Today we met with Dr. Bergstrom regarding Korrine's most recent P.E.T. Scan results and Cat Scan results. This is what we found out.
Korrine's lungs look clear. Korrine's liver has improved from the last P.E.T. Scan but there are a couple spots that still show up.
As you all know their have been many miracles and answers to prayer, Korrine has suffered much and she continues to amaze everyone even the doctors and nurses.
Korrine will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow for 6 days of chemotherapy. Korrine will be getting Taxol and Ifosfamide but not the Cisplatinum this time as the risks outway the benefit. This will be her 10th round of Chemotherapy.
The doctors have ruled out a bone marrow transplant as they feel it is too risky considering the condition of her liver.
Please pray that Korrine will be able to tolerate this next round of chemo. Pray for her peace of mind and that she would be blessed with everything she needs to fight this cancer.
Blood donors, Are you ready to give blood to our precious little girl as needed? You have saved her life more than once.
Korrine will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow for 6 days of chemotherapy. Korrine will be getting Taxol and Ifosfamide but not the Cisplatinum this time as the risks outway the benefit. This will be her 10th round of Chemotherapy.
The doctors have ruled out a bone marrow transplant as they feel it is too risky considering the condition of her liver.
Please pray that Korrine will be able to tolerate this next round of chemo. Pray for her peace of mind and that she would be blessed with everything she needs to fight this cancer.
Blood donors, Are you ready to give blood to our precious little girl as needed? You have saved her life more than once.
If you don't know all of Korrine's story please take some time to read her story. What an amazing young lady Korrine is. Her story is truly inspiring. Korrine has incredible Will, Determination, and Courage.
One month after this 10th round of chemotherapy, Korrine will take a chemotherapy drug by mouth (Pill form of chemotherapy, not as toxic and a low dose) at home for one year. Yes, we did say 1 year.
This young 14 year old little girl is absolutely amazing. Let's continue to give our all as she continues to give everything she has to fight this cancer, she continues to give her all with a smile on her face.
One month after this 10th round of chemotherapy, Korrine will take a chemotherapy drug by mouth (Pill form of chemotherapy, not as toxic and a low dose) at home for one year. Yes, we did say 1 year.
This young 14 year old little girl is absolutely amazing. Let's continue to give our all as she continues to give everything she has to fight this cancer, she continues to give her all with a smile on her face.
As a mother and father it breaks our hearts to see our daughter go through this. As a family we were so anticipating a wonderful high school experience with honors classes, water polo and looking forward to watching her grow and enjoy her teenage years. We have seen our daughter stripped of everything except what's inside of her. I think what is inside of her is even more beautiful and amazing and shines brighter than ever. We know that Korrine will fulfill her dreams, enjoy her teenage years and we are now looking forward to a different and wonderful experience of watching our daughter overcome cancer and move forward into a beautiful life.
I assure you we would not be going thru with all of this if we did not have confidence in our team of doctors, such as, Dr. Bergstrom and the tumor board including UCSF oncologists and top doctors around the United States. We thank all of you for your tireless efforts regarding Korrine. Special thanks to Dr. Siegel for all you have done on behalf of Korrine. We were re-assured at our meeting that we are going for a cure. If we did not believe Korrine has a chance for a cure we would not agree to put her thru anymore treatment.
I assure you we would not be going thru with all of this if we did not have confidence in our team of doctors, such as, Dr. Bergstrom and the tumor board including UCSF oncologists and top doctors around the United States. We thank all of you for your tireless efforts regarding Korrine. Special thanks to Dr. Siegel for all you have done on behalf of Korrine. We were re-assured at our meeting that we are going for a cure. If we did not believe Korrine has a chance for a cure we would not agree to put her thru anymore treatment.
With deepest appreciation and gratitude we thank Dr. Bergstrom and staff we love all of you and thank you for taking such good care of Korrine. What we are most thankful for is life.
Special thanks to the Livestrong Foundation president Doug Ulman for all your help.
We will be posting some very special pictures later this week of Korrine's special day with the San Francisco Giants special thanks to Barry Zito and Matt Cain.
Special thanks to the Livestrong Foundation president Doug Ulman for all your help.
We will be posting some very special pictures later this week of Korrine's special day with the San Francisco Giants special thanks to Barry Zito and Matt Cain.
Thank You Team K.C., this is a marathon not a sprint,
STAY POSITIVE AND LIVESTRONG FOREVER
Dana and Matt Croghan
STAY POSITIVE AND LIVESTRONG FOREVER
Dana and Matt Croghan
58 comments:
Korrine,
You are an amazing young woman with an incredible fighting spirit. Our prayers continue to be with you and your family. You WILL beat this disease!!
God Bless,
Gini Wright and family
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run (or swimmers swim); ), but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a corwn that will last forever." 1 Corinthians 9:24, 25.
Korrine, Dana, Matt & Sean,
You are running the race so well! Your team is cheering you on. Not only is Team KC here on this earth, but every angel in heaven is wearing yellow, cheering for you to get the prize of victory over cancer. You will win! You are running in such a way that not only will YOU get your crown, but many of your gallery will be blessed with crowns because of YOUR performance in this race! We are there with you and for you for this next year of "strict training". What ever you need, call on your Team KC to do for you!
Praise God for the miracles thus far, the miracles yet to come and that victory party we are all looking forward to soooo much!
Blessings & hugs as always sweet family!
Jack, Arla and Mary
Beautiful, Amazing Korrine,
You constantly amaze and inspire me. I will continue to pray for you and think of you with a smile on my face, especially this week. Your endurance is astonishing... there is nothing you can't do.
LiveSTRONG!
Love and hugs,
Sue
For anyone who does not believe in miracles and the power of prayer and you're just started reading the blog now, we encourage you to start at the BEGINNING of Korrine's journey. Here you will meet an Amazing God through her.
Korrine: We are so excited for you - prayers are being answered all over the place! His Mercies NEVER fail!
Love to the Croghan Family -
Joel, Jennifer, Noah and Natalie Advincula
I know you don't know me, but I am part of your prayer chain. I heard about your story from a dear friend of mine in Livermore. I'm a former Jr. High teacher and mother of three. I have personally experienced God's miracles on more than one occasion. I pray for you each day and so do the children at my children's's catholic school. Love and prayers to you.
Dear Croghan family,
We keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
The Garcia Family
(Fellow Calaveras Big Trees Campers)
Croghan family- You have gone through so much! We continue to pray for your family. LIVEstrong. Continue to inspire...
Love,
Audrey Walke and Family
Korrine=
YOU ROCK! You will get through this difficult time. We are all praying for you! God loves you. LIVESTRONG!!
Hello Croghan Family:
When I read the CNN Post today that "Cyclist Lance Armstrong confirmed Tuesday that he will be returning to road racing and will shoot for an eighth win at the Tour de France. 'I have decided to return to professional cycling in order to raise awareness of the global cancer burden,' the seven-time Tour de France champion said in a statement issued by his LiveStrong Foundation."
I of course immediately thought of Korrine and your family. Korrine is a true champion and has many supporters behind her cheering her on. To get back in the pool. In our community your family has also raised our awareness of cancer.
There are many here for you to help in anyway we can. We will continue to pray strong for Korrine and the Croghan family.
Stay Strong sweet girl!
Love, the Hemmig family
Hello Croghan Family!
Thank you for your newsy update, and all the info about Korrine's encouraging new treatment plan.
I wish I had some wise words to share, or some insightful thoughts to encourage you during the upcoming year. I often feel at a loss for the right words that can convey my awe in the strength and grace that Korrine has shown, and in your living example of unconditional love Dana.
I do want you to know that I pray for Korrine, and your entire family often. My blog has an update feature each time you have a new post, and I have been following your story since our friend Lorri "introduced" you to us. I am "here" and will continue to follow Korrine's story until her cure, (and beyond!)
Continue to fight this disease with everything you've got, and let us readers know how we can support you...I look forward to meeting Korrine and your family whenever you are ready to celebrate!
My mom has stage 4 brain cancer, and in Feb. she threw a huge "Celebration of Life Luau" with 200 of her closest friends and family. We have learned through her journey not to take for granted one single moment God has given us.
So, whenever Korrine is up for a party, I say throw one! :-) DO EVERYTHING you want to do as Korrine is able, and live it fully!
Enjoy your family and live strong today!
With great admiration for you all,
Denise Kofford
Korrine,
YOU are amazing! You have no idea how many lives you have inspired. I saw your mom at Smith School the other day and I told my 6 yr old "That's Korrine's Mommy!" I saw the look of amazement in my daughter's eyes. Your mom turned around and I said "Korrine is famous in our house!" You truly are...we pray for you daily and are amazed by your faith, spirit and drive. Keep it up lil' lady! And always remember GOD LISTENS!
Love,
The Linney family
Korrine,
I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers as you start Round 10! Those of us who have followed your journey are waiting on the sidelines, ready for you to KNOCK OUT (KO) this cancer! You are such an INSPIRATION to us all!
Sean,
I'm sure you worry a lot about your big sister and she worries about you too. I hope your school year is going well... with not too much homework.
Dana and Matt,
As you've waited for lab and test results, we wait in spirit, along with you and we pray for you both, and for Korrine and Sean.
As Korrine enters the hospital for Round 10 of the chemo that WILL cure her, we are with you in spirit, as you are by her side. We pray for you to get rest and be healthy as the journey continues.
We LIVESTRONG to honor you all... Korrine, Sean, Dana and Matt!
hugs and love, kathy t.
Amen to EVERYTHING that you said! I love you all and have my long-distance walking shoes on. Marching with you toward the day of healing...never giving up.
Love, Lorri
With you this morning as always Korrine. Here is a hug. {{{{{{{Korrine}}}}}}}}}.
Arla
Korrine,after reading your parents latest blog entry, I thought of the following two quotes. May you find a similar sense of comfort from them as we do~La Familia Cortez
Once you choose hope, anything's possible~~Christopher Reeve
Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all~~Emily Dickinson
You will be in our prayers as always and we will continue to check the blog for your progress - thinking of you lots...
Morning CutiePie!
Thinking of you this morning with much love. Hang tough and LiveSTRONG!
Love ya!
Sue
Extra prayers for you this morning, Korrine! You are so amazing, and you WILL beat this. Staying positive for you! Candy Johnson
Korrine,
Someone sent me a card the other day with this quote:
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Emerson
Doesn't that say it all?
I have a cousin that is taking Chemo pills. She is still working and doing well.
God Bless you, Korrine.
We're still praying for you everyday.
Dianne Duffy and the rest of the zoo.
KORRINE,
WE BELIEVE THAT WITH GOD'S GRACE YOU WILL ONCE AGAIN, RISE TO THE OCCASION AND BE THE SUPER TROOPER YOU ARE, AND COME THROUGH THIS AS A WINNER
WE LOVE YOU,
DEBBY AND IAN AND FAMILY
We are with you in prayer and spirit! God Bless you all.......
Love, The Nagy Family
Korrine,
We continue to keep you and your family in our thougths and prayers. You are amazing! Each year my girls and I "swim-a-mile" for women with cancer and during the event, everyone makes banners for dedications(they are hung all around the pool). This year, my girls and I dedicate our swim to you sweetie. We will be holding you close in our hearts and saying a prayer with each lap.
Blessings to you,
Mitsi
Hi Korrine
Just read about the father and son who stayed afloat in the ocean 12 hours. The son has autism, and his lack of fear kept him going. what an inspiration. You too are an incredible inspiration to all of us. I recently read that survivors do not paint themselves as a victim, they create a vision for their future and they have strong family bonds. looks like you have this one in the bag!!!! you rock!
TONS of continued prayers for you and the family. We will not STOP! We love you and your spirit. :)
Korrine,
Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace during this round of chemo. May you get some good rest and keep a good appetite.
hugs and much love, kathy t.
Hi sweet Korrine!! Team KC is rallying around you with prayers, love, and lots of hugs!! We pray for strength, peace, rest and and a deep assurance of God's presence, His love, and His plan for your life. You are truly beautiful and amazingly inspirational, Croghan family! Please remember, all of Team KC is here for you and ready and willing to come alongside any way we can!
Stay strong and encouraged in the Lord! We love you so much and each day of chemo, we are all standing by your side in spirit as you fight to get rid of this cancer!
Blessings and love,
The Gilberts
Korrine,
When you feel like you can't do anymore just relax and let your prayer team carry you because you are not running the race alone! The remarkable thing is that this team picks up every bit and piece you need. God is our strength, endurance, comfort and rest. The list is endless. I love you.
September 11th. A day many Americans now use to honor heroes and remember our fight against terrorism.
Today, Korrine and the Croghan family are my heroes and cancer is a terrorist we must continue to fight. Today my suit is red, white and blue and my favorite piece of jewelery.. my yellow LiveSTRONG bracelet complements the ensemble. My L'Oreal Color of Hope lipstick is the finishing touch!
Blessings today and always.
Arla
Sweet Korrine, you never cease to amaze me, your overwhelming strength and faith will carry you through this. I am sending my best wishes to you, that this round will not be so hard on your body and that you are pain free and able to rest while in the hospital. I think about you everyday, you inspire each and everyone that knows you or your story. You have and will do so much for others with cancer and have opened the eyes of so many people around you. You have taught us all to enjoy each and every moment of life. Your amazing smile and spirit keep us all fighting for you. We will never give up hope or prayer until you beat this cancer.
God Bless you all Croghan family.
Much love
Tamika Riddiough and family
Sounds promising! What a courageous child and
what a wonderfully faithful family fighting together. B
Our church has been praying for Korrine. Last week, I showed the kids at our Friday Kidz Nite program her picture and asked them to specifically remember her during the weeks ahead. At Sunday School last week our teacher reminded the children again to remember Korrine in their prayers. I just want Korrine to know that some very sweet and wonderful kids are pulling for her complete recovery!
In His Love,
Sidney
Dana,
You and Matt have raised a strong, courageous, and inspirational young lady! God never gives us something that we cannot handle - however, we still have to make the choice to "handle it". Korrine has made that choice, as have your enntie family.
You do such a great job at being the voice of the doctors, the voice of your family and the voice of Korrine. Your words help all of us pray specifically. You inspire us. Your strength shines through in what you write. I am so impressed that you have been able to stay in touch with all of the God given strength you have. I am humbled by what you write and what you and Matt have accomplished.
I feel if my heart and soul that Korrine will beat this, and your family will go on to experience all that you dream of. For now, I pray, my family prays and my friends pray...for you, Matt, Sean and Korrine.
God Bless,
Julie Rice Thall
juliethall@comcast.net
Dear Korine,
you are by far the strongest, most courageous young lady I have ever met. You are an incredible testimony of how God can give us strength in the midst of our weakness, illness and pain. I am completely blown away at how you have dealt with all that has been thrown at you over the past 9 months. It breaks my heart that you have to battle this cancer instead of battling with your mates in the pool at Granada this fall. Many people have drawn closer to Jesus praying for your recovery and I trust many more will follow.
Our Lord has tremendous plans for you. Keep up your fight and continue to trust in Him. God will honor your efforts with victory. You are my hero and I love you mucho! -Randy
Korrine,
You are amazing, God is amazing and Team KC is amazing. What comfort to know that so many can come together for you and each other.
Stay positive and strong, you are almost there. You have had many days between Chemo bouts to recover some strength to help you through this last one. We are all praying for you and your family.
The Campbell's
Dearest Croghan Family,
We pray always...Liz Ben Pam and James
Hi Korrine!
Just popping by to let you know that you are on my mind and in my heart. I'm praying for strength and peace through the week for you. You are such an amazing Warrior Princess... but remember that you can rest with Him and let Him carry you when you need to.
Love and hugs,
Sue
Dear Korrine,
I continue to pray for you every day and I know that you are in God's hands. You can triumph over this cancer with His help! You go, Girl!!
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough
Korrine,
God bless you! We pray and lift you up to Jesus. We put our trust in Him. You are a champion in faith! Thank you for being such a great example. We will keep praying for you and for your family!
Dave.
Hi Korrine! It's a rainy and wet Friday in Colorado. Hope it's a sunny day in California!
I'm remembering the day I got to meet you in person and how pretty and sweet you were. You shine God's love.
I'm glad I know you. Love, Lorri
Korrine and Family
As I prayed for you this am I realized just how much Our Father loves you.. You are on my mind and on the mind of so many, for He has such great plans in your future. I realize these prayers are not just for healing but for the blessings and strength that you will have in the coming years. What a great story and encouragement you will have as you share with others. It will be such a blessing to see the outpouring of love as the result of all these months of prayer.. Get ready darlin the best is yet to come. Our family will hold you in prayer.
bless you
The Kellmans
Happy Friday, Korrine. I wanted to give you flowers. I hope you enjoy this bouquet of roses!
Many blessings. Know that each rose represents an entire bouquet of love for you and your family!
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
@--------->---------
We'll all remain cheering and praying for you during this marathon. I really enjoyed seeing you the other day, Croghi. Keep up the fight, you are admirably strong!
Love and prayers,
Mary Rosa
Korrine,
Just wanted to send out a hello to you and your family! I hope you are feeling OK during your chemo. I think about you often... and your brother, and Mom and Dad too.
GO TEAM KC! LIVESTRONG!
hugs and much love, kathy t.
Good Morning CutiePie!!
Hope your week is moving along quickly and that you're feeling good. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I think of you especially when I see the sunny skies and beautiful flowers. StaySTRONG beautiful Korrine!
Love,
Sue
Hey Korrine!
What a wonderful blog you have! I've been so honored to be part of your health care team - you're truly an inspiration. Not to mention one of my favorite patients... :-) Now we just have to make sure this is REALLY your last inpatient chemo!!
-Laura Christie, MD
Dear Korrine and Family,
You have been in our thoughts and prayers constantly. If I'm counting correctly, tomorrow should be your last day of chemo and we are praying that you will be able to return home shortly after that. You are amazing - the entire family is amazing - such strength, grace, and love - you are all inspiration. Our prayers will continue for you - and in Jesus' name, we are praying for Korrine's complete healing.
Hugs to all
Glenda, Richard, and Kirra Thornton
Korrine, you are now half way through this treatment and we are praying for you as you continue to fight and win this battle. You are awesome and inspirational and stong and you will conquor and win this battle. You stay strong and we will continue to pray on your behalf.
The Bauer Family
(Paige shouts out a special "Hi" to you and wants you to know she is praying for you too!)
Hi Korrine,
It's Sunday morning and each morning I check your blog and then I pray for you :)
I'm still laughing about all the funny things we talked about on Tuesday and thanking Jesus for you! Can't wait to do it again!
Your spirit is so strong and your love for your family, friends and Jesus so real & refreshing. I don't know anyone quite like you! You are a special gift to your mom, dad, Sean and all of us, and as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside!
Hang on sweet heart, you are almost done with round #10 . . . hope you can hear Team KC cheering you on!!!!!
With much love & admiration,
Auntie Denise
Good morning, Croghan family! Mark and I took part in the Ovarian Cancer Coalition of Greater California 5K run/walk this morning in Studio City. It was nice to see so many people turn-out and lots of teams representing family and friends of women fighting this disease. We were thinking positive thoughts for Korrine as we walked in the foggy vintage Hollywood-area neighborhoods and through the backlots of CBS Studios. Hope you have a good day, sweetie. Stay positive!
Love, Candy and Mark Johnson
Happy Sunday Korrine~
Just popping in to check on you today. It sounds like round 10 is almost over... Woohoo!! Hope you are able to come home soon. You are so strong and amazing and the fight in you is something I have never seen before. You go girl!!
StaySTRONG!
Much love,
Sue
We are still here fighting with you and with our prayers. Your doing good and in the home stretch! Time to put the head down and drive that wall! We love you.
Codel and JAn
Korrine,
You are so brave and inspirational. If every person in the world had even a small fraction of your spirirt, we would live in paradise.
For english, we had to write a list of the 5 people who inspire us the most and you were on the top of my list. We are praying for you every day and we know you can get through it.
Amanda Johnston
Hi Korrine,
It's Sunday night and time to get ready for another week. I pray you are feeling encouraged and confident in our God. He loves you and He has not forgotten you. He MUST be so proud of you. Remember all that Mary went through? She was your age. Her life was NEVER the same. She accepted it without question. God's plans are perfect. HE KNOWS who He can use and how much they can endure. I feel totally privilaged to be a praying part of such an important journey. We love you and continue to beieve with you.
The Esmeyer Family
Hi Korrine and the whole Croghan family,
It's been a while since I've posted a comment, but I think of you all every day. I continue to be amazed and inspired by you. Stay strong and laugh often!
Love, Linda Bailey
HI Korrine...what's on tap for you today? I'm doing mom stuff like laundry and going for a doctor appointment. I got to see the moon set over the Rockies this morning...it was beautiful. I hope you get some sights of God's beauty today too. Love, Lorri
Dear Korrine,
We know that you are so strong. Strong, tough and smart. We know that you will win this battle and be back with all your friends, at the pool and at school. We think you are so special and are so proud to be your friends. We are always thinking of you. You can do this!
Love from,
Nellie, Mike, Nick
Renee & Jeff
Hey Korrine,
Just checking in to let you know that we're thinking of you and your family. I hope that round 10 is over, you didn't suffer too much from the side effects and that you'll be able to go home very shortly. You and your family remain in our daily prayers. Let us know if you need anything....
Hugs to all,
Glenda Thornton
Dear Korrine,
I have never met you nor your brother. Your mother and I were best of friends and we went to Jr. High School and High School together. I live in Boston, I'm only 3 blocks away from Fenway field. I have been reading your blog often and I wish you the strength to be well soon, and I can meet you. Big hugs to your mother. Love Kayla Mohammadi
Good morning Korrine! It is gorgeous pre-Fall morning here in Sacramento. I'm sitting by the pool drinking my coffee and thinking of you and your family. What is your favorite time of year? Let me guess. Is it summer because of your love for the pool? Hmmm... Fall is mine. The smells of the air, the squirrels in our trees, Hot Apple Cider, Football games.... it's all the stuff that makes me feel peaceful.
I hope you will have a great day, Sweet Girl!
Hug your Mom and Dad and Sean for us.
See you soon,
Jack, Arla and Mary
Post a Comment