We want to wish all of you a great school year. We will be thinking about all of you who are heading off to school. Especially Korrine's freshman class at Granada High School. Korrine wish's so much she could be going off to her Freshman year and would love to be playing water polo. Thank you to Granada High and Jennifer for working so closely with us to make this a successful school year for Korrine. To all of Korrine's friends we know it will be a good year for you and she misses you and thinks of you all the time. Korrine want's to watch some games as soon as she is not neutropenic. We want to watch as many home games as possible
It has been another busy week. This is how our week went. Monday platelet transfusion at Oncology clinic in Oakland, Tuesday 5 hours of red blood transfusion, Wednesday meeting with the bone marrow transplant clinic at U.C.S.F., Thursday platelet transfusion at oncology clinic, and today Friday back to the clinic for more platelet transfusion. Thank you again for the gift of life saving blood. Next week we start tests such as, CT Scan, Heart, Lung, and Kidney testing and another PET scan. Their is talk of more chemotherapy and a possible bone marrow transplant. We will know soon what decisions have been made.
Please keep us in prayer as we have big decisions to make. Please pray for all the doctors involved in Korrine's care that they will be blessed, rested and that God will give all the doctors and nurses wisdom in caring for Korrine and all the children.
Team K.C. we love all your words of encouragement, we read your posts daily and it gives us energy to get thru some difficult days. A friend gave me a refrigerator magnet years ago and it reads. "A true friend overlooks your broken gate and sees the flowers in your garden"
Korrine is forever amazing. She is positive, happy and most certainly BRAVE! Korrine is enjoying Lego's these days because after 9 rounds of chemo their is no energy left so she enjoys sitting and building. She loves reading, and her art which is beautiful. Korrine and Sean have enjoyed being home together. Sean has so much compassion and cares for Korrine's every need.
Lastly...how about our Olympic Water Polo Players?!! The women played a hard fought game against the Netherlands and ended up with a silver medal! The men ( who went in ranked 9th in the tournament) were awesome in their defeat of the powerful Serbian team in the semi finals and will now face the always tough Hungarians on Sunday. Congratulations to all the players and good luck to the men in the gold medal match!
One other Olympic note. We also want to congratulate Maarten van der Weijden of the Netherlands. Maarten won the gold medal in the 10K swim, a grueling 2 hour plus swim. Maarten was diagnosed with leukemia in 2001 and went through 2 years of chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant. WHAT AN AWESOME ACCOMPLISHMENT! Maarten is known for coming from behind in his races and has redifined neagative splitting in this event. Like Maarten, Korrine knows the feeling of coming from behind and beating the odds. These people are so inspiring.
I saw a quote recently. I don't know who it was from but it simply sums up what we have felt around here. "Faith is to believe what you haven't seen and the reward of faith is to see what you have belived". Keep the faith!
Thank you and keep praying for our warrior!
God bless all of you,
Dana, Matt, Korrine and Sean
70 comments:
As we watched Shawn Johnson receive her gold medal in gymnastics, I thought how much her smile and inner spirit reminded me of Korrine. We continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. You are an incredible family. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Love, Kyle, Janet & Chad
I've never been that interested in swimming, but have really enjoyed all the swimming events this Olympics. I think of Korrine and all the Croghans every time I see a pool! I bet you are all thrilled at how well our team has done.
You are all an inspiration. I am keeping all of you in my daily thoughts, prayers and wishes.
Love, Rita
God bless you all, Croghans! Your family is truly an inspiration for your courage, spirit and faith. The strength that you all have shown is a lesson to us all - there is no love like family love and the support of the people surrounding you who truly care. Korrine's smile is like sunshine! We pray for you EVERY day!!!
Good Morning!
You remain in my thoughts and prayers, and know that extra prayers are being said for the decisions you will be making.
I have to say that because of you, CutiePie, I have been watching the Olympic water polo games. WOW! I can't believe how intense they are, and I find myself holding my breath watching them. I knew you were a warrior, but to play that game.... heavens, girl, you are even more amazing than I knew!!
Have a happy Friday!!
Love to you all,
Sue
Dear Korrine,
I start each day thinking about you. You are everything that is right in this world. I only became brave once I was a mom and look at you. You are so brave and beautiful. Your family...there really are no words for how amazzzzzing and strong you all are.
And SEAN...will you marry my daughter? Hoping you all get some much deserved rest and peace over the week-end. julie gilmore
Korrine would definetly get a gold medal for her strength and courage in her own battle. The Olympics have been great to watch especially the water polo. I was watching women's water polo and giving platelets at the same time. They won and now Korrine will win, also. Love you and Livestrong!!!!!!! Liz Xavier
Hi Croghan family, We are watching water polo in the Olympics and thinking of you. We hope you have been able to enjoy watching some of the games. Good luck with all your upcoming decisions. You are an amazing family!
Cheryl and Connor
Dear Croghans,
May God be present and helpful in all of your decision making.
We are so proud of all that you have accomplished so far. Keep up the hard work and rest when you get a chance.
You deserve the gold for perserverence and hard work - I have no doubt that you'll be just like Maarten!
The Campbell's
Hi Korine!
We are praying that the Lord will give you strength and heal you completely of cancer. That was a pretty cool story about the distance swimmer. I know you can negative split your current endurance race, similar to her and a guy known as "the flea". Heard of that famous distance swimmer from MSJ and Michigan? You inherited that ability from your dad, who could negative split with the best of them back in the day. Bring it home strong girlfriend and kick this cancers butt!!!
Get well soon so you can get back to the pool and help Granada out with polo and swimming. Keep fighting hard and we will see you at the Granada home game against Foothill.
We Love You,
Randy and the Usedom Clan
Hi Matt, Dana, Korrine & Sean,
I hope you can hear the cheering that is going on all over the Community, California, the USA and the World for you! Our cheers, prayers and encouragement will continue long after the Olympics are over!
Thank you for letting us know about your long and exhausting week guys. We will pray that you can stay home this weekend and catch up on your rest.
Korrine you continue to WOW us and we thank Jesus for you every day! Sean you are a awesome brother and love you all so much!
Auntie Denise & Uncle Mark
Hi guys,
It sounds like you have the best team ever watching over all of you and we join all of you in constant prayer.
we love all of you.
Ian and Debby
I've been saying that all along... that Shawn Johnson's smile reminded me of Korrine! Korrine, YOU are definitley a gold medal winner in all of our eyes. YOU have so much courage, strength, endurance and faith......YOU inspire SO MANY PEOPLE. Keep up the AWESOME work. We love you, pray for you and have faith in you.
Victoria Cooper
We've printed out the picture of you and you family dining at a sports restaurant, you all have great smiles on your faces! It is a daily reminder of your strength and inspiration! Thank You! Prayers and Love from the Kroeckel's
Thanks for the big update today! It was good to read about all you have been up to, (and I can only imagine how tired you must be!) You inspire us all with your attitude, grace, and strength! My thoughts and prayers are with you daily!
Dear Croghan's,As I'm writing my comment, Janet Hemming's comment is to the left. As I glanced at the first line I thought to myself, "That is EXACTLY what I've thought every time I see Shawn Johnson!" Thanks for sharing your week and catching us up on how things are going. I believe with all my heart that Korrine does have the very best and brightest medical team taking care of and watching over her.Tomorrow, Saturday the 23rd is a very special day for our family. One year ago, my oldest daughter, Becky got kidney from her Dad, Frank. We call it a kidney-versary and we are going to celebrate at Great America with a family dinner to follow.When I think about Becky and her Dad, I marvel at medicine and how it is constantly advancing. Each day is a new promise for bigger and better treatments and cures. Do you know that they took the kidney out of about a 4 inch incision and now, they are starting to take it out through the belly button, leaving few stitches and covered with a band-aid. It is only 1 year later and look how much things can change.I know that you WILL in the future, celebrate days that mark the months and years past this time of treatments. You WILL celebrate being cured and enjoying your family and friends and just being a teenager...hugs and much love, kathy t.
I cannot help but grin (not NEARLY as beautiful as Korrine's smile!) because as much as you are encouraged by the comments on the blog, I am that much MORE uplifted by your strength, courage and seeming unending endurance. Now, don't get me wrong. I cannot EVEN imagine how exhausted you must all be. But I guess that's it. You keep on going in spite of that. We will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers to make decisions that must be very difficult. Oh those precious medical professionals! They are at the top of our list for those to pray for. As always, thank you for allowing us into your life. It is an honor and a privilege to be a part of your journey.
Blessings and hugs,
Arla
Good morning and Happy Saturday to the entire Croghan family~
I hope today finds you all able to enjoy a little rest, sunshine, yummy food and great Olympic watching time ... together! That's the best of all!!! Togetherness. :)
Not a day passes that I don't read your blog and close my eyes, to pray for each one of you.
I will also contiue to pray for wisdom for the doctors and that the cancer will be rid of Korrine's body, once and for all!!!
Korrine, I can only imagine how tired you must be after all you have been through. However, I hope you aren't tired of hearing from all of us what we truly think, feel, believe and have come to know about you...
Your are an *inspiration* to SOOO many... both young and old!!! (Guess I'll have to consider myself 'old' at 43 - hee hee!)
Your *strengh* and *courage* have been incredible to witness throughout this journey you have been on.
Your *positivie* outlook on life is so wonderful and refreshing!
Your *SMILE* is most certainly contagious. :)
Your inner *beauty* and your outter beauty shines brightly.
Mostly, your *love* of family, friends, community ... and your immense *faith* in our Lord, brings forth a grace about you.
We all love you, Korrine!
May you continue to LiveSTRONG! :)
With love and hugs~
Cindy Brian
(Sorry this is so long, but I haven't written in at least 10 days! hee hee)
We wish you all the strength in making the decisions needed ahead of you. You will be in our thoughts and prayers during next weeks tests. Only positive thoughts!
Love,
Jan and Codel
Hi Korrine and Family,
We wish you were walking through the gates of Granada on Monday too. With your warrior spirit, the community's prayers and God's never ending love and grace, that day will come soon and we will all celebrate with you and your family on your miraculous victory. You are one tough, brave cookie Korrine and we will continue to pray for your complete healing and your return to full health.
Our minister often says the following quote about faith, "Faith is the active, wreckless trust in God's goodness" and you and your family have shared that faith with the entire community.
With love,
The Franklin Family
I have to believe the Lord has heard are cries and Korrine is healed.
Hi Groghans,
Korrine was heavily on my mind when I was watching the water polo match, I was a "little" bias, since i'm Dutch, so I was thrilled that they won, but was hoping Korrine wasn't too disapointed :o)
I'm so glad you know Maarten's story, it's SO encouraging to hear them, and knowing that there are plenty of miracle healings around us.
I continue to pray that Korrine will beat this too, and for your entire family for strength and courage, you all amaze me !!!
Annet Hammond.
Happy Sunday Croghans!
I wanted to pop on and say howdy and wish you all a great day. Actually I NEEDED to get on here and wish you a good day.... I've been trying to fix the toilet, and it's so darned frustrating! haha I test it and it's not leaking and I think "sweeet", then I turn the water supply back on and it leaks all over the floor! UGH!!! haha So, I needed my CutiePie fix. Looking at your pictures always make me smile and feel happy. Thank you!
Hope you're all doing well, and getting stronger day by day. Have a great day at school tomorrow Sean. I hope to see you soon. Hopefully before you know it Granada will be a brighter place with Korrine's beautiful smile in it. Hang in there!
Love,
Sue
Korrine,
We know that it is hard to be tired all the time, please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family all the time. We are all checking in on you daily through this website and drawn constantly to pray for you and your family as God brings you through this season to true and pure healing, which we believe He will do.
I chuckled hearing everyone compare your smile to Shawn Johnson, because that same conversation went on in our home. Isn't God so good to use so many ways to continue to remind us to bring you before Him daily.
I wish you were going to GHS this next week, but what a wonderful day it will be when you do get to attend. For now Sweetie, rest and heal.
God Bless you Croghan family.
The Bauer Family
(Rick, Corey, Paige and Brandon)
Couldn't help but think of you as we watch the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. We love you and are praying for you and all those involved in your healing. So glad to hear how great Sean has been too. You are a precious family. Love and blessings and ALWAYS hope!
The Esmeyer Family
Hey Matador,
Happy 1st day of school to you! You will be missed on Campus but will be there in spirit. We hope this message finds you rested, stronger, and feeling good!!!
Take Care,
Taylor,Savannah,Wendy,& Aj Vasquez
Hi Korrine...I'm sorry you can't be on campus as you start your Freshman year. I bet all your friends wish they could come have school in your front yard so you could see them through the window (since I know they wouldn't want to spread germs to you!)
I'm praying for you today and asking God to be the Lifter of your head. :) Love you...Lorri
Hi Croghan Family!
Hope you all are having a great day. I was just thinking of you and wanted to check in.
Hug each other for me and have a terrific evening.
Love,
Sue
Today when Reid headed off to school and we thought about Korrine and the family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
The Beermann Family
Keep fighting Korrine, I will keep praying for you! I know you will get better soon! Go Team KC!
Hello Croghans!
Just a reminder of many prayers for all of you are regualarly going to God on your behalf. Korrine I too stayed at home while my classmates were in school. I promise you God does care and will bring you through to wholeness. Please remember you are never, ever alone - God is with you every moment!
Love you!
Hi Korrine! Today I wish I could come whisk you and your mom away for a Ladies Day Out! This is what we would do:
-Get pedicures!
-Go to lunch and you would have a great appetite and everything would taste good to you!
-Go to a pool and watch you swim!
-Find a huge check in the mail for you to spend at American Eagle, Hollister, and Lego.com! And order it all with overnight shipping!
-While we were out, a team would come in and clean and decorate your house and make dinner so your mom could keep relaxing! I'd even be sure that your animals would have baths and bows!
It's fun day dreaming for you! I pray that God gives you His joy as your strength and that you are very aware of His great love for you. Love, Lorri
Hi Korrine,
Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you. Be Strong!
Love, The Nagy Family
Happy Tuesday Croghans. We are thinking of you today as always. Wanted to stop in and let you know that!
My thought for all of us for today:
"Let us not grow weary in doing good (like keepin our hope and faith and prayers alive for Korrine and her family) for AT THE PROPER TIME we WILL reap a harvest IF we do not give up!" Galatians 6:9
Good Morning CutiePie!
I was thinking about you this morning as I was out walking, and about 5 minutes later here comes a group of kids riding bikes... one with a Team KC shirt on! :-) You are never far from anyone's heart or mind.
Hope you are feeling well!
Love ya!
Sue
Hi Korrine, Just thinking about YOU today and picturing you and your mom hanging out enjoying some good "girl time" :) I can also picture your beautiful face and see your smile when I am praying for you! Try to stay cool and have a great day! I love you, Auntie Denise
Hi Korrine. That's all I have to say today...just poppin' my head in to say, "Hey!"
Thinking of you with love, Lorri
Dear Korrine,
I'm thinking it just may be better that you need to wait to start at Granada. The first few days/weeks can be a little overwhelming and you have been overwhelmed enough recently. I know that it is all part of the experience but...just think that when you do get to Granada all your friends will be there to make your transition a smooth one simply by knowing where to go. Plus with a home teacher you are likely to be ahead of the game in schoolwork!! I feel more confident about this today. On monday I must say my heart broke for you. Hang in there kiddo and keep that beautiful smile lighting up Livermore! julie gilmore
Oh my gosh Janet, my kids said the same thing when Shawn received her medal- that her smile is exactly like Korrine's!!!
We pray for Korrine and the Croghan family daily.
With Love, The Mingione Family
Korrine-
Hope you are having a GREAT day!! Stay strong and keep smiling like you always do. I thank you for doing that, you are one of my last sources of hope, and you are such an inspiration, you never give up.
Stay strong, my friend.
LIVESTRONG!!!!!
Hi Croghans,
I so appreciate your updates on Korrine and your family. All of you are an inspiration to us. I continue to pray for you every day and know that you are in God's marvelous hands.
Love, Mrs. Scarbrough
Korrine,
Just sending a quick little hello! I hope this finds you feeling strong and getting lots of rest. I can't say it enough... YOU ARE TRULY an AMAZING YOUNG LADY and such an INSPIRATION to us all!
Your Uncle Mark has an 8 x 10 copy of the picture on the top of your blog site on the wall in his office. When I walk in there... I am alway drawn to your beautiful smile! It warms me inside and makes me smile.
Sending positive thoughts, hugs and lots of love to you and your family!
~kathy t.
Dear Korrine,
I apologize if this is coming across a 2nd time....I thought I had posted but it seems like it disappeared....
My name is Teri and I have a 6 year old daughter, Sarah who is currently battling Leukemia. Sarah is 22 months since her diagnosis so we have an idea of what you are going through and we want you to know that you are in our prayers. I have read a few of your blogs and you sound like a truely amazing person. Stay strong, stay positive and keep smiling!
We hope that we are able to meet you when you are feeling better and are not neutropenic. Sarah also receives her treatment at Children's Hospital, so we might see you there.
Please tell your Mom that if she ever needs to talk or if there is anything that we can do for you to please contact us at teribanholzer@msn.com.
We live in Pleasanton so we are neighbors.
LIVESTRONG!
Love,
Team Sar-Sar
Korrine-
I am sorry i havent left any messages lately! I have just been so busy! i really really miss you! i wish so much for you to be starting school with all of your friends! Over the past weekend i had a soccer tournament! My team came in first place and we played a team that always beats us 1-0... but when we played them in the championship we beat them 2-1 and i scored the WINNING goal! And as i scored that goal i immediately thought of you, and how many goals you have scored and i could feel inside me that your WINNING goal is approaching! I cant wait to hear all about it... when the time comes!!! Stay strong and forever be an inspiration to all of us!! Talk to you soon!!
love,
Audrey Walke
Hi Korrine and family!
We think about you often and wanted to check in and say hi. We hope you are feeling good and are sending you tons of happy vibes :)
Love,
Michelle and Lisa
Child Life Specialists
Kaiser Santa Clara
Hi Korrine!
Just checking in to see your smiling face and wish you a happy day. Hope you're staying cool and feeling well!
Love and hugs,
Sue
Korrine,
You are in our thoughts and prayers! Hope to see you at the Granada water polo games soon!
Love,
The Carter Family
Hi Korrine! How are you feeling today? I am praying that something happens today that makes you laugh, smile or feel loved. Perhaps all three. :)
Love, Lorri
Happy Friday Croghan Family!
I pray that today is filled with everything that's good.
Much love,
Sue
Just checking in to say we are thinking about you all & wishing you a good labor day weekend, full of rest, family and laughter.
The Bauer Family
Hi Korrine and family!
I have been checking your blog everyday to see news about how you are doing. I continue to pray for your recovery Korrine and I hope you have had a good week. I hope you have been able to stay cool in this heat!
Love,
Cindy Vance
In one of my many occasions of talking with people about Korrine, I mentioned her to my sweet Aunt June ... she's 85 and spends most of her time tending to her "older" friends. :) Anyway, I digress. I asked her to ask her niece who lives near the wonderful Croghan's if she might of heard of Korrine. Well, small world ... Aunt June's niece is Julie Schweickert Knight!! She called us tonight after Aunt June asked her about the Croghan family! She couldn't say enough good things about you guys! She had no clue that Kyle was related to Korrine and we had many tidbits to share. So, know that EVERYBODY who's ANYBODY knows Korrine! :) :)
As always, you all are in our thoughts and prayers!!
Peace,
Debra Brumbaugh
Just to let you know the Kellman family is praying for you.. we hope your family has a great labor day weekend. Prayers for lots of smiles, rest, and healing
bless you
Love sandi and family
Hi CutiePie!
Enjoy the weekend and know that I'm thinking of you with a smile in my heart.
Love,
Sue
It is Saturday night and you are being thought about and prayed for. Hope your labor day weekend is a good one!!
God Bless you Korrine!
Love and prayers from the Rosas
Hi Korrine...checking in on you. Any updates? Let us know how you are doing and how we can pray for you! Love, Lorri
Your Fan Club is still praying for you and your family, Korrine,for the decisions you have to make...we pray for peace and health and contentment for all of you and your team! Stay strong, God bless~
Today was a beautiful day in Livermore and we were hoping you were able to enjoy it.
I swam laps today and thought about you while I was swimming...it allows me time to pray for you and your family.
Hoping you have a great Labor Day tomorrow.
Hi Korrine...I was thinking of you while I was fixing my 6 month old new hair...it won't be long until your hair comes back too. I measured mine yesterday: 3 inches! When you are ready, I'll pass on all my post-chemo hair tricks (#1 is headbands!)
Love, Lorri
Hi Croghans!
Hope you are enjoying a long weekend together doing what you love to do. I was thinking of you and wanted to check in and say hello!
Have a fabulous day!!
Love,
Sue
It was so wonderful to see you yesterday, Korrine, looking so beautiful and with color in your cheeks. Your smile warms our hearts and your courage inspires us all. We will keep praying for you every day.
Love,
The Robinettes
Hi Korrine,
Just thinking about you and praying you are better than well. We love you and believe with you.
THe Esmeyer Family
Dear Korrine,
Just thinking about you and hoping you and your family are doing well. Funny, we thought Shawn Johnson reminded us of you too! Hello and hugs to you and your family-stay well and stay cool in this heat!
God Bless,
The McNairs
Hey Korrine,
How are ya sweet girl? I hope you enjoyed some sunshine and maybe even some water this weekend. We swam and BBQ'd here in Sacratomato. We continue to pray for you. Know you are loved.
Blessings,
Arla, Jack & Mary.
Hi Croghans,
Stephen and I were out of town for awhile. Today is Monday, Labor Day. We hope u all have had a good week. Each week, there is a special verse that touches my heart. This week (and today reading it twice) was about "Trust in the Lord with all your and and lean not inot your own understanding"....I can't help but hold onto that verse and I hope it helps you all, too. Love you guys. Maybe I'll c u on Sunday. Hang in there, Korrine. Happy new school year, and being home, and and and...I feel very behind keeping up with you all. God Bless.
Steve and Bec
Good morning,
Just checking in to see how all was going - We hope that you had an enjoyable 3 day weekend! You remain in our prayers.
The Thornton's
Hi Korrine...Praying today brings you sunshine and moments of joy. May your body be healed as you rest in God's loving care.
Lorri
Just wanted to check in with youo Korrine and make sure that you are doing well. Keep on smiling and soon enough you will be back at school. God bless you and your family.
Happy Tuesday CutiePie!!
I just finished making some soup --
I know... crazy kids want soup on a 94 degree day? There's no accounting for craziness, is there? Anyhow, I was thinking about you guys and wanted to check on you and say hi! Hope you are gaining strength each day and feeling as good as you look!
Have a great day and hug each other for me.
Love,
Sue
Hey!
I miss you so much Korrine. The start of 9th grade has been good, I am taking Biology and there are only 5 freshmen in the class. It is very odd being with older people in my classes. PE is hard but I like running so that is good. I use to keep up with you in 7th grade, but your like a speed demon, lol. You are amazing Korrine.
All my love, Anja
Post a Comment