miracles!
hugs and much love, kathy t.
Asking God in His mercy to heal Korrine and ease her pain and suffering. Praying wisdom and peace that surpasses understanding for all of you...With love, Lorri
Please Dear Lord, touch Korrine with your healing hand. Stop this horrible cancer and heal her liver. Give her rest from the pain and suffering.
In Jesus' name I pray,
Cindy Vance
we will pray..P.T.L.
Love from
Debby and Ian
Dear Korrine and Family,
I will continue to pray for Korrine, to be completely rid of this cancer and to be free from suffering. May God continue to give you strength.
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough
Dear Croghans,
Praying along side of you for complete healing of Korrine's liver and body, for peace, strength and no more pain or suffering. You are all in my heart as well as my prayers.
Love you,
Sue
I am praying for nothing less than a miracle and complete healing everyday. I even woke up in the middle of sleeping praying for her healing, must have been thinking of it in my sleep. I pray for all of you. I pray for the pain to go away for good, and her full recovery and healing to start now! It's so hard to pray and expect the answer now, only to have discouragement and pain. I can't imagine the consuming pain you feel worrying about Korrine and feeling her pain.
I pray for and think of you constantly, as a whole army of people also do. This does have power, and God is a God of miracles today as well as bible days. It is hard to understand so many things with our limited view, and we are in a word full of sickness. God is the one to heal and intervene, and does this when things look the worst. I am not one that does well with praying, and then letting go of my worry, I always grab it back and feel sick wth worry. What a wonderful gift of encouragement for you and every prayer warrior to see Korrine healed and living a healthy happy life as a strong cancer advocate and testimony. I pray Korrine's pain disappears and she can FEEL her boddy healing! You are such a wonderful close family.
Sorry it's so long, with nevr ceasing prayer and love,
Yolanda
Hi Korrine,
Today is clear and beautiful, like you. Praying for a peaceful, love filled day. Remember all those songs you learned when you were little? BIBLE That's the book for me... it's one of those kind of days. My most precious memories with my girls are those times we'd sing those songs. My God is so BIG so STRONG and so MIGHTY! Jesus loves me this I know.... you know them all I'm sure. Sweet songs. Sweet girl. We love you. WE believe.
The Esmeyers.
Korrine we love you so much and youre one of the strongest people I know! I cant wait to see you again
Much Love Juliana, Anja
Dearest Korrine,
You beautiful child I am praying for no more pain and suffering. I am praying for complete healing and renewed strength. You are a shining light in this sometimes dark and scary world and you have so many more things to teach us all. May the beauty of this day embrace you and bring you peace. You are always in my prayers and thoughts and my in my heart.
julie gilmore
We pray and we believe in miracles. -- Kathy, Steve, Elyse
Just checking on you and praying for your miracle......You are ALWAYS in our thoughts and prayers, Korrine.
Fondly,
Steve, Torri, Cameron and Mckenna Nagy
Dear Korrine,
We've never met, but I pray for you constantly and specifically. My prayer today is that the Lord will heal and restore every bone, cell, organ, and tissue. He is cradling you in "HIS" arms.
Remember, you are a daughter of the "King". You are so loved by the Lord and by so many here.
In HIS name.
We are praying for the miracle, praying for healing, comfort, and release from pain. Our prayers are always with you, Korrine. God keep you in the shelter of his embrace.
We pray for the Croghan family around the clock.
LiveSTrong
Liz Ben Pam James
Dear Croghans:
We are praying and thinking of you. We love you very much and pray for peace and strength. We would love to be there on the 26th. Could we help?
We all love you, Korrine, and are praying throughout everyday and sending big hugs to you!
Much love,
The Gilberts
Korrine, we pray for the pain to subside and for your complete healing.
Sean, Dana and Matt, we pray for your continued strength.
You are all amazing and such a great example for us all.
With much Love,
Sal, Clelia, Anthony, Vince and Jean Opipari
I will pray for you Korrine throughtout my day and as I wake at night. God always answers prayers and he is watching over you sweet one right now...
love you the kelllman family
Korrine & Family: You are in our prayers. The Lord is with you, always. Know that so many of us, friends you've never met, send our prayers and hugs at this time.
You're so stronge Korrine! This is just another obstacle. I love you Croghan and will continue to pray!
With Love,
Emma
Our God is an awesome God! He reigns from Heaven above; with mercy power and Love our God is an AWESOME God!
God's grace shines bright in you Croghans! He is awesome through YOU!
Loving you this Sunday morning, as always.
A
Dear Matt, Dana, Korrine and Sean,
We will continue to pray for Korrine's complete healing. Be strong, Korrine and know that He is with you!
Love,
The McNairs
Thankful for the medicine you have to help ease your pain.
Praying for you earnestly and with loving compassion.
Korrine, I'm so glad we got to meet in person in the summer. I wish I could come to your celebration next week. I would love to celebrate you and tell you how beautiful you are, inside and out!
Love, Lorri
Korrine & Family,
We are praying for you all for strength, pain relief, and healing.
love,
April, Fabian, Sebastian, & Sophia
Hi Dear Croghans~ It's The Lawrence Family. We are keeping all of you in our prayers. Please call if there is anything we can do.
We are keeping the faith!
Kirk, Marilyn, Kara & Kyle
Korrine & Family
Our prayers and thoughts for you and your family are never at rest, they are watching over you 24 hours a day 7 days a week! It was nice seeing Korrine's beautiful smile a few weeks ago at the water polo game! It warmed our hearts!
Stay Strong!
The McKinney Family
As always, you and your family are in our prayers. Nicole and Shannon Osterberg, Cheryl, Geoff, Eric and Justin Smyth
I'd like to put together a slide show of all the various fund raisers and participants. If you have pictures you're willing to share please get them to me: Cherie Davis, 1390 Concannon Blvd., Livermore, CA 94550 (on CD if possible). I need them as soon as you can get them to me.
More details, regarding the celebration, should be available on Tuesday, October 21. We are looking for volunteers to help set up and clean up. Also if someone can help us set up a video camera at the event - so others can join us remotely that would be awesome. I can also be contacted at cdavis@ctdavislaw.com
Korrine is awesome! The entire Croghan family and all of you have been an inspiration to many. Please save the day and make the celebration even if it's only for a minute.
Croghans - you're in my every prayer.
Cherie Davis
Korrine, Sean, Dana and Matt,
Sending prayers and positive thoughts for comfort and peace. You are always on my mind!
hugs and love, kathy t.
Hi CutiePie!
I'm praying that you are now having pain free days. You remain in my constant prayers for healing, peace and strength. You have taught us all so much about grace, beauty, strength and love... thank you. You touch us more than you know.
Love to you all!
Sue
Korrine,
We are thinking of you today! I know I've said it before, but it doesn't hurt to say it again. You are such a beautiful and strong young lady. You are the kind of girl that we, as parents, can only hope our daughters grow up to be like. Throughout this entire illness, you have shown such bravery and strength that most adults don't even have. You are an inspiration to everyone who has ever met you, even if just for a brief moment. You are loved by so many and you alone have brought an entire community together. Be proud of the young lady you have grown up to be! You are AMAZING!
With Love,
Jen, Shane, Kylie, Katie & Caroline
korrine and family, my thoughts are with you. you can do this, i believe a miracle will happen for you.
sending positive energy your way,
caitlin beach
I got home from church today and realized the aching up my back wasn't from the little rear ender yesterday, but I HAVE the FLU! Worst flu I've had in years. It started out with the aching up the back, then a headache followed, then a sharp pain in the diaphragm area of my tummy/chest/ribs.. (you get the picture) then I got chills. As I lay down to let my body deal with it I realizd that this is NOTHING compared to what Korrine has dealt with for the last year or so. I feel like a locomotive has run me over! But in 24 - 48 hours probably, I'll be back up to my normal routine. My body won't ache, no one will poke an IV in me and I'll have my strength back. I thanked God for my flu today. My family was bringing me "stuff" to help me feel better, fussing over me and worrying because "Mom just doesn't get sick". I cannot imagine how Matt Dana and Sean have felt for this past year wanting to make it all better. Thank you for letting us share in this journey. Thank you for the privilege. I find it a privilege to be a member of Team KC. See you Sunday!
Dear Korrine,
We continue to pray for you - I know I said that is morning, but as I was again saying prayers this evening, I wanted to let you know that you remain in our thoughts and prayers. I prayed for your healing, for your pain to receed. I meant to tell in my earlier post that I was at a Cal Aquatic event last night and I ran into several of the Water Polo players - they remembered signing their photo for you and asked how your were doing. One of the guys asked me to pass along a message that some of the guys would like to come visit you... who knows, maybe a few of the guys will show up to see you at your upcoming event.
Our prayers continue - we will not stop.
Love, prayers and hugs to you and your family - The Thornton's
We are praying for you, Korrine! LiveSTRONG!
Korrine and family,
You do not know me but I have been
following your blog since Feb.
We have children at Smith school
and see you often and have
been incredibly amazed at your
strength and Faith. We will continue to pray for God's mercy on Korrine and pray for a miracle.
the Hardestys
We are praying for you sweet Korrine. May God rid you of this horrible cancer once and for all and make all your pain and suffering go away...
Stay strong beautiful girl, we do believe in miracles!
Much love to you all and look forward to your celebration!
Tamika, Kevin, Grant, Garrett and Kendra Riddiough
Praying for a restful, peaceful day for you today,Korrine...God bless you...
We pray for you and with you.
All our love.
The Richards Family
Korrine has been a silent inspiration for me. I learned of her battle last spring through my daughter's softball coach the Henovells. I have followed her blog, supported in the background when I can and prayed daily for her and your family. My friend and I ran the Nike Human Race for Livestrong and Team KC in Sept. When I am feeling down, I think of Korrine, read her blog, say some prayers and always feel inspired! I will continue to send prayers and faith to you all. God Bless...
Our love and prayers are with you.
XOXO, Melinda Bunker & Family
Post a Comment